Im starving pls help

first time posting here

I'm living on my own this year and I need ideas for what to cook so its not 12 long months of nothing but rice and chicken

what can you guys recommend that is relatively low cost that tastes good?

Alternatively, how can i season the fuck out of some relatively inexpensive food so it doesnt taste bland? thanks lads

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s3337cj4sJQ
ciaochowbambina.com/fried-gnocchi-with-garlic-parmesan-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fill your spice rack, pantry, and freezer with staples. Buy what's cheap, and use technique instead of specific recipe to "throw together," what you have on-hand. It keeps it interesting as well as the cost down.

Y'know the most flavorful things tend to be throwaway scraps. Vegetable odds and ends, rendered fats, pan fond --all free byproducts, you just have to know how to use and store them.

>with staples
such as?

explain to me as if i were a child who doesnt know shit

Watch master chef it kind of helps you get the idea, i go to a local grocery store to buy steak i can get two flat irons for 3 dollars wit the right rub and a little cheap red wine you can make restraunt grade. Just buy cheap cuts of meat or whats on sell find a recipe and make it. Learn to sear, and get a nice seasoning rack and you can make anything taste good.

Nah, I don't feel like it. Someone else take over, I'm going to go drink.

thank you
take some shots for me m8

definitely making steak, just as a question, does anybody have any good ideas of thinks to do with ground beef?

I use this one for meatballs, put all that in a bowl mix it by hand roll the balls put them in your spaggatie sauce on lowest heat let it set 3 hours.

One more key thing to getting good flavor is to buy cast iron this is opinion of course but once you use cast iron skillets you wont go back.

i might in the future
would it be wrong to just forsake the spaghettic and eat the meatballs themselves

Oh yeah but its got to cook and slow cooking in sauce for 3 hours is key but by all means buy sandwhich bread and make a sub my gf loves my meatballs no pun intended.

>One more key thing to getting good flavor is to buy cast iron this is opinion of course but once you use cast iron skillets you wont go back.

so your starving then eat dirt .... now if you have the strength to raise your arms eat leaves voila survive

thanks user, anything else?

im not black familia
youtube.com/watch?v=s3337cj4sJQ

Heres a marinade i use mainly on sirlion because its tuff and cheap lol. You can save money and not add honey ive tried this and it taste just as good. The vinger helps to tenderize the steak.

Flatbread. Only flour, water and salt and if you learn how to burn it correctly, then it's very tasteful despite having no spice in it.
Try using beans, lentils and soy as a side dish for rice and chicken, thats what we do year round were I live.

>cheap season
The cheapest is maylard reaction. Learn to brown everything and don't forget to use the right amount of salt.

make my own bread?

OP if you want EZ mode do this:

>Get pork chops (If you're american I'm not so sure about how good your pork chops are so maybe you should ignore this whole guide
>Get oven chips
>get frozen bagged vegetable of your choice (I like runner beans)
>put pork under grill
>wait 10 mins
>flip pork
>put olive oil in pan
>put handful of oven chips in pan
>medium heat
>wait 5 mins
>put handful of frozen veggies in bowl
>add a little water
>put in microwave for 2-3 mins
>while that's happening
>your chips should be finished or close
>drain the oil out of your pan and salt your chips
>same for your pork chops
>throw some salt on them, turn off your grill
>throw everything on a plate

Relatively healthy, easy, delicious.

Have fun OP.

Will post pic in sec.

>if youre american

good thing i read that before running out to buy a bag of lays and threw them in the oven

If you are feeling really frisky ciaochowbambina.com/fried-gnocchi-with-garlic-parmesan-3/ try that recipe gnocchi is fairly cheap to make it depends more on prep and skill.

Woah I said frying pan

Lots of soups (chicken noodle, minestrone, etc), and curries make a lot of food.

Empanada recipes generally make a lot. I used 1.5lbs of meat to make about 14 servings just last night and it was delicious.

Things like casseroles, lasagne, etc. There are a lot of cheap foods that make a lot. Stay away from beef and seafood and there you go.

Having a cast iron pan literally does nothing for the taste, unless you do some hardcore searing that normal pans can't handle. It's a waste of money for someone who just moved out and could use actually useful kitchen supplies.

>what can you guys recommend that is relatively low cost that tastes good?
Well seasoned potato wedges for carbs, serve with anything cheap that has protein. The wedges really take no effort to make and are relatively healthy since you don't have to pack them full of salt for taste like french fries.

Potatoes go well with soups as well. Add any kind of sausage and the cheapest frozen soup vegetables you can find and you have food for days for next to nothing.

Pasta with chicken is also a classic. Add onions, garlic and any herbs you have on hand. Sour cream too, if you're feeling extra fancy.

For an easy brown sauce, saute an chopped onion and brown ground beef or sausage bits in a pan with a ton of butter, add a couple tablespoons of flour, brown it and then slowly add water while mixing until it's as thick as you want it. Season to taste. Cream sauces are great too, especially with chicken.

If you're feeling incredibly lazy or just can't afford anything good eat macaroni with ground beef and ketchup.

That's basically all the food I regularly make. Add salt and pepper in everything to taste, of course.

>such as?
Salt, pepper, parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, chives, rosemary, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, soy sauce, honey/sugar and vinegar will take you far for seasoning.

Potatoes, onions, carrots, garlic, pasta and rice don't really go old and can be used with anything so you should always have them at hand.

Flour for sauces and for baking, if you're into that kind of thing. Eggs and milk as well.

Of course you need some kind of a cooking oil, preferably something neutral that has a high smoke point like canola oil.

It does add flavor, but the biggest selling point is it last ive had my cast iron set for 5 years. Considering walmart sells cast iron for 15$ i dont see how thats not cost efficient seeing how you wont have to buy another one ever again. But buy a set like everyone else does when they move out im guilty of this. when you get tired of buying cheap non stick pans buy you a good cast iron skillet.

nice photo right guys

please reply

pls

where's the sauce?

so let's say you made some soup one day, but you didn't finish it all
You can then throw a bunch of curry powder and cornstarch or something into the soup, and then use the POWER OF STAPLES (rice in this case) to cheaply make curry, while reducing the amount of food you waste money on

Google one-pot pastas, OP.

Yes user, it's a pretty nice photo.

Don't ever forget hot sauce. Hot sauce on eggs, hot sauce on beans. Consider baking your own bread; I recommend Milk Bread from the Joy of Cooking. In fact get the fucking Joy of Cooking. Recipes are expensive but you can pare them down to the essentials and they'll still (mostly) work. Minced garlic in everything. Onion powder is the best all-around seasoning; you can put it on sandwiches, soups, and salads for extra flavor. Baked apples mang, they're good. Make some garlic bread. Steam some vegetables just until they turn bright bright green, then shock them in ice water.

Get herbs and spices.The more you have (variety, not quantity) the better but think before you add. Best sources are ethnic stores.

Another hack is soy sauce. It makes beans incredible. And I recommend Vegan Indian Cooking by Anupy Singla. It's spice heavy but if you find a cheap source of them, the spice blends alone are worth it. You may be able to find it at a local library.

Kidney beans, lima beans, pinto beans, flour tortillas. Salsa and guacamole. Make tacos with a fuck ton of taco seasoning- vegetarian if you can't afford the meat. Make some salads with onion powder, lemon juice, olive oil, grated tomato and salt.

If you can have gluten you have myriads of cheap options of delicious food. Banana bread, baguette, homemade pizza, etc. etc.

So how tight is money?

probably about $30 a week

OP here, it is a nice photo, thank you. sorry i couldnt post for a while because reasons