what's the deal with crayfish?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I0D1duynFR4
youtube.com/watch?v=8Yvoi3bdQzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wtf those are bugs wtf

>crayfish

they're called crawfish buddy

over the weekend I noticed a farmer draining his field, asked if I could grab some crawdads and he says "go ahead get as many as you want" drove home and grabbed some coolers. (pic related) going to purge them and have a little party this week.

absolutely disgusting

those are bugs man

they're called crawdads buddy

I fucking love mud bugs.

theyre called ditchroaches m8

They're called tidepoolers and they're harmless

Why do they taste like ass?

Someone has been fucking with your food.

cause they eat ass

I wouldn't eat them if you're in an area with a lot of chicken farms. Chicken feed sometimes contains arsenic and those bottom feeders are probably good reservoirs for picking it up. I know in some areas of the south rice paddies are fertilized with chicken shit and this contributes to higher than normal levels of arsenic in some American grown rice.

Anyone here ever had one of these delicious suckers?

It's fuckinh delicious but here in the Netherlands it's simply easier to buy life north sea lobster which is superior and cheaper here. But when I visit it the southern parts of the states I will always order a nice portion of those little buggers.

youtube.com/watch?v=I0D1duynFR4

>north sea lobster
Lucky bastard.

crawfish dont hold toxins like fish or filter feeders. they have a minuscule digestive tract and no liver to hold them.

I did not know that. Thanks.

>toxins
dont listen to this idiot, crayfish have the highest concentration of heavy metals compared to any fish

I'll ignore your advice until you use the correct term for the creature

They're inexpensive and delicious. I can boil them in a giant garbage can outside like New Orleansers do and pee in it and enjoy a delicious meal.

Kidding, but you can buy HUUUGE bags of the stuff for cheap. You could boil so much. Give your kid a giant bowl of the stuff and they can have fun eating it if they have taste buds.

It's basically a tiny lobster.
That you boil is so much Creole seasoning that many will suck the heads of them for Creole flavor without a second thought.

no stores around me sell crawfish and if i want to order them in they are 18$ a pound

I'm lucky enough to live in southwest Texas, where it is affordable and available.
Almost makes up for the goddamn heat and humidity.

I can go to any local stream and just hand catch some for a quick meal.

Well I AM A CRAWFISH!
I AM ABLE TO MOVE IN AND OUT OF THIS LOUISIANA LIBRARY WITH THE GREATEST OF EASE, AND CAN CANNIBALIZE MY OWN CLAWS AND TAIL WHENEVER I WANT.

uhhh, where you getting crawfish super cheap, especially this time of year?

This time of year it'll come frozen and in your grocery store. Not exactly best quality, but I like it.

But I really was referring to when it was fresh and plentiful. And I was living in New Orleans.

is that Sithu Aye?

>crayfish
mfw

literally no one calls it that and even google can prove it

Yes, they are excellent

No that's a crab.

How the fuck do you even eat these things?

The last time I had them there was also crab and lobster and they outshone both of those on the day.

ya gotta suck the juice outta their heads m8

snap of the tail, pinch between index and thumb to extract the tail meat and suck the head for the fats and seasoned broth. take a drink of cold beer, nibble on some corn on the cob, snack on some sausages, drink some more beer, eat a few more crawdads. they are also great with a glass of chilled gewurztraminer.

rinse and repeat

I have always wanted to go to one of these, to bad I live in the north.

Because you suck at cooking

My family does them for every event when they're in season.
If you've never been to one, I can imagine that they might be a little weird, but it's something most people on the gulf grew up with.

You'll have a table covered with a cloth or sometimes newspaper, then they just dump everything on it: the crawfish, corn, sausage, potatoes, some people put in mushrooms, and then everybody just fills their plate from the table.
Walk around, talk to some people, and drink a few beers.

crawfish, yank.

anyone ever had cajun seasoning on these motherfuckers? So damn good

>I have always wanted to go to one of these, to bad I live in the north.
Dude, many family farms ship cryopack and shipped fresh crawfish and alive(!) when they're in season!!! Just google a few and compare.

>anyone ever had cajun seasoning on these motherfuckers? So damn good
I like the liquid crawfish boil from Zatarains.

Favorite side to a crawfish boil is a big stuffed globe artichoke.

Never @ me or my sons ever again

I mean, what's the deal with crayfish? They're not fish, and they are generally of sound mind. Who in the world is in charge of naming these things?

go shill your kosher shit somewhere else, kike

Crawfish boil

You dont eat the claws?

even lobster and crab are difficult and messy to eat while not yielding much meat, I can't imagine trying to get anything meaningful from a crawfish

can you just eat them whole?

Of course it's not filling, but you eat like 20+ in a sitting while also eating corn, potatoes, shrimp etc boiled with it.

My Dad's mate works on prawn trawlers and usually hooks me up with a few kg of 'em and a few squid or octopus whenever he's out. Pretty great.

>crayfish?
They're delicious, stop appropriating our culture.

Ladies and gentlemen please allow me to introduce to you the Tasmanian crawfish. (pic related) the alpha crawdad.

yeah, i eat the claws but theyre kinda work to get meat out of, so i usually pop them off and make a pile of them and stick them in a dish to eat after the feast.

People in Texas call them that, people in Louisiana who actually make the stuff call them crawfish.

>eating bugs

I thought you couldn't eat the larger ones
or at least they taste shittier

They're fuckin so damn good.

its crawfish, and fucking kill yourself for calling it anything else.

Cook it in a big pot over propane and have a wooden paddle. Any other questions? Also: Crawfish, Potatoes, Corn, onion and sausage are good adds.

uptown reporting in, anywhere else is just poverty-mode

living in looziana, can confirm. we lynch those who call them crayfish

oh shit whats the guy's site who make these

havent read em in a while and they always get me giggling

Crayfish>Crawfish>Crawdads

There's a hell of a lot of Vietnamese crawfish restaurants lately. I guess because them and the Southerners are both sea-loving people

they seem more annoying to gut than they are to eat

But that's an écrevisse user

liartownusa

They're called Gentlemen Red Prawns in Britain.

aren't thought those where a threatened species...

youtube.com/watch?v=8Yvoi3bdQzA

That thar is proper

>ignoring sound advice just because they used a different regional name

Too late, the mercury has already gotten to you.