What the fuck

I went to Germany for a few months, studying there loving the food, people, etc.

Come back to America, buy some typical american white bread, take a bite. It's some sort of spongy, sweet garbage and Definitley Not bread. Where can I find real bread in the US?

Also fuck you Germany, I don't think I can ever eat normal bread again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=13Ah9ES2yTU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You make it.

Are you fucking serious? There's got to be at least some company that makes it.

This.

That or you got to move to a Hipster or Jewish district of a big city where they have bakeries that make real bread.

Making it yourself is easier and less annoying.

Lazy option: bread maker, but Veeky Forums will laugh at you (in between shitposting)

You're a literal fucking retard. Every grocery store has a variety of breads that aren't Bunny bread. Many made in their own bakery. Just fucking kill yourself for being so stupid.

Where are you where you can't find a decent bakery? I'm in flyover and can get good, crusty bread. Also, why can't you find some white bread that isn't sweet? Just look at the ingredients and find one that doesn't have hfcs, sugar, or honey. It isn't that hard to find, but it usually isn't advertised in any particular way.

No one is forcing you to buy white bread. Your local supermarket has its own bakery.

Hello Simon!

Even American supermarkets with their own bakeries don't make anything even close to the standards of German bread. If OP doesn't live near an ethnic or artisan bakery his onlu option if he wants bread that good is making it himself.

This. Supermarket "bakery" bread is made in a factory, too. It's portioned, often part-baked, frozen & shipped to the supermarket: all the "bakery" does is finish it off in their ovens, and put it on the shelf.

There's still the same preservatives, additives & mass production techniques. The dough might be better than Wonder Bread but it's still miles away from even a mediocre hand-made loaf.

you're a fucking loaf.

top kek

>Are you fucking serious?

It's the truth, user.

Sliced bread ruined bread in the US.

Before "TV dinners," it brought a quick and convenient way for housewives to feed their impatient whiney spawn and frustrated husbands.

>There's got to be at least some company that makes it.

No, you will have to find a dedicated bakery. You should be able to find one in a major city.

Supermarket bakeries only bake whatever pre-portioned, prepackaged materials they receive.

Oroweat mass-produces varieties of rye, but I don't know if rye is supposed to be that spongey.

>packaged bread
trash

Decent central european style bread, made in the morning by a baker, are even hard to come by in large german cities. Atm i mostly buy flatbread from a kurdish bakery doing exclusively that, and found one half decent real baker in my neighbourhoid after looking for a long time. Id advise you to start making your own bread op, dont fall for the sourdough mongol hipstermeme, making decent whitebread, biscuits,brioche etc is a walk in the park for anyone that doesnt shy away from half an hour of kitchentime. Also go looking in the ethnic parts of where you live, arabs,polish etc, they all make real bread

Is that a bread vending machine?

The German bread from vending machines is better than anything we can get n America. Who really lost the war?

same. the bread here makes me sad.

>tfw you return to the US and cant go up to a closed bakery and order a chocolate croissant and bear claw from the vending machine, still warm, 12:30 at night

>filename

Supermarket bakery bread isn't anywhere near as low quality as people ITT would have you believe. Some of the regional grocery stores that are a step up from Wal-Mart even have bread which rivals what you'll find in the local bakery.

it really depends on who works for them. some stores are hit and miss but others have decent bakers in their employ

Depends on your standards. If you're used to American supermarket bread you might deem some of it "good". Compare any of it to German bread and it loses out pretty hard. The Germans have much higher standards when it comes to bread.

>supermarket bakeries

I fucking miss aldi so much

yes

your only real options are either take up baking, or spend ridiculous amounts of money for "good" bread

Holy shit OP, Even I have a german bakery a block away in flyover Indiana.

lucky you, how's the pricing though?

Imagine me (German) coming to Veeky Forums for some memeful knifertainment and discovering a baking thread. A few years and many misshapen loaves later I can no longer enjoy bread made by a bakery - not even a German bakery. That stuff is stale by the time it hits the counter.

The thing is bread needs to be fresh. White breads go stale mere minutes out of the oven. Bread has to be made local and just in time, it doesn't travel well.

>bread maker
Won't work, I tried. No steam and not enough heat by far.

Have a slice of my sourdough rye and say that, I dare you!

This is the norm in Germany as well. No 15 years ago we had an actual bread oven on every corner. But they couldn't compete with ยข99 breadlike foam from the supermarket.

I like the pretzels.
It's not a vending machine, it's an automated reheating oven that serves 'fresh' bread in Aldi markets. You still pay at the register.

youtube.com/watch?v=13Ah9ES2yTU