Transhumanists BTFO

youtu.be/ZL4yYHdDSWs

Even if you somehow upload your brain to a computer and live "forever", it's not gonna last forever. Entropy stops human expansion beyond the local group. After billions of years, you'll no longer see light from other galaxies due to dark energy pulling galactic clusters apart faster than light can travel between them (think Zeno's paradox). After trillions of years, all the stars will burn out into black holes, and the smaller and smaller particles there are left will asymptotically decay toward nothing for all eternity.

businessinsider.com/the-end-of-physics-as-we-know-it-2016-1

We've reached the end of Physics, and the results are fucking depressing. The final asymptotic decay of subatomic particles rules out any possibility of eternal recurrence or other saving weirdness. Abandon all hope, life and the universe are absolutely meaningless. Savor every moment and suffer all the more knowing it'll never change, that humans will never go full TTGL, and brain uploading probably won't work.

>billions of years
>btfo

pls

shieeeet

There's always a way.

Warp Speed

What if a transhumanist don't care about travelling the stars and is perfectly content with existing within a massive virtual environment in which they can do literally anything?
also this

Wow so our utterly meaningless lived may one day actually have a purpose? This is a bad thing? It's our destiny to prevent the heat death of the universe

Even if you somehow upload your stomach with food and live "forever", it's not gonna last forever. Entropy stops human existence beyond a century. After tens of years, you'll no longer see light from other galaxies due to your eyes turning to shit (think grey star). After a hundred years, all the stem cells will be gone, and the less and less replaceable cells there are left will asymptotically decay toward nothing for all eternity.

>We've reached the end of Physics, and the results are fucking depressing. The final asymptotic decay of coconuts rules out any possibility of eternal coconut supply or other saving weirdness. Abandon all hope, life and the universe are absolutely meaningless. Savor every moment and suffer all the more knowing it'll never change, that humans will never go full bronze age, and eating something else than coconuts probably won't work.

>end of physics

lol

>implying we are anywhere near reaching the end of physics

haha holy shit how uneducated are you in the current frontiers of research? We've hardly made it out of the fucking caves m8

We already have prosthetic limbs with half lives an order of magnitude greater than that if you don't even consider the ease of upgrade.

>Entropy stops human expansion beyond the local group

I too saw the new kurzgesagt youtube pop-sci video, user :3

By billions of years we'll be able to create light out of nothing.

point of my post was that OP is a brainlet by equating the uselessness of life extension with the uselessness of eating. Nirvana fallacy is the word I think.

>Transhumanism = brain uploading

Sigh.

Uh... we knew that?

No one is going to live for eternity, but we can eventually get the tech to live for a very very very long time.

Most people will off themselves after a couple thousand years from boredom anyway.

>"You are the universe expressing itself as human, for a little while."

No worries, I am the universe and the universe is me. My consciousness may be gone but I will remain.

> death rationalisation: the post

Did you think of this while on acid in Goa, India?

Delusional

>being this butthurt because I can rationalize my own existence

We are not afraid, you are

And nobody can rationalize existence

But if you feel safe in repeating your meaningless mantra, keep doing it.

This doesn't really affect anyone presently living since we'll all be long, long dead once the heat death of the universe rolls around. You haven't btfo'd anyone retard.