NASA Ayy lmao Announcement

Happening now Veeky Forums

>Is Nasa on the verge of finding alien life? Space agency set to reveal its latest discoveries made by Kepler later today.

NASA findings: press release/ stream in 10 minutes (6pm BST/ 1PM ET)

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3582864/Is-Nasa-verge-finding-alien-life-Space-agency-set-reveal-latest-discoveries-Kepler-later-today.html

Stream live at nasa.gov/news/media/newsaudio/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridge's_law_of_headlines
nasa.gov/feature/ames/kepler/briefingmaterials160510
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

More exoplanets
No aliens
Better luck next time fedorashits

If it was aliens, it wouldn't be released to the public

and if it was, it wouldn't be by some literally whos

>clickbait article
>NASA, who is known for bullshitting and saying stupid shit for attention
>le "rumors" (made up bullshit)
Time to stop posting, OP.

>NASA press release/livestream
>implying it won't be fucking nothing in the end
Anyone here remember Felisa Wolfe-Simon and her discovery of a bacterium that could supposedly use arsenic in place of phosphorous in its DNA? And how NASA advertised it as a discovery that would change how we think about life in the universe?

Not falling for this.

>If it was aliens, it wouldn't be released to the public

Why exactly do people believe this? What benefit would governments/science organizations gain from keeping their biggest finding and achievement of all time a secret?

Even though I want to believe very badly that they actually discovered microscopic ayy lmaos, it's too unlikely that they actually did because dailymail says so.

This image is single-handedly ruining Veeky Forums.

Every fucking thread some pessimismfag has to come in and post it.

Fuck you.

but it's correct.

it's a meme now, like gorillaposting.

Have you ever thought that maybe those "pessimismfags" have a point?

Hello there singularitycuck

Because me and other people like me will tell everyone that we're in contact with the aliens and make shit up to milk the mulderfags and christfags for all their cash.

Might try to organize them into a big cult, too. Depends how many of them get my peepee going. Basically, if you don't think a revelation like this would fuck shit up, you don't have enough imagination.

Fuck off fedorashit.

Explain the dropoff, then, faggots.

The drop off represents a catastrophe of some kind. The green line represents if no disaster ever occurs.

Shitskin invasion.

China and India ally instead of killing each other off.

>It'll happen because I said so
move along kiddos.

>I'm literally a middle schooler: The Post

>My unsubstantiated predictions shall surely become real one dayy

He says as he desperately clings to the thought of singularity

Every single time they do the same "It mayy be ayyliumaos payy atention to us!" and it's never ayys, I'm tired of their bs.

I stopped caring desu. This time it was interesting though, a lot of new planets.

So what did they announce?

> ayy lmaos revealed in 10 years from now
> no one cares because all of the bs destroying the hype
yeah whatever, fucking space niggers.

That you're mom reached critical mass.

They've discovered like 1284 confirmed exoplanets in one go with Kepler, including 550 or so Earthlikes.

Actually it is quite something.

Apparently they got these all from just one patch of sky in Lyra, which is pretty good sign for planet-hunting odds.

Maybe we can play together.

>NASA: We're going to make an interesting announcement soon. Stay tuned.
>Media: IT'S ALIENS ISN'T IT? YOU'VE FOUND ALIENS!
>NASA: N-no, we're just-
>Media: OH MY FUCKING GOD THEY FOUND ALIENS! SPACE ALIENS! FROM SPACE!
>NASA: WE NEVER MENTIONED ALIENS!
>Media: THEY SAID IT. THEY SAID ALIENS. ALIENS CONFIRMED.
Repeat every year forever.

Yes, you are, but that is beside the point.

>That question mark in the headline
you know they just use the word "alien" for marketing right?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridge's_law_of_headlines

>A headline with a question mark at the end means, in the vast majority of cases, that the story is tendentious or over-sold. It is often a scare story, or an attempt to elevate some run-of-the-mill piece of reporting into a national controversy and, preferably, a national panic. To a busy journalist hunting for real information a question mark means 'don't bother reading this bit'

Does this not happen at least once every 6 months?

> dailymail
oh boy if I had a nipple for everytime dailymail released some batshit overblown story...

>the SHARIA LAW arachnids are also set to cause the worst winter for fifty years

Any time you see it written "Nasa" instead of "NASA" you can be sure that the article is complete shit. Daily mail is always shit anyway

Every. Fucking. Time
Remember when they announced finding liquid brine on Mars? Or that fucking "unexplained dip in brightness on a star"-thing?
Everybody goes bat-shit crazy, spamming ALIENS and AYLMAO all over the fucking place. Meanwhile, some poor scientist is sitting there, regretting ever saying "huh, that's odd!" out loud

They still haven't figured out the star though.

It must be confusing to think of yourself as intelligent and yet remain so unsuccessful in your own life.

What is your rationalization? I'm curious.

We won't know with certainty for a long time.

>So what if every civilization since time immemorial has collapsed, it'll be different this time.

Lol.

> dailymail
why is this piece of shit thread still alive ?

>pessimismfag
ROFLAMO. Butthurt NEET manchild Star Trek fan detected.

thx, saved that image to repost

Kek

Ooo ooo I can make graphs in MSPaint to!

Singularity fags are idiots but if you think technological progress will plateau forever, you're just as retarded.

Don't be angry friend

What is the best newspaper and why is it The New York Times?

FUCK OFF SPACE REFUGEES WE ARE FULL
WE
ARE
FULL
BUILD DYSON SPHERE
MAKE THE SOLAR SYSTEM GREAT AGAIN

>that's real retarded
Sounds like the standard human beehaviour

Guess we're not the only rocky planet forming within a certain range from a star. Who could possibly have guessed?

newfag he didnt even make that graph
neither did you make that one

Aaand im of to read about TESS

>550 earth-like planets in one constellation
>Aliens don't exist
This is the day that Veeky Forums was truly BTFO

What do you think we are paying them for?

>What do you think we are paying them for?
I have no idea, but unless it's stacking paperclips it might be a good idea to give them a bit more.

Look at the year of your post, now extrapolate 2016 from the graph. It should click in for you

how many of these are in the 'Goldilocks Zone'? And how many of those are large enough to have a magnetic field to keep the atmosphere from blowing away? And how many of those have a larger planet in its solar system to divert extinction event sized asteroid from knocking out life every few thousand years?

nasa.gov/feature/ames/kepler/briefingmaterials160510