Why do people refer to engineering majors as walking jokes and suckers...

Why do people refer to engineering majors as walking jokes and suckers, when we're always the smartest people in society? Pic very much related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Snf6Wpn-L4c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the more you train your brain to do science the further behind you get at talking to girls

that picture does not prove your point at all though, it shows the top 4 caps at MD, professor, legal, and natural sciences. engineering is significantly lower

engineers really just apply the things that scientists discover, not really a respectable field imo but if thats what you enjoy then w/e

>engineers really just apply the things that scientists discover
Which requires a higher IQ than discovering them.

except it doesn't. you really just follow your bosses commands and do generic shit while all the research funding is in the sciences

im guessing you're like a college sophomore though and wont realize this for a couple years

enginnering is a joke

just apply some formulas you don't understand

just like medicine, this is meme tier

i dont get this graph. does that mean that highest IQ ever measured for Janitors/sextons was ~111 ?

No, the bars are the 10th and 90th percentile.

i dont understand .. like pic related?

t. never taken an engineering class before

I double majored in math and mechanical engineering and the classes are both fairly rigorous just in different ways

>social scientist
professional propagandists is a better job description

>smartest people in society
>average iq is like 110

wow so smrt

it means that the score corresponding to the right end of the bar is 90% better than all people of that profession. The left end of the bar is the score that's better than 10% of the people. So the middle of the bar should be the median IQ

still dont get it.. im gonna look up some youtube tutorial

youtube.com/watch?v=Snf6Wpn-L4c

what are you studying?

im not studying anything

why are you on Veeky Forums did you get lost from /b/

i like maths

>the physics master race meme actually has evidence supporting it

>chemistry that low
i'm guessing this is because there are a lot of pre-meds that have chemistry majors
if you took them out we would at least be near philosophy

>calculating the area of a circle takes higher IQ than discovering pi
>building a wheel more difficult than inventing the wheel
>formulating a vaccine more difficult than discovering a vaccine
I could go on... probably the most stupid thing I have seen on all Veeky Forums, including /b/

it seems like you are a natural

>calculating the area of a circle takes higher IQ than discovering pi
>discovering pi
you mean literally just doing circ / diameter?

>building a wheel more difficult than inventing the wheel
Yes.. building a wheel is harder than figuring out that round things roll.. There probably was some retard who had an apple in his hand and dropped it, it rolled over the ground and he had the "genius" idea of the wheel. Try actually building one. thats hard

sorry but it just doesnt make sense. it says 5 (10 25 50 75 90) percentiles are marked. but there are only 3 markers.

can you explain that to me, genius?

10 and 90 are the ends m8

why didnt you tell me that before? So for the janitors/sextons, only 10% of the people had an higher iq of 111? is that correct?

What are GRE Scores ?

Then why that every time I ask someone why did they major in engineering they all answer with " it's easier than science and gets you money " ?
All engineering major want is money and the title of " engineer " because it's more respectable than " scientist "

>all the research funding is in the sciences
> just follow your bosses commands and do generic shit
lockheed martin, helion energy, and tri alpha energy employ engineers to do all the research and development for their fusion reactors. your autistic fantasies are not accurate