OFFICIAL EARTH FOOD

What should be the Official Dish of Planet Earth?

Assume we meet aliens, and they can eat all of our food.

We can only present them one dish.

I nominate the humble Cheeseburger and Fries.

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/03/26/394339284/how-snobbery-helped-take-the-spice-out-of-european-cooking
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NYC style thin crust pizza

The humble 'deen

'chos

corn on the cob with butter really would be a delight for an alien species

Honestly when i think food i think hamburgers and hotdog. So i think hotdog.

Bread.

Staple food. Smells great. Tastes good. You can put various alien spreads on it. Promotes peace.

Bread and stew? That's pretty much cross-cultural

I don't think aliens would consume energy in such a stupid way

I hope they synthesize sunlight to caloric energy at a really efficient rate so that we can strap them forcibly to our rooves, stick a metal cable up their bootyholes and power our homes with them

It should be something we don't eat that's really disgusting. To fuck with them.

Toss my vote in for aunt Myrna's party salad

Then we should give Mämmi because it looks like shit covered in cum.

Simple meat stew would be good. I vote for humble beef and potato stew.

For me it's the McChicken the greatest..., etc.

pickled cucumber

I've had a recurring thought lately about when aliens first come to Earth. The nations of Earth decide to host a big party for the aliens, you know the works, fancy tables with a spread of foods that would make kings jealous. And the aliens come in, there's conversing, and the eating begins, and the aliens ask us: "Wait...you eat dead animals?" And I think that would be the single most awkward moment in human history.

A cup of coffee and a kick in the dick.

Tendies

This post is american as fuck, kys

This. Bread is a perfect food and since no animals have to die for it, pacifistic aliens would be okay with it.

To blow away our alien guest we will have to bring them the very best our earth has to offer.

This

They probably get nutrients in a much more efficient way anyways

That would usher in the most horrific high energy weapon annihilation of our planet, possibly even our solar system, as retribution for our culinary crime.

spaghetti

Aliens that make it to earth won't even be organic life forms. They'll be some type of artificial robot with their consciousness copied over.

Fuck all of your food.
The best dish to ever exist are dumplings. Fucking look up "pierogi ruskie" in Google, and you'll know this shit's crazy man. It would blew these space niggers' minds away, THAT'S HOW GOOD THIS DISH IS.

>They'll be some type of artificial robot with their consciousness copied over.

How do you know that will be the case though?

Because he's an idiot.

A cheeseburger and a can of coke.

Because it defines humanity.

Sürstromming.

Relax Mulder, its just shitposting.

Better be Coke Zero(tm) I hope!

I nominate Ramsay to present our finest on all of Earth's behalf.

maybe not. we're sending drones to other planets before we go there ourselves. so i don't see why aliens wouldn't do the same, with a more advanced drone.

I think pie would be better. It combines a bread-like material with a very wide range of products, which means it can be vegetarian. Also, many cultures across the earth have some form of pie, which makes it a decent representative. And it also is somewhat unique in that it straddles the line between homemade and fast food, at least where I come from.

beer and bread

anything cooked over charcoal and raw oysters

If we serve meat to represent humanity, it should be something chicken based, since chicken is something all people eat.

Then again I'd even consider serving meat at all, based on how the aliens might view meat consumption. Or maybe on their planet evolution took a different turn and they are some chicken or crab descendants.

Fried Chicken, of course

Smoked pork belly, baked beans, and slaw

that's a good answer

SO long as they don't hold yeast in high regards

soup de juer

You idiots.
It would be fruit.

>soup de juer
*soup du jour

It's the soup of the day.

I'll give them fucking soylent and water. Maybe some cream of wheat.

What if we bring out our tastiest shit and they decide it's too tasty. Remember what happened when white people discovered spiced? If we encounter aliens, they will be space white people. Pretty soon humans are traded throughout the galaxy as culinary slaves.

if they didn't bring beer then they don't get to eat

Penne pasta with tomato sauce and parmesan with mushrooms and basil, with a pitcher of west coast style double IPA and a pitcher of filtered water with lemon.

Oh wait, that's just drunk/high me wishing what I had rn. Nevermind

I'm cool with this
Why isn't bread more of a symbol?

pizza. seriously.
>1 very popular in many many countries
>2 can be customized to fit alien's allergies/needs
>3 can be meatless, unlike most globally popular dishes like burgers and fried chicken
>4 you don't need to know how to use forks or chopsticks to eat it
>5 it comes to your doorstep. we could probably trick aliums into giving us a starship if we say we need it to deliver a pizza in 20 min or less to Thessia
>6 I want to eat pizza with an asari

Pulled pork all the way brah

Best answer but also the most boring is simply fruit. Something that just grows naturally on earth. Doesn't require any cooking or prep to be edible. It's not bias towards any country or culture like many recipes. You can get a good variety of different flavors and textures and whatnot. Also you can make some interesting presentations with it.

What if they somehow haven't discovered fermented drinks, like the crops on their planet just never allowed it. But they can still drink our booze and get drunk. In a drunken stupor they formally inaugurate us into the League of Planets.

Hamburgers, along with the sweet tunes of human music

What if the aliens don't have mouths?

ayyy

You can just say pizza. Not like that flyover garbage from anywhere else matters.

>soup du jour
*soupe du jour

Why the hell are these things so expensive. Saw them go for 4$ a piece at local vendor, shit was like 2 inch across and one inch height

OP here

I included
>they can eat all of our food.
As a catch-all for "they eat and digest the same stuff we do"

They're omnivores and can eat any food Earth has to offer basically

My favorite answers so far are
and
These all seem like universal foods, even the kick in the dick.

I'm surprised nobody has said Curry yet.

>we meet aliens and they can eat our food
stopped reading right there you dumb fuck

The McChicken, the best fast food sandwich.

Don't even pretend like you know what aliens can eat

>he thinks all humans are fat americans

Curry yet

It's not a bad representation of American food, but I don't think it would work as an official Earth dish

Coke is too sweet, and a burger is probably too heavy, I wouldn't use it as an ambassadorial plate of food

These anons are probably on the money. A fruit plate would be good Earth representation. Maybe include cheese if the aliens are into that.

To be something fitting all human time and locations, probably a fish. Every civilization has some ocean contact, and all ate at least some fish.

>Remember what happened when white people discovered spiced?
They opened up the globe for trade and it prompted rapid growth and prosperity across numerous cultures?

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/03/26/394339284/how-snobbery-helped-take-the-spice-out-of-european-cooking

pizza