Thoughts on the durian

Thoughts on the durian

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e_q52FAF1GM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I kinda want to try shoving one up my arse.

Smells awful, but durian cake is actually pretty good. A worthwhile curiosity.

I'd try it if I get the chance.

intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor.

ive heard they aren't any good.

It actually tastes really great, but it's too expensive to have regularly.

It's one of the few foods I can't choke down. I just hate the flavor. I can eat the stankiest cheeses known to man, but durian is my downfall.

I say we blast off and nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

taste like rotting meat, garlic, and almonds

personally i love it, particularly frozen

looks like it would hurt if you threw it at someone

mmmm rotting meat. I bet it smells like one of my farts.

You could probably give someone a pretty severe concussion if you threw it hard enough. Honestly I can't think of a denser fruit, nor one that hurts more to hold. Those spines aren't just for show.

It's like if Funyuns was a fruit

pretentious asshole

youtube.com/watch?v=e_q52FAF1GM

I remember when it tried to destroy the world in 1999AD.

>work at grocery store
>work in produce
>special order durian for customer
>told not to take it out of the cooler to avoid smells
>new guy knows
>new guy completely forgets 2 hours later
>durian left out on display overnight
>whole department smells like ass
>new guy fired
tastes good though

Smells like gasoline pineapple.
Tastes like gasoline pineapple.
Feels like a gasoline pineapple.
Literally the mad max of fruits.

tastes and smells like shit, don't know why so many people in my country love to eat it.

Not as terrible as people make it out to be, but I don't think I would buy another one.

Don't feed the seeds to your dog, as they are poisonous.

Sounds like you know from experience.

Yup, we let my cousin's dog eat some of the seeds because she was enjoying eating the stinky flesh. We looked it up online after she'd eaten about 8 of them and - surprise surprise - durian is poisonous to dogs! We called up an emergency vet but the people on the hotline were useless because they had no idea what a durian was. Fortunately she puked the seeds up on her own overnight and was fine the next day.

Never had it; heard it smells awful. I tend to not like food that smells bad.

How did you manage to feed solid seeds to a dog.

Have you never interacted with a dog?

From the sound of it they haven't.

Protip: Dogs eat. In general, they consume. If they can fit it in their mouth, they will.
"Feeding" a dog is less about giving them food as more about trying to make them want to eat the brown pellets instead of the your table's leg.

Most fruit seeds in general are poisonous to dogs.

quality post

I own two dogs. I'm still curious as to how you managed to feed your cousin's dog seeds that are comparable in size and texture to medium potatoes.

I have never understood how people can describe durian so negatively. Maybe cause I've grown up with them, but I really love the smell. Sure if you have one in the fridge, you'll be smelling it the entire kitchen every time you open the door, but I never found the smell or taste anything less than pleasant. I'm not upset by the lack of appreciation, it's just that I simply cannot fathom all the hate. Honestly, they're probably my favorite fruit.

Went to Thailand and tried a durian fruit. It was vaguely sweet, with the texture of a five-day old avocado. So, fucking disgusting.

that sounds awful tbch and i love funyuns

nice

friend bought some for a school project so he could fucj with the class by having it stink.

let me eat it after he was done with it. tastes like a salty banana with some hints that remind me of mango.

not bad. don't know how to use it for anything else, but it's not too bad

Thanks Veeky Forums

Underrated post

Smell awful, but getting past that will leave with great tasting custardy fruit

Taste pretty good, just don't eat too much of it, 'coz the smell can be very strong.

Durian crepes are the shit

If you're eating it by itself buy a Musang King. I guess it's the friendliest kind for first timers. Probably impossible to find outside of durian season in Southeast Asia though.