Why do most animals look like this?

Why do most animals look like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_burrowing_caecilian,
slither.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Same reason your mother looks like that.

insects are animals
technically most animals are insects

you know god damn what I meant

hey

You mean have four legs, a head and a midsection connecting them?

Evolve: Tail

Most mammals do because they are tetrapods. So are birds, reptiles, and amphibians. Same common ancestor.

Is that what tetrapod melon tea comes from?

yes

the tail was inferred

Quite. But why? What specifically imposed upon such a form dictating it would become the most efficient? Especially when it is not.

How come we're the only things that walk on two legs?

I'd probably buy it.

They are fish that evolved necks and long bony fins.

>Especially when it is not
What would the alternative be then? Land animals mainly have those main features, yes

WhatÅ› this from?

So your question is essentially, "why do most animals who look like this look like this?"

We can't read your mind. Not knowing other people have different beliefs than you is a sign of autism

We don't have the technology, but if we did organ donor shortages would probably not be a problem.

Unnovations catalogue, 2003

the manual for kissmammal. most kissanimals that i've gotten have had one.

they exist?

Yes but mainly why are they like this

Arms? for stuff and things
why two legs not four

Misunderstanding is probably a sign of something to but idk I'm not a doctor

Because we all evolved from the same lungfish that had that basic body plan

>they exist?
they had to stop making them 'officially', but there's a chinese tor site where you can still get them

link desu?

also;
what the fuck was that lngfish thinking of things when it's conscious thoughts were encoded by the universal algorrhthem? Secondly, how the piss do you spell algorythem without using google?

edit: captcha using hebrew storefronts to confuse me

Alurgayrhytm

Algorithm, and what in the name of holy fuck are you talking about?

This thread is 10/10, keep it up.

>yes
because it's crazy efficient for most animals
for us humans walking on two legs is even more efficient, because we have arms with very functional hands which we are free to use when standing upright

I have never seen a single animal that looked like that, I would probably shoot it if I did.

I have no scientific support for this whatsoever, but here it goes:

Herbivores & Carnivorous: Because it is easier to maintain balance such that you can have a chance at defending yourself against carnivorous animals. Animals that have a smaller support area (I'm not a native english speaker) and higher centroid, such as penguins or humans, fall over more easily than 4 legged animals and as such become prey easier.

There was a time (or times) in evolution when the species tried out new models of symmetry for their cells. We came from something that was bilateral symmetric. Look up bilateral symmetry.

Having an entrance at one end and an exit at another has just been very good over time. I kind of consider us to be like an A and B node, Head and genitals connected by spine.

I wonder about this a lot for some reason.

It's almost like they share a common ancestor or something.

Why do cars have four wheels?

This only really applies to most mammals, reptiles and amphibians, OP

i didn't give enough of a fuck to arrange this into a tree

That's nice!

Hahahahahaha that drawing holy fuck

Best way to hunt and reproduce for them.

oh boy you made me laugh
thank you for that

Then why does it happen to be the case that, with the exclusion of primates (still prone to walking on fours), we're both on top of the chain and the only species to walk upright to utilise two appendages for tasks other than perpetuating forward momentum? Are arm limbs and the potential for increased intelligence mutually independant phenomena? Also why don't more legs bend from the front of the knee

But we turned out to be pretty dope at them both. Why aren't there more bipedals, like a bear-lion?

so most animals?

sweet
can I be the advanced worm?
like a floating brain/spinal cord with relatively low biomatter in exchange for the ability to telekinetically manipulate physical objects with the power of one's thought

additionally; filename.kek

fuckin lol nice drawing

thanks

fair enough actually

>so most animals?
Seems like you either suffer from memory loss, or you just aren't very bright. Let me redirect you to this guy's post

Two points I know of are that standing upright frees up our hands. That allows us to use them to carry things like weapons, food, etc. I'm conjecturing that once they were free from loading bearing, developing dexterity didn't produce any drawbacks, giving us advantages for tool making and such.

My next point is that standing on only two legs makes you slower. We're good hunters because we have weapons and can stand tall to scout out prey as well as spot predators. But then we're slow as fuck.

Use of forelimbs for hand stuff is only valuable for species that are smart enough to do useful hand stuff.

I guess I should add that these advantages only come through when supplied with high intelligence

were we smart before we had hands?

I don't think animals look like that.

>that drawing
top fucking kek

Best thread on Veeky Forums atm.

Actually, OP.

Most animals.

Are nematodes.

it's hard to say but starting too walk on 2 legs without already being able to do somewhat useful stuff with your hands sounds like too much of an fitness cost

say walking on 4 legs is xa and walking on 2 legs is xb, you see that xb has a higher fitness but if there are no intermediates, it's almost impossible to get from xa to xb since you would have to start off with many detrimental mutations
this does not usually happen, so I say it's likely that our intelligence was either already high enough or evolved along on a fast pace

>the tail was inferred
your imbecilic faggotry was inferred

Care to guess how many knees an elephant has, user?

>so most animals
except fish, birds, insects, spiders, scorpions, crabs, octopus, squids, clams, snails, worms, jellyfish, sponges, and several other things as well

And that's of course leaving out things like snakes, whales, seals, manatees, bats, these things: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_burrowing_caecilian, and probably more as well

The Lamarck quote killed me

What about snakes?

topkek

PLEASE let this become a meme. I wish someone can make gorillas and bears like this and replace gorillaposting/bearposting altogether.

Agreed. That kind of posting should stick to

lots of things use front limbs fro uses other than propulsion

In this thread:

people who have never heard of dinosaurs or kangaroos

slither.io/

kangaroos don't exist faggot

> Then why does it happen to be the case that we're both on top of the chain and the only species to walk upright to utilise two appendages for tasks other than perpetuating forward momentum?
> Are arm limbs and the potential for increased intelligence mutually independant phenomena?

Are you arguing that intelligence is tied to an animals arms and how they use them? What the hell is going on in this thread.

Whats with all the dumb people

ask ur mum

I'm just saying it's a little suspicious

It's not so far fetched, I forget where I heard about it, but there's a hypothesis that our level of intelligence is dependent upon:
A) having appendages for coarse and fine manipulation of the world i.e., arms and hands, especially opposable thumbs
B) language for communication
C) eyes on the front of our head for overlapping fields of vision for depth perception and acute spacial awareness
And the ratio of brain mass to total body mass plays a role too.