What's the best gin and tonic water for a gin and tonic?

What's the best gin and tonic water for a gin and tonic?

Bombay Sapphire

Gordon's will pass at that dilution.

New Amsterdam and schweppes

Anything you folks add to it? Bartender told me I would like it with a splash of sprite, and it was decent. Wanted to make em at home.

Slice of lime

Tanqueray, Nolets if you're feeling fancy. Hendricks, Gompers if you're looking for something more herbal or fruity (pear) respectively.
Fever tree tonic is great, they also make elderflower tonic that can be fun in a g&t.

this please too

Tanqueray, whatever tonic is on the gun, two lime wedges

I've been drinking Gin for quite some time now, and this is what I have come up with.

Bombay Sapphire : is extremely balanced, it has the perfect amount of Juniper taste as well as other nice nuances. Tanqueray : is very "perfumed" I feel like this is for the person that really likes to taste their gin. I always feel like no matter how much Tanqueray I drink I can taste it. Nolet is fantastic as well, but not too potent, it also reminds me of Hendricks, which to me isn't very strong in flavor. Hendricks is an extremely nice beginners Gin, I also like New Amsterdam as well.

But at the end of the day, as a guy who drinks half a fifth of Gin a day, I am solid on Bombay Sapphire.

Any of you tried Adnam's gin? For a company that came up making beer, it's actually really good.

>drink half a fifth of Gin a day

You know you're an alcoholic, right?

It depends on taste, affordability and so on.

Personally, I go for Aldi's Cromwell Gin which, quite frankly, tastes very good and for the price can't be beat at that range. I like to vary with the tonics and I like to add cucumber to my gin and tonic as lemon just makes it taste too sweet for me.

any club soda will do

Gin: Hendricks
Tonic water: No clue, never been able to tell different brands appart.

is there a standard gin recipe with a cucumber slice? i asked for a g&t at a random bar and they put a slice of cucumber that was so refreshing for summer, but i don't think many other bars will have them? maybe ill just ask for hendricks gin?

Any one know of any drinks that can be made with with stuff beyond the standard gin stuff?

NA is the best gin for its price by far

why the fuck is that brown. I want some

...You could just ask for a cucumber slice.

bombay sapphire or gordon's. they're both pretty upfront with their flavor profile, but balanced enough to not taste like bathtub rot. they can withstand dilution with tonic water, no problem.

i used to use NA for mixing with OJ, but let's be real—the stuff is basically aftershave. the cheaper bourbons (jim beam, evan williams) are far superior to cheap gin or anything else (except vodka, but who likes that shit anyways).

are you asking for cocktails besides the martini?

it's barrel-rested, so it takes on the coloring of the wood. compare to pic related, which is my favorite gin producer at the moment.

>Barrel rested
Its on the label ya dingus

Why else would I be drinking gin on the rocks my friend?

If you're doing a G&T it doesn't matter as much, my personal favorite gin is Tanq Rangpur. Q tonic water is tasty as hell but not sweet at all if that's what you like.

Worth checking out, Trader Joe's "Rear Admiral Joseph's London Dry Gin" is pretty damn nice for cheap.

I'm fine with just Seagram's and store-brand 79 cent tonic, though. My preferred drink for getting skullfaced. Store brand tonics usually have less sugar and taste less syrupy than your Schweppes, your Canada Dry, etc. Haven't tried much high-end tonics like fever tree or Q.

Always lime, never lemon.

Hendricks gin with fentimans tonic.

>Store brand tonics usually have less sugar and taste less syrupy than your Schweppes, your Canada Dry, etc. Haven't tried much high-end tonics like fever tree or Q.
Interesting. Gotta try that. Because Schweppes is just disgusting, so I resort to the mentioned fever tree. But those are fuckin expensive.

Fun story:
>friend of mine hates G&T
>urged her to try one of mine
>Hipster artisan gin from a small distillery in the remotest part of the black forrest + fever tree
>`Oh user, that is actually quite tasty! Are you sure this is G+T?`