University Cooking - Uhka edition

Be prepared for so low-quality ingredients.

Roughly diced some carrots, potatoes, and onion. I think I was heavy on the carrots

looks like it sucks already.

I bought a big bag of frozen fish fillets that were on sale. Only problem is that they had this really fishy smell so I tried soaking them in some soysauce to wash out the smell and dethaw them.

Yeah a bit, but it's what I can afford.

Melting some butter here

Frying up the onions, I know you don't have to but I like to caramelize them if only to add a bit of color.

Fried them up, deglazed with some cooking wine, and added the tubers

Add in some water and boil until they're soft and there is a bit of color.

turn down to a simmer and add the fish

>tfw went to local university so mummy cooks for me every day

And after a few minutes the fish was done. Pretty good on the whole, simple, cheap, filling. Great for a raining day like today.

any feedback is appreciated.

cheers!

That's nice.

dotdashdotdot dotdash dashdash dot

have you ever heard of spices

[spoiler]I'm 26 and my mom still cooks for me

Thiss

I added some salt, a bay leaf, and some rosemary. That's pretty much all I have right now in the way of spices.

Looks good OP. Have a pleasant year at your studies.

Very nice

I know its a know-go, but for you, it would have made wonder.

you're supposed to soak it in milk

How much did everything cost?

>tfw go to the local university but my father's too incompetent to do anything other than heating cans of shite
It'd be nice if someone cooked for me for a change

cook for yourself you fucking ungrateful parasite

Huh?

Just made tomato soup.

Chuck 3 cubes of beef bouillon into 2 l of water with pepper, dill and basil. Boil.

Meanwhile, dice one bigger onion and 2 cloves of garlic. Brown in a skillet, deglaze with soup. Add 500 g of pureed tomatoes in a box. Bring to a boil, then chuck it all into the soup pot. Boil for 20ish minutes more, serve with sour cream.

what the fuck are you doing?

>dethaw

That looks like a mire pwhy?

He's only a few seasonings away from a chowder

Granted, a fucked up chowder where either the carrots are too hard or the potatoes are too soft and the skin is still in the fish