/sqt/

New SQT. Trig retard edition.

I don't understand the latter part of this example.
"The angle theta that s obtained is the angle -pi/2

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differentiation_under_the_integral_sign
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What happens if you jerk off a hermaphrodite while eating the pussy and they both cum?

It wants the angle between 0 and 2pi. A negative angle just starts in the fourth quadrant as opposed to the first, so you can just subtract it from 2*pi. Not sure why that's confusing for you.

oh, so it's just because any negative solution wouldn't work then?

I guess I was looking at -1.11 as more of an absolute value

Yes -1.11 is not between 0 and 2pi

As is shown on their graph, it is equal to 2pi-1.11

it's always stupid shit like this that gets me when I'm stressed and cramming, thanks low resolution nig

Anyone know how to get this one? I'm finding what I believe is Y12 but it's not in that form

I'm getting simply (2*s+2)/(2*s+5)

it's always stupid shit like this that gets me when I'm stressed and cramming, thanks low resolution nig

You have two components storing energy.
Therefore the denominator must have a quadratic term.

Well Y12 refers to I1(s)/V2(s) given V1(s) = 0 (i.e. there's a short)

Therefore the current I1(s) should just be -V2(s)/(impedance of the branch containing the 1 ohm resistor and then the parallel resistor and capacitor), correct? divide by V2(s) and you just get the admittance of that one branch which is (2*s+2)/(2*s+5)

Where am I wrong?

Oh I think I see what I've done wrong. We assume it's a current source at the 2 port, not a voltage source like I was presuming. My mistake.

I was thinking of getting the 5:30pm physics class, but I found no information on the professor. I have something to do on July 11 from 8am to 5:30pm. Is it bad if I miss one day of a Physics course? What if there is a test on that day? What should I do?

If the class starts at 5:30PM, and you thing ends at 5:30PM, what keeps you from going to class?

A two hour drive from the location I need to be to where the class is.

>but I found no information on the professor
You mean like ratemyprofessor? That shit is pointless, anyways.

this, most of those reviews are written by brainlets who are looking to blame someone else for their own failure

I don't know about that. There are some professors with 100+ reviews and have a 2.00~ rating. I tend to watch for those kind of professors. Especially the ones who are said to be dicks.

Yep.

>professor is foreign
knock off a star
>I was incapable of reading the syllabus
knock off another
>wasn't given questions on exam ahead of time
dock another
>I got less than an 'A'
automatic 1 star rating

the newspaper at my uni (UCLA) runs their own teacher review site that is pretty nice because they get the grade distributions of classes from the Registrar, so if you see a class where the professor gives consistently like 5% As then you might want to steer clear

It feels great taking the class and being the five percent, though. I met my favorite professor in a class like that, twice as many drops as As, and we wound up working on research together all through my undergrad. Dude was legitimately brilliant.

Are you still here? Can you maybe give me something else to go on? I've tried finding that admittance parameter a few different ways now but I'm not getting anywhere.

If spacetime itself can expand and stretch itself apart, does it make sense to assume it is doing this inside of a bigger, "real" space? For example, when filling a baloon with air, the air inside of the baloon expanding would be like our spacetime, while the space in which the air moves around in the baloon would be the real space.

I've got one month exactly for a scholarship exam, I am golden on math and physics but I'm crying in chemistry, what should I do? Khan academy the last month in chemistry? It's around A-level chem I believe.

A few questions:

What sort of resolution should I be looking for on a DAC for audio use? 8-bit? 16-bit? Can I get them in through hole?

What do I need to implement digital filtering? Is there a particular IC? Do I need a microcontroller? FPGA?

And if I have an audio signal converted from analog to digital is it stored in the time domain? Like, if I want to do the filtering do I have to do FFT to convert it to the frequency domain or can digital filtering be done in the time domain?

All my experience is with analog signal processing and while I've had digital classes I haven't worked with it much.

Take this with a grain of salt, but for my DSP class that I took at community college we used one of those myDAQ things from NI and were able to record audio using it then use labview to implement the filters

I've used myDAQ and Labview in some courses before and have labview installed at home. I'm really looking for something that better lends itself to being installed on a PCB though. I recently built an analog audio spectrum analyzer and as proud as I am of it I would really like to make an entirely digital equivalent.

hmm I've only ever done anything like that with TI chips but that was a pain the fucking ass and probably more than you're looking for

Since obviously I can't offer anything, you might want to ask at

it's a slower general but you'll probably find someone more knowledgeable about this

why do you need the existence of something outside of the baloon? A baloon would still inflate if it was put in a void chamber. In fact it would inflate faster and more.

The universe is everything, it does not need to expand into something else (since there is nothing else)

I am going crazy over something idiotic.

Entropy is a state function, this is a fact. Then, taking the process A --> B --> C --> A, I should be able to calculate ΔS between A and C by doing ΔS(A-B) + ΔS(B-C) = ΔS (C-A).

Now, let's say that A is a folded protein in solvent, B is the solvent without the protein, and C is the unfolded protein in solvent.
Is ΔS (C-A) the folding entropy? it should be.

how the hell do you go from A to B? The proteins just hide for a while?

>ΔS(A-B) + ΔS(B-C) = ΔS (C-A)
ΔS(A-B) + ΔS(B-C) = ΔS (A-C)
that's the only thing you can say.

>The proteins just hide for a while?
Kinda. Through gromacs I can "turn off" the protein and use the Bennet Acceptance Ratio to calculate free energies.

Are there mathematicians out there who still study non-differential geometry, are papers about non-differential geometry still being written? Is that field still alive?

CSfag here.

Is there any objective definition for something being "Naive"? How do you know if code you've written is naive or not if you can't see any way of optimizing it?

it's naive if it's the first thing you thought about.

How much megaton of TNT will a 80 Kg of radio active material gives?

Go to any math department's website, sort faculty by research interest, and look through the geometry/topology section.

E=MC^2

What are some blackbox processes in modern computer science?

cryptolization

If you will miss a lecture, that's probably fine if you know what it covered and learned it yourself. If you will miss a test, then you will have to see how that will affect your grade, whether or not you can do a makeup(which professors may end up being reluctant to do). Additionally, you might be able to email the professor about this. At the very worst, you will get no response, but the professor might know about the planned schedule.

My undergraduate research adviser had some of the best reviews I've ever see on ratemyprofs. He was also probably the best professor I've had. Meanwhile, another favorite prof of mine had terrible reviews because he was Japanese and had an accent, but all of my friends who were serious about learning agreed that he was a good professor. My recommendation on finding the quality of a professor is to search if your university makes student evaluations available. Mine allows anyone with a university email to see the evaluations, which is what I usually used to preliminarily evaluate professors.

How to sterilize surgical instruments?
If I don't have autoclave?
will putting in in oven for 5 min at 200 C enough?

what're ye cuttin into boy, depends how clean we need er

Enough to kill hepatitis virus if need to.
I have suturing kit at home.
How do I sterilize it after I use it?
Soaking it in iodine solution? putting it in oven?
It's stainless steel needle holder, hemostat, scissor, toothed forceps.

>Trigger warning, retard post ahead

Heyo, okay so a really retarded question, say we got two numbers, for ex. 18 and 7. And let's say there's a task saying 18 is couple of times bigger than 7, and it asks us to set up an equation to calculate it.
Firstly, I'd set it up as, 18=x7.
Secondly, I have no fucking idea what that means.
Funny, I can set up an equation and I know that's the way it goes, it's "logical", but then again, I can't quite wrap my head around what it means.
Like, what the fuck does it even mean that 18 is a couple of times bigger than 7? Does it mean that both had to start out as 7s, and one became x times bigger? Or that 18 contains more of a certain number than 7? What's the exact relation?

pls I know I'm a retard, just help me out this once.

If we take an exothermic reaction of 2 reagents and then repeat the same reaction with the same reagents but now using 1000 times the amount of reagents we used first, then the temperature increase of the mixture should be the same in both cases right?

When entering into a Master's program, is it normal to not get a research or teaching assistantship during your first year? (I'm assuming they're based moreso on a year-basis rather than semester.) I know a lot would depend on the program itself and the length and whatnot, many variables, but I figured it may be more realistic during the second year?

Look at the pic bros what are the steps involved in between, I understand the derivation up until that point, but the book says it's trivial after please help.

This is proving the convolution theorem, and tilda (~) represents the Fourier transforms

Hi Veeky Forums!

How do I know if a language is regular OR context-free but not regular OR non-context-free?

My book is giving me fuckall on this distinction.

the top one is clearly the inverse fourier transform of
[math]\widetilde{f}(p) \widetilde{w}(p)[/math]

Oh...

I'm retarded lmao, cheers man

Is it possible to calculate distance of n-dimensions with n being greater than 3?

How do I "into" Electronics? I am starting Uni next semester (for CE) and would like to start learning on my own. Are there any good books for absolute beginners? I took AP Physics in high school but we barely covered circuits and electricity. Thanks.

the distance of what?

You answered your own questions.

As a beginner the last thing you need is hard theory, just intuition and hands on experience, as this is the only thing you will need until you are like doing the circuitry of the LHC or some shit.

I remember when I was a teen the first thing I used my UNO for was making a simple circuit that got the input from two button-like switches, then I wrote in C (in the arduino IDE) a program that would send a specific character depending on which button was pressed, and then I wrote a program in C++ that would just loop endlessly while catching input from the C program and then depending on the character it received from the C program it would use windows,h to send to the operating system specific keyboard commands (the keys Z and X) and then I used my arduino controller to play 'OSU!', which is a rhythm game.

Good times.

Yeah that was a really lazy post on my part. I've found the resources I've need since then. Thanks anyway.

Someone please explain me what the fuck should I get from this. I know a capaitor sort of stores electricity for very little before releasing a lot, and resistor is meant to (slightly?) restrict the current or something, and that I can ignore the ground thing, but I don't really know to put this together to explain what is happening here.

How do you write a discussion for a report?

Nobody cares of you, do it yourself

you can't even english, shut the fuck up faggot

Closing the switch will charge the capacitor. The current charging the capacitor will also be going to ground through the resistor but this will not effect how fast the capacitor charges (you can assume that happens instantaneously). When the switch is opened the capacitor will discharge through the resistor following a decay function.

the distance between two objects in the >3 dimesion

yeah but there are different distances like euclidian, hamming, geodesic, etc

This is a simple question about rectilinear movement, I already know the answer but I don't understand a thing. Example:

>car traveling at 15.5555m/s
>there's a wall 34m in that direction
>hits the brakes instantly
>four seconds later in hits the wall

What was the average deceleration of the car? This is how I think it:

>15.5555m/s
>multiply it by 4 seconds, that's how far it should've gone without deceleration, 62.222m
>take 34m from the 62.222m, answer is 28.222m; this is the distance lost because of the braking
>divide 28.222m by 4 seconds, to know the average braking; answer is 7.0555m/s

I solved it with a software online and it turns out that the answer should be 3.5278m/s, which is the half of what I got. My question is, Why should I divide by two? What am I not considering?

Why are you measuring deceleration in m/s and not m/s^2?

I typed it wrong, but I know what you mean. I don't see the logic behind dividing by 2 though.

look up the derivation of this equation

It's not as simple as "typed it wrong". Your units are wrong, which is a huge red flag that your method is not correct.

You derived a velocity, not a deceleration.

You know distance, initial velocity, and time. That's enough to solve for deceleration.

when the switch is open, the input current starts charging the capacitor up. Because you have a resistor in parallel, the voltage is going to taper off, forming a sharkfin-like curve. When the voltage reaches a set threshold, the switch is going to deplete the charge from the capacitor instantly and the whole cycle is going to repeat itself.
You basically have a sort of oscillator. The frequency of oscillation is controlled by the threshold voltage of the pulse thingy on the right.

nope, gtfo

Please don't. I'm doing it this way because I don't want to even look at the formulas. Also I'm trying to avoid calculus as much as possible, since I should be able to solve this by imagining the situation instead, right?

I just wrote the units here so you could understand, when I do it IRL I don't use units or signs. I just add the units at the end based on what they should represent and add the signs (also at the end) based on the direction the stuff was going.

So far I've discovered that my method always yields twice the amount of the answer, and my guess is that since I broke the 62.222m in two intervals and then accounted for the braking of only the 28.222m one (but not the 34m one), I somehow have to compensate for that by halving the result. I don't know why it makes sense mathematically but it gives me the same result the software does. Do you know if that's the reason of the 1/2?

if the car hits the wall, it clearly hasn't decelerated enough to give you any sort of useful information
the velocity on impact could have been 0.0001m/s, 5m/s or 15m/s

flawed question

the reason for the 1/2 is innately related to calculus and the fact that acceleration is the integral of velocity

>acceleration is the integral of velocity

Derivative, sorry i've been up very long XD

> I'm trying to avoid calculus
> avoiding the mathematical study of change
> on a problem about change
> what am I missing here?
I think I found the problem bub.

>quadratic equation
>calculus

does it hurt to be this fucking stupid?

why are you trying to avoid calculus? it's not a very hard thing to do, especially with regards to what you are trying to understand, and without at least an intuition for calculus you won't get the intuition for this problem.
the kinematic equations are derived using calculus, which is what I think he meant

People solved these problems hundreds of years before calculus even existed though. I should be able to solve it by imagining the car moving.

I am very good at calculus, but right now I have a medical condition that makes it extremely hard for me to think about abstract stuff. If I can't see in my mind the situation the numbers represent I won't be able to understand it. That's why I'm avoiding formulas and other stuff I can't imagine.

>I am very good at calculus, but right now I have a medical condition that makes it extremely hard for me to think about abstract stuff. If I can't see in my mind the situation the numbers represent I won't be able to understand it. That's why I'm avoiding formulas and other stuff I can't imagine.
lmao what the fuck

using the derived equations still doesn't require any sort of integration or differentiation, just some equation flipping

Ok here's a way to understand it assuming linear deceleration

The area under the velocity curve is the distance traveled (since the area is simply velocity * time at each point). We can express this area as a trapezoid

A = .5(B1+B2)*h

The two bases are simply the first and final velocity, while height is the time it takes (4 seconds in your problem), which is t. So,

d = 1/2 * (v0+vf)*t

We know that vf is simply v0+at. So,

d = 1/2(v0+v0+at)*t

d = v0 + 1/2*a*t^2

Pretty sure deceleration is a calculus term.

I guess this uses calculus since it uses \sort of Riemann sum but I don't know how else to explain it

I really appreciate the fact that you went the extra mile to draw that image (albeit shitty), it's more than what most people would do. Thanks. I can't totally understand it from what you typed, but I know what you meant because I remember that concept. For now I will keep dividing my stuff by 1/2 and that should be enough to make my homework.

trying to salve my soul for gorilla posting

I have this formula/ theorem/ whatever saved on my computer and don't remember what is is. What is it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differentiation_under_the_integral_sign

Bruh. The calculus required for uniform acceleration is grade school level. Literally all you need to know is what the area of a rectangle, and what the area of a triangle is to derive that formula

Fill up your report with cancerous memes
professors love cancer

hm it appears you go to mesa

Let [math]z = x^2y^3[/math]

Then is the following correct?

[eqn]\frac{dz}{dx} = 2xy^3 + 3x^2y^2 \frac{dy}{dx} \\
\frac{dz}{dy} = 3x^2y^2 + 2xy^3 \frac{dx}{dy} \\
\frac{∂z}{∂x} = 2xy^3 \\
\frac{∂z}{∂y} = 3x^2y^2[/eqn]

The partial derivatives are correct. But the first two derivatives I have no clue what the fuck you even tried doing.

Implicit differentiation. Like if [math]x^2y^3 = 1[/math] and I have to find the derivative at a certain point.

Okay, bad example.

Try [math]x^2y^3 + x^3y+2 = 1[/math].

Oops
[math]x^2y^3 + x^3y^2 = 1[/math]

First two are the total derivative

>>this is the distance lost because of the braking

No it's the distance lost because you hit a fucking wall in addition to the braking.

What's the difference between equilibrium points and attractors in dynamical systems?

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, first time on this board.

If I have a 1350 gph pump which is pushing water through a coil of about 80 feet of half inch pipe, is the full 1350 gallons going to be making it through or will there be resistance?

How can I calculate how much water is actually going to make it through?

Okay, so I have a few doubts.
I'm starting ME next year, hopefully on a scholarship abroad, if I get chosen. I plan on doing my 4 years of career and then try to go for a Master's.
Is it worth to go the Masters with an ME degree?, how much further will it take me in my career? (I want to make good money and I like to learn)
What are my other options?
Also, advice for what to do during my 4 years of education to ensure my success?

Given [math] y=ax^2 + \frac{b}{x}[/math]
An open water tank is in the form of a circular cylinder having its base horizontal & axis vertical.
The costs are: In terms of
a for each unit area of base
b for each unit area of curved surface
c for total cost
Given radius is x cm, express volume of tank in terms of x, a, b and c. If x varies, find the cost of base when volume is maximum.

How am I supposed to solve this problem?
Mind helping me? Please.