Probability that my kid's going to be tall

Question is in the Subject..

I'm 6'4, my fiancée is 5'8.5
What are the odds that my kid is going to be as tall as me?

Perhaps not as tall as you, but chances are he won't be a manlet though.

Height is defined by multiple alleles and it's random which alleles the baby gets, some of which may not be active in either one of you. So it is really hard to say.

Well that sucks

mathematician here

cant say for sure due to randomness but I can give a lower bound of it being higher than the probability of a child who's parents were all dwarfs for 3+ generations

Don't marry a womenlet you goddamn idiot.

>and it's random which alleles the baby gets
it may look like random to us, but it ain't

I am larger than both my parents, so it's not all genes.

hi dad

How is 5'8.5 short for a woman?

UU
UU

Here's a good way to estimate your kids' heights: take the average height of the parents, then add 2 - 4" for a boy or subtract 2 - 4" for a girl.

Split 6'4" and 5'8.5", you're looking at 6'0.25". So, a boy would probably be around 6'2.5" - 6'4.5", and a girl would be 5'8.5" - 5'10.5".

it has a lot to do with diet

how insightful

Take that shit back to /r9k/

Depends on how tall her boyfriend is.

I hope you the best

Fuck off then, and enjoy your little manlet.

In pediatrics, the sex-adjusted mid-parental target height is calculated by adding (subtracting) 6.5 cm/2.5 in to the mean of the parents' height for boys (girls). An acceptable deviation (not requiring further evaluation) is +/- 5 cm/2 in.

So for a boy the target height is 190 cm (+/-5 cm) and girl 177 cm (+/-5 cm).

Interesting thread.
Why is my son taller than me?

>fiancée
>choosing to be there for a girl who decided to notice you some time ago

hahahahhahahahah

considering there are plenty of people who outgrow their parents by a good few inches even when both their parents are around 5'8 or smaller, i'd say decent