But, why?

Why do you do what you do Veeky Forums?

What is it about what you study/research that gets you up in the morning; that drives you every day to learn more about it? What about your field fascinates you to that point?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NB8vk8Zrwak
news.sky.com/story/1694324/antibiotic-resistance-becoming-global-crisis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't. I used to be smart, top of my ochem class, 4.0 gpa but then almost overnight i lost all motivation, my gpa has tanked and i spend every day just browsing Veeky Forums and sleeping

There had to be something about chemistry that made you obsessed.

When I'm doing a math problem I feel like I'm in a meditative state. I forget everything else, it's wonderful.

I get the same feeling sometimes when I write essays.

Pretty much this.
I just dont care anymore.

I get that feeling when on adderal.

I love it when you solve for some variable in a physics or math problem and you get this ridiculous equation that equates all sorts of nonsense to the variable you're looking for and it just works.

I wasn't obsessed, my success for the first 20 years of my life was a combination of discipline, talent, and a little luck. I'm actually probably more passionate now but that doesn't mean shit because I lack the proper discipline and seem to get distracted by the smallest things these days.p

Because one day nuclear will save the world. And I want to be there, standing like a hero with my peers

>gets you up in the morning
alarm clock
>drives you every day
car
>to learn more
muh brane

Knowing that what I'm working on is something new, something unknown. And the feeling of accomplishment you get from achieving what you set out to do, it's the motivation. That, and there's something about the atmosphere in a lab that's almost meditative

My life's philosophy:

youtube.com/watch?v=NB8vk8Zrwak

Idk. It's just interesting. I don't have some wanky Sagan bullshit for you. There's shit I don't know and I want to know it. Part of it might just be momentum. Started physics undergrad 10 years ago, wasn't tired of learning cool things, so I worked in a lab. Enjoyed it, so PhD was an obvious extension. I like it, so why not keep doing it? What else would I be doing for a living if not physics?

To have interesting things to say at dinner parties.

Maybe your grandchildren

I've heard ITER's going strong with those 10 years delays

Having nothing better to do.

Say something interesting.

It is always pleasant to have exact solutions in simple form at your disposal.

I am what you people used to call a generalist. Have a reasonable amount of info across a range of subjects. It means I am curious I guess. It also means I have the solution to climate change, pollution, overpopulation and the answer to the Fermi paradox.

news.sky.com/story/1694324/antibiotic-resistance-becoming-global-crisis

Here it is. This is the only thing that has scared me as much as the cuban missile crisis.

I am so scared for my kids now. It really is survival of the fittest.

not the user you're looking for but speculating over the singularity has become my only topic of conversation and it happens to be pretty debilitating

I just like to confuse normies with all the symbols to be h