Water bathed some beef last night

Water bathed some beef last night.

57°C for 5 hours, then seared in a cast iron pan.

What are your opinions /ck?

Overcooked.

Undercooked.

Perfect.

Can you repeat the question?

Bout three fiddy.

looks nice. gj.

>
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOOOOW

Perfect.

would like a better pic of sear pls

Looks pretty good.

The sear could've been better if I'm honest. It's my first try though so I wasn't expecting me to be brilliant.

looks like you just took a chunk out of a cow and put it on the table

Eww. So much blood. Better cook it some more.

Seems overly moist, your water was probably too wet.

Should I use this next time?

Perfect!

Looks bretty good to me.
What cut of beef is that?

Sure, there's always room for improvement, but it's not like yours looks underseared or pale. Your effort looks pretty good, fampai

Huh, not too different from my panty stains today.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

underrated

Fuck, one of my servers pulled this on me the other day while I was washing a bloody cutting board. That shit cracked me up so fucking hard.

57? Putting it out to sunbath would have cooked it more

Can someone explain this mem to me? I am very confused whenever I see this

I recently got it explained to me as well.

Basically, some trap was posting on Veeky Forums and someone fell for it and was hoping they lived in London so they could meet a fuck.

Supposedly the trap was rather disgusting looking and it was hard to believe someone actually fell for it.

That looks good, what cut is that?

Also what do you use to keep a constant 57 degrees?

Fucking great job man, may I ask what kind of immersion circulator you use? Also, what cut is it?

holy fucking hivemind, didn't see your post

I think we both just want to make the same thing as in the picture

> absolute minimal gray area from the outside and in
> all perfect red

you dun good OP

PLS TELL US OP

OK, first of all, I'm from the UK where we use Celsius because it makes sence. If your're American then consider that temp to be nearly 135.

Really sorry guys, I went to work and then forgot about this post until just now.

So the cut of beef was just a Topside joint (not sure if there's another word for that in the U.S) and I used the Anova Precision Cooker system. The pic shows the whole set up.

I cooked it at 57 degrees because the one place I worked at sold the most amazing roast beef on sundays and the chefs told me that was the internal temperature they aimed towards.

I don't have a vacuum sealer, but the water displacement method worked just fine

All in all, I was incredibly impressed with the outcome and I will highly recommend the Anova to those who are thinking about doing home Sous Vide.