/smg/- Stock Market General

Bite the pillow edition.

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Other urls found in this thread:

interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=4969
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Please tell me about interactive brokers. I am under 25 and wanna invest.

It's the best if you wanna do serious investing

Please provide evidence that the minimum is $3k if you are under 25.

2000 point crash coming today lads. remember this post

great image OP

interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=4969

nah

Hello everyone

Brazillian market just opened and it's fuckin red. And i fucking bought 20K worth of shares yesterday

Are you a burger? How did you buy Brazilian stocks?

How are the trade tariffs working out for you ?

HUEHUEHUEHUAHUAHUEHUAHUE

In all seriousness, Brazil should do fine because USD is tanking, Brazilian exports should be very competitive. Buy more

should I choose ib or degiro as a euro?

Nope, I'm monkey.
I just use my bank's normal cash account.

I pay R$ 20 if the transaction is bellow 100k plus a small percentage based on the volume traded on that stock on that day (in my case R$ 6,00 for a 20k transaction)

Trump dun goofed this time.

Yes

Nah
He is right doing with his policy

He shouldn't care about the stock market which is ruled by jews and crooks anyway

>Praises the success in stock market as his own personal achievement
>Ruins it all in 5 minutes

You must know the stock market is retardedly short-term oriented

I would say the US economy is strong and will continue to deliver in the years to come and that China will have to keep the shit they copied to themselves

Morning!

I didn't lose much after yesterday's power hour rally, hoping for either up or down, can't handle another sideways day.

>You must know the stock market is retardedly short-term oriented

morning bois, how we lookin today? still bleeding out the asshole?

Cheers to you Eternal Bear! That stupid Panda pick is green as fuck and I feel like a patriot doing my part for the American capitalists.

N-no...

I will open an Interactive Brokers account when I have spare $3k.

Buy the cron dip

There is gonna have to be a dip first.

holy shit watching CNBC this morning is hilarious. everyone is kvetching about all kinds of bullshit they know nothing about.

did anyone see that one steel guy that got interviewed? he came right out and said "listen, larry dont know shit about steel, thats what i do" on live fucking tv. fucking hilarious.

i dont know about you guys, but judging on the spin im seeing from the media, i am expecting a giant algo selloff. they will try to politicize this saying "drumphf broke the economy and hes a bully, but what about canada etc..."

frankly, i am fucking stoked about this. this is one of the main reasons i wanted to see him get in. having grown up in the rustbelt, i know firsthand the effect of NAFTA on US industry. SHORT THE CHINKS, TRADEWAR NAO.

Largest steel producers are not affected as they already produce in the USA. Aluminum is irrelevant.

how do you think this will effect corporations that do all their manufacturing in china? like AAPL products are all made of shitty chinese aluminum alloy, right? can we please short AAPL? i fucking hate those cunts

fuck off
we're /green day/ today

I watch Mornings with Maria on the Fox business network.

CNBC is full of complete retards

judging by futures DOW is gonna open down like 300. so if its a green day, it certainly wont start that way

Currently watching it, can confirm. Cramer is a fucking nut.

Buy $INTV

obviously its opening down

I live close to the iron range in Minnesota and I'm so fucking stoked

We got good hands willing to work mining iron and it's FUCKING HAPPENING

Greenday are a bunch of leftist commies, you posting them insures our continued red candles.

Morning all. I logged into Robinhood web and it’s exactly like RH mobile as far as charting goes. Nothing new or extra. The only thing they added for web access was a trending stock list showing what people are buying. I’m really disappointed overall.

Their cost isn't likely to be affected since it is still way cheaper to produce in china since you pay workers with peanuts.

Steel isn't highly used on cutting edge electronics. I'm shorting construction and other heavy industries as well as USA exporters who will be affected by sanctions from Europe

I didn't expect much but at least I can use my computer when I'm at home instead of just my phone, oh well.

>trade wars are good and easy to win
Hello darkness my old friend.

OH GOD OH OH AAAAAAAAA

Just to be clear, in case of AAPL, the aluminum case costs cents to make. The screen, gold wiring and cameras on the other hand...

What the fuck good is pre market when it instantly reverses as soon as the market opens.

Am I still good to go in on YANG? I dont wanna get memed by the chinks

Oof the markets do not like tarrifs.

>tfw desperately throwing the last of my cash into the dip

pre market doesn't mean that much anymore

I’m hoping this is just beta and they’ll add more, but yea the only reason for it is so you don’t have to mobile post.

As you should

imo you buy when we break the previous lows, say 2499 or so on the /es

oh yeah
he was actually saying some good things for once. saying weve always been in a trade war, but just are pretending that we arent
fuck yeah. the unfathomable amount of poverty that happened in the rustbelt. literally gutted everything and everyones livelihood overnight. fuck the globalists. never actually been to minnesota, but i can imagine it was a similar situation there
that makes sense. my short boner is just getting all kinds of ideas right now.

>haven't looked much since the flash crash a few weeks ago
>look today
>down 3% and sinking
Fuck this fucking shit. My luck as soon as I sell it would go up, can't even mitigate losses here. No spare money to buy the dips and average down either. Fuck this gay earth. I'll just be a hodl nigger I guess.

Would somebody help a brainlet out. Im trying to understand how the taxes work for short term.
On a very basic level:
Cost basis is what how much I actually bought, including reinvestment. Basically every time I bought a stock added together.
Proceeds are everytime I sold stock added together.
Proceeds - cost basis = realized gains
Realized gains are then taxed ~40%
I can also deduct up $3000 in losses from my gains.

Is this correct. I know I left out wash sales. I’m still learning that.

no mommy no pls no

God damnit, today is going to be a blood bath.

Oh yeah it is, we got ghost towns everywhere and things are just kinda grinding away while the EPA and Twin Cities are raking in the dough off our backs. We tried mining the other metals but there's so much red tape it's impossible to get these people jobs. The mines meet all requirements but they just outright refuse to renew or issue permits and the deep city folks are protesting any and all progress. It's a mess here but hopefully with more demand hands will be forced to give these people their jobs and lives back.

we're going to retest last month's lows and then break through them. can't wait :D

20 minutes in and I'm down over 5%. WTF is going on?

AND I'M FREEEEEEE!!!!

It's friday and people are cowards.

trump is fuckimg me right in the ass

i am short vol

fuck ive had to move 30000 just to avoid getting margin called

fucking trump why fucking white people goddammit

Look who’s teally fucking up the markets...

So What’d you sell user?

hopefully you get margined clown short vol is dead

idk about you retards but I picked up some cheap Google

So is American steel companies going up? (Aksteel especially)

> Engineerfag
>Meet with academic advisor yesterday for class registration
> Notice my metallurgy professor in his office
> He's telling students he had an appointment to see that he will email them later and reschedule
>He regularly does doctoral research in steel production
>He's watching some online news thing very attentively
> Get home and see that Trump is thinking about tarrifs
Well that explains that...

>cheap google
>$1,000 a share
user, I...

be worse on monday as the markets have priced 0 risk from Italy

>Holy Bible
Based

Oh my god I never would have thought of that. What an investment god you are. enjoy your 2 shares of google.

upset sweetie?

>mrns

this is the end time to an hero

>brkb under 200

fucking bought

>Down 36% this month
user, just...

Almost forgot.

Why aren't they rallying? Did the Chinese do this?

you only have yourself to blame. why would you take that risk? you do realize that these tariffs triggered a global selloff, right? and volatility is back in a big way. short vix was no doubt a good trade while it was going, but its time to move on. its too risky right now to ever bet on vol going down overnight while all this crazy geopolitics is going on

>i am short vol
whW the absolute fuck would you do something so retarded. You do know that when vol appears out of fucking nowhere and kills everybody, then apparently ''''''''''''goes away''''''''''''''' it's likely to come back

I knew we shouldve nuked the chinese along with the japs, theyre fucking us in the ass with their micro dicks

now do it again pls

>GE is the most positive stock in my portfolio
What kind of hellish upside down world is this.

JUST

Sup /submachinegun/, buy reversalfag here. Today's stocks are:
OESX
PIRS
CHMA
SNSS

It was actually really difficult finding stocks to match the model because all prices went to shit yesterday. Not sure how I'll do today

>my only green stock is big five
I guess some memes are worth falling for

Godspeed

>he didnt buy the last dip
>he wont buying this dip

APOLOGIZE TO BIG 5 user

>he thinks this is the bottom

I'll drink to that

Wow, that's a really old bud light label.

>this is the bottom

don't get paid till next thursday but that'll probably be a better buy point anyway

Its impossible to predict a bottom, you just buy pussy

>soon to be new AtL
>b-buy high, sell low
Memes aside, I am looking for good buys

Jesus, foot locker is in the complete shitter, might pick some up cheap.

>selling
>ever