Why does candy corn even exist? Both its texture and taste is fucking awful. Same with those candy pumpkins

Why does candy corn even exist? Both its texture and taste is fucking awful. Same with those candy pumpkins

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/candy-corn-recipe2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>same with 99% of all candy in existence

FTFY

To upset you enough to start a thread about it on a Vietnamese gutter oil discussion forum

Fuck you, Candy Corn is the tits. I would fight you irl defending it.

Candy Corn is objectively GOAT candy and if you disagree not only are you wrong and lying to yourself, you're also a complete faggot. Anyone who doesn't like candy corn automatically likes the taste of cock. I will STOVE YOUR FUCKING HEAD IN THEY'RE DELICIOUS

I love the taste so god damn much, but I can only eat a few of them.

Fucking kill yourselves.

This. They taste good but after you eat more than a few, it gets overpowering.

What does it taste like? We don't have this stuff where I live.

sugar, corn syrup, salt, honey, artificial flavoring

Hard to explain but mostly sugar.

I love candy corn. Gives me a bit of nostalgia.

it exists so you can bite the parts off in nice neat order. (white, orange, yellow) or (green, orange)

>not biting it off white, yellow, orange
Casuals

I've always liked them actually.

Extremely sweet, slight bitterness from the food coloring, faint honey undertones

Sweet, chewy, honey. That's about it.

>Why does candy corn even exist? Both its texture and taste is fucking awful. Same with those candy pumpkins
They used to be made with real honey and maple, and chocolate, and were far better.

I think Brach's makes a "real honey" edition, but it's not what it used to be from my childhood, probably due to honey prices. The type of candy is nougat, kind of a hardened salt water taffy kind of thing, and I think it's called mellowcream/mellowcreme. There's a few easter candies similar.

When I reminisce, I tend to just seek out maple sugar candy instead. I make a brown sugar-pecan penoche candy every other year to fulfill that childhood memory.

The texture and flavor is actually enjoyable, I just eat too many and end up feeling sick. Moderation is key.

This is really interesting. Is there anything else you know about the slow bastardization of ubiquitous candies? Is there a resource of old recipes?

I dunno. I did a quick google, keywords homemade and gourmet and didn't find any "original recipe" purveyors out there. I do think for a while Brachs had all corn syrup product, but when back to "real honey" on the label as a way to bring some sales back, possibly. So, it's better now than a decade ago, but still not what I remember. Alton has a recipe with ....no honey..but it does give a hint to milk powder, vanilla and the other flavors that makes it so unique.
foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/candy-corn-recipe2.html

I fucking love candy corn

Honestly, Alton Brown's recipe is the closest you're gonna get in this day and age.

the real selling point is the texture. they're chewy, but they fall apart in your mouth as soon as you bite them. they're kind of like those soft mint candies that your teacher passed out for standardized testing