Foods you will never understand the appeal of

How the fuck can people eat this shit plain?

Uh, most people don't. They eat it with other stuff to compliment the flavour. Usually what they eat it with is strongly seasoned, so the rice helps cut the intensity out.

only weebs eat it plain

What I don't understand is how dipshits buy machines to make it. It's like buying a poorly designed nutscratcher to scratch your nuts.

>compliment

*sigh*

It's complement.

A good rice cooker with a locking lid and fuzzy logic will make rice better than a pot and will make it perfectly everytime

When its perfectly cooked the way you like it, you can easily be satisfied eating it plain. But I've eaten rice my entire life.

I have a lagostina pot and a burner that makes the most utterly balanced basmatti I've ever tasted. It does it every time because I rinse and cook it the same way every time and I don't need AI to make it so. I don't lose one kernel. I was talking with my 65 year old rich aunt and she said the same. "I don't use it."

The only rice I eat plain is glutinous rice.
Even as flavourful as jasmine rice is, I can't eat it plain.

I learn to appreciate the effort that went into growing the rice, and then bringing it to my table. Makes me appreciate even the plainest of food.

Get good short-grain rice.

Plain short grain rice is very nice. But usually as a side dish or paired with something with a dominant flavor.

I think OP was talking about the bowl.

Well... they don't. They eat it with side dishes.
Mostly salty stuff so the plain rice can balance it out.

>**
back to tumblr with you

I always just wrap it in nori and make a roll. Or if it's a side I'll sprinkle some seasoning or put a little soy sauce over the top. That's only with plain white rice, mind you. More often I make it with stock to add flavor, or stir fry it with veggies and meat.

is this the thread for the non-stick cast iron pressure wifi smart rice cooker?

Different rice finishes at different times. You have to smell that shit to know when it's done. Fuck rice cookers.

Rice cookers don't use timers.

plain rice has a nice subtle sweet flavor like all grains
did someone take a blowtorch to your tongue or something?

if youre on a budget and past the ramen phase, rice will become your best friend. I love rice it makes me hard

Basmati is really good plain

Americans...

i often throw an uncooked egg and add salt, it adds great flavour and texture. i think it's a japanese recipe

too risky, someone could hack into it and ruin my rice