Why the fuck do all Software engineering jobs require a CS degree not a fucking Software eng degree?

Why the fuck do all Software engineering jobs require a CS degree not a fucking Software eng degree?

Other urls found in this thread:

sce.uhcl.edu/helm/SWEBOK_IEEE/papers/10 reprint 5.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=2Op3QLzMgSY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just because a company calls it's code monkey jobs SE doesn't mean it's actually SE, you can't legally give an SE job to anyone without an accreditted SE degree.

You can actually sue the company posting the wrong title win the case:

sce.uhcl.edu/helm/SWEBOK_IEEE/papers/10 reprint 5.pdf

>Veeky Forums - Science & Math
>some faggot starts talking about CS and its homosexual derivatives
You must be lost, here, have a link back to your home:

CS is technically a science which involves math you inbred coon

CS has nothing to do with science or computers, you illiterate spergmaster.

youtube.com/watch?v=2Op3QLzMgSY

But it does involve math does it?

>chinese cartoon gif
Looks like you're the one who belongs in /g/

It involves more magic than math.

You know you are on a chinese children's cartoon website, right?

>claiming the website is about chinese cartoon on a mongolian throat singing website

>unable to recognize korean puppet theater

ack where you came from

Most (if not all) decent schools don't offer a software engineering major.

Im currently studying software dev and planning to go into software engineering in uni but every software job asks for cs

>Software """"""""""""""""engineering""""""""""""""""

It becomes very apparent that it's an engineering when you take data structures.

>tons of ways to solve a problem
>need to pick the best solution given constraints and requirements, weighing pros/cons of various designs

So how much are CS and SE actually apart from another? Im in Germany and we basicly have IT and Applied IT, If I understood it right IT is basicly CS and applied is SE.
Is CS so much better than SE? I love coding but I hated math in high school / did really bad, so im not sure I could actually do well in CS

>If I understood it right
You didn't.

Isn't computer science some programming with most of the focus on math and logic behind it?

I'm not sure what this image is about. Context?

>not a fucking Software eng degree?
My wife has a master's in SE and she's so computer illiterate she has trouble using Yahoo mail.

IT is programming, network infrastructure, web design etc. It's a plebshit degree for the Staceys and Kevins of the world.

CS (what it's actually supposed to be) is not just about "learning how to program with some math", it's about the theory behind computation and algorithms and broad variety of subfields.

SE (what it's actually supposed to be) is destinct from CS in its hardware interfacing and focus on physical systems; more concerned with embedded systems in product designs and/or industry applications, but this also includes typical engineering on general computers/workstations and so forth. SE majors take more intro/general science and engineering courses to understand the systems they are working with.

Of course CS generally ends up being used as code monkeys due to falling standards. In any case CS and SE are virtually unrelated.

Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about

Oh okey. I thought it was the same thing because the unis in Berlin all only have IT and nothing similiar to computer science.
I know CS is mainly about math/logic, but how much actually is it? I like the logic and math aspects when I programm, but I was pretty shit at math in high school

Wew lad, you fell for the meme. What do you actually know about CS?

Kek

Dafuq you talking about?

Entre level development positions don't even need a degree, most just ask any kind of experience.

I know because I am a software developer and I'm still a college student, and I'm not studying CS nor SE.

My interview went like this

>What you know?
>What you done?
>Know SQL?
>You start next monday.

If you want to work for good companys and earn good money they ask for a degree, usually the degree covers for experience

I doubt that, unless you are harvard tier, out of uni most people are getting top tier work. There are simply not enough 'good' jobs in software.

Really, the ratio is like 20:1 when it comes to code monkey jobs and interesting cutting edge engineering.

Im doing software dev right now and once im done i can go uni for SE but people say you need CS do do SE