Daytrading weekly update

Hey anons, a week ago I made a thread about how I started daytrading and the progress I made.
So it's been 2 weeks since my initial experimenting on this wallet.
Started with 2 ETH.
Last friday I've reached 3.517ETH.
This week has been a rough one anons, I'm not gonna lie. First trade sent me back to 3.1ETH, and I had to struggle my way up from there.
Lots of bad trades, lots of mistakes, needed to work on my patience pretty badly, since once you get impatient you need to take a break and not daytrade.
All in all, still in an okayish profit.
Peaked at 4.2ETH, but rn I'm sitting on 4.1ETH.

And remember, I'm a 21 year old high school drop out, so if I can do it, you can do it too.

Feel free to ask me anything

Other urls found in this thread:

etherscan.io/address/0x00bf4a3cb65590031f0d9c9e6b93037777ae6759#tokentxns
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you margin trading? Because that's a fucking good profit over that time if not. Please, give us some tips. I try to buy when things drop but I'm lucky if I make 5% by doing that and there's only a couple of times a week it seems to work, at best.

nice blog subscribed

Any tips, what coins do you daytrade

Cigarettes arent worth your long term health, except maybe for a quick lay. What indicator confluences

20yo guy here, why dont you make a blog\discord so we all can follow you?

I'm trying to get into daytrading as well, mainly focusing on getting my buy in at oversold stochastic RSI and Money Flow while considering MACD and bollinger bands. Still, after I buy in the price usually drops ~0.5-1% more and then I panic and sell it for break even/slight loss. Should I buy in even lower generally (or wait a couple of minutes after it has hit oversold) or just put a sell order in and leave for some hours? How do you decide whent o enter/exit?

quick lay?

I daytrade a lot of coins, and it changes daily based on volume and volatility.

The ones I daytraded a lot this week included DGD, GVT, BCPT, Nebl, BLZ, and NANO.

Chicks who smoke in bars and clubs usually fuck pretty easy. If she smokes, she pokes. Go outside for one with the bitch, it's more quiet so can you can try and pull her.

I've noticed DGD goes up wildly when BTC coins down. next time it crashes I'm going to move my money straight there instead of tethering.

It's too much at the moment, but once it's down around the high 200's to low 300's (in dollar) and btc crashes a bit that is

Since I'm always on the I know the general price range of the coins I trade, so I check where they are in comparison to the range I give it, check the 5M and 30M graphs to give myself a better understanding of the movement today, and look at the order book.
I try to stick on the whaled side, unless I truly believe the graph is gonna flip soon.

Always on the market*

e.g. I bought OMG yesterday at ~19.2 when it was oversold on 15 and 30min, left a sell order for 19.45 overnight and got fucked
how do I avoid this? just always stop loss?

actually not a bad idea
thanks user

Isn't just daytrading BTC the easiest?

Well I kind of made a blog to track everything and make a timeline, and I can make a disccord channel. I just don't want to mislead people yet giving them false hopes. I'm making sure I can do it long term before I publish it publicly.

It's a good idea until you find yourself going out a lot and develop a nicotine habit you can't get rid of. If you're a non-smoker just buy the lightest brand, non-menthol so you don't look like a fag. otherwise you'll be coughing all the place while you try and tune that pussaaaay

have you noticed that DGD goes crazy when BTC drops, probably due to the fact that it's (a load of crap) backed by gold therefore many think it's somehow more secure? Anyone else noticed?

Well, overnight sales are always a risk. They worked for me a lot last week, not so much this week. I would normally suggest staying pure ETH before you sleep. And well, sometimes it's best to hodl for a few hours. I'm not a 10-20 minutes trader. I can hodl for an entire day.

Yeah I've noticed dgd is always green when everything else is red.
I don't know why that is really. I don't see it sustaining the current price though.
Since it's backed by gold it has a cap of how much it can be worth, and the current growth is too steep in my opinion. (Not to mention at the 0.7 ETH point there's a 7k ETH wall haha).

I wouldn't know, I stay away from BTC.

I'm not margin trading.
Just study the prices, check for coins that are about to break bear patterns / at the start of a bull pattern. And do not panic too fast.
Also always look for whales on lower volume coins. They make some nice pump and dumps.

I'm thinking about moving in and out of Tether but maybe it's better to just accumulate BTC/ETH day trading high volume coins.

daytrading is a meme op. trade weekly or biweekly, but not fulltime with tiny margins. makes no sense.

also buy dta, lto and sumo. put even just .3 into each and you'll have 30eth by the end of the year.

Considering a lot of pumps don't last longer than an hour, I would disagree. but if it works for you, kudos to you user.

Maybe a noob question but, how do you interpret the order books? Things like but walls, sell walls, etc...

Am I gonna make it, ETHbro?

Accumulating ETH > accumulating tether in the long run.
I'm a ETH fanboy.

Yeah I think you're right. I'll wait for the next 4h dip and swap my Tether for ETH

Well I use binance, so that's the order book I can refer to.
Basically it shows you the price per coin people offer, how much of that coin, and how much it sums up to in ETH. (left to right)
For example in the first DGD moon from 0.25 to 0.3, it had about 500ETH volume.
I checked the order book and I saw a guy all of a sudden put a 100ETH buy order.
In a low volume coin like that, an order like that indicates that a whale has finished accumulating, or is still in progress, and about to push up the price. If enough people see that, a big moon mission will start

Thanks user.

How do you know it's not bot trading and fake outs? Also, when do you decide to sell? Are you following any TA indicators?

Also, how did you do during the bear run in between December - February?

I use BOLL lines.
And sometimes it is fake outs like you say. but most of the time it wasn't.
I decide to sell based on resistance.
After a certain amount of volume increase it starts dumping and going sideways.
Hey, I have sold at 5-6% profits when it mooned 20%, and I have sat through moons cause I was greedy and missed out.
I'm still working on my timing in that regard.

I joined binance on the beginning of Jan 2018.
Was bad timing to enter, since everything was inflated and I was at a loss.
that's why I decided to daytrade, to make up for the losses at first.
I was completely clueless at the time so I lost more than I made back then.

Also, if you wanna check out a moon mission, monitor nebl right now.
It has a chance to moon.

user, this is becoming a good thread. May you continue being prosperous, for today, you were not a fag.

Namaste

Thread killer. I'm saving this from page 10. Don't be a fag

seen this guy in another thread
etherscan.io/address/0x00bf4a3cb65590031f0d9c9e6b93037777ae6759#tokentxns
who mentioned DTA. anything on this?

Pretty much buy coins when they start going up and sell at a high price. Then buy another coin and do it over and over again until you 10x your stack.

No idea.that's the basic idea behind it, yeah.
Just gotta stick to what you see is working, and patience is key here. It's mostly a mental thing from what I've experienced.

U wot?
pumps can last hours and a day or two, and usually do
where the fuck do you trade

kek, all you had to do was to fomo in nano last week
good shit though

My first crypto buy was during late december, although I had been lurking biz on and off since August, feels fucking horrible that I didn't sign up to any exchanges prior to December, really horrible. I could've made so much money had I just taken that step

I agree. Patience is a must and you can't panic after you buy a coin and it goes down. Good points about the volume and Nano is the only thing bringing my $ up.

This is why you should set multiple sell orders divided into 4, 3 or 2, whatever you like. start lower then work them up

give a brief example of your sample in trades for brainlets

how do you mean?
anyways was talking about sell orders beause user either takes profit too early or late (which i've done a lot too)
so the solution is never market buy, always set limit buys and sells, preferably with stop loss.
the sell orders i mentioned was not to sell your stack at once but rather to set multiple sell orders at maybe half your stack or a 3rd/4th
so say you buy at 1600 then maybe you could set 3 sell orders, 1 for 1680, 1720, and 1850 (just examples) but you get the jist

Yeah, that's a good advice.
I used to do that, but I got greedy heh.
it's definitely the best things to do in the long term.
Consistent wins would be better than big wins here and there.