Southern Barbecue is the one cuisine that is genuinely 100% American

Southern Barbecue is the one cuisine that is genuinely 100% American.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

yelp.com/biz/hutchins-bbq-mckinney
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No thanks

Agreed, my favorite kind of food and I'm Canadian.

>american
>stolen from Caribbean

I'm sure there's plenty of native cuisines from the Americas.

Barbecue from the Hatian root "barbacoa" actually draws more on African roots. Plus, Hati isn't the USA.

k

looks like a fancy low country to me

having root words in english =/= the foods origin

retarded namefag

>hatian root
>actually draws more on African roots

kys pls

Barbacoa comes from the Arawak language, specifically the Taino people who populated the Caribbean up to Florida in pre-Columbian time.

Everyone in the world barbecues retard.
You can't claim ownership over something that has been around since before your country was created

>We serve our food on a garbage can because that's where it belongs!

ftfy

famous daves is garbage

but barbecue is international
southern barbecue has its roots in african-american slave and therefore african traditional communal cooking

attaching the word "southern" to it is like saying 'go 'za is genuinely 100% american just because you added "chicago" before "pizza"

discuss

yes you can because american bbq is distinctly different from other bbq from around the world.

i.e the cuts of meat, prep, and way its cooked/smoked/grilled. If you this delusional take a history class.

when was the last time you went to china and got a smoked pigs foot?

>You can't claim ownership over something that has been around since before your country was created
That's cool, but like one thing you're forgetting:

Tomatoes

I live in southern america and it is a fucking shit hole. All those fucking uneducated fucking rednecks and niggers do is bbq and drink beer. There is nothing to be proud of here

Who claims ownership over fucking tomatoes?

Barbecue != grilling

The new world? Also potatoes and corn, among other things.

>The new world? Also potatoes and corn, among other things
They originated in the Americas, Mexico doesn't claim to fucking own the concept of the tomato.

If you live in southern america, you should try this true southern recipe.

>The tomato leaves are the best part of the plant
>When you make your veggie or fruit to go along with the BBQ
>cut the tomato leaves up into thirds and mix them in with your fruit or veggie
>the are great tasting just make sure to eat a lot of them to get the benefit of all those great nutrients packed with in them

I work at one of these. AMA

What about gumbo?

Or buffalo wings?

>There's little good evidence for that common belief that the leaves of tomato plants are poisonous.

Nice try you utter plankton

Pure autism right here, French cooking owes more to Italian cooking than American BBQ does to
"african traditional communal cooking".

what makes it "genuinely 100% american"?

butthurt amerifat detected

>Garbage can lid

Who would care?

That its 100% from america

Burgers

> I have no response

Stolen from the carribean by slave holders in the mid 16th century. Back when the island slave were fresh after the final die out of the natives. In short. they stole it from us.

Ahem.
Turkey.

so, you're saying barbequeing originates from usa when infact it does not? sweet deal

>Cupcake in a fucking meat plate
Dose it make it more american?

>beans

It's not from slaves.

Turkey based foods were invented in England, as it was imported to England from the Americas. Stuffed turkey is English originally for example.

If you wish to go by the logic that the bird is American therefore any food made of it is American then yes. But that logic doesn't hold up when discussing the history of food cultures.

Probably a cornbread muffin

It's a cornbread muffin you fucking mong

Yeah natives never cooked turkey.

kys m8

The Italians.

But they are wrong.

We wuz barbacue n shiet

>didn't photoshop the side logo

the cooking method was Caribbean not the food you twat

Even then I don't know that Carbbean folks slow smoked their food and served it with fried okra...

lol the biggest cop out to any argument I've read today

Fuck you and what you don't know.

Well okay, I'm gonna get some of that outrageously good Texas bbq later today and not worry about it.

yelp.com/biz/hutchins-bbq-mckinney

Holy shit you live in McKinney? That's the closest I've ever seen a person to me, I'm from Allen. The food from McKinney to Dallas is by far the best food in Texas, assuming you go to the right places.

Serious response incoming~

I'd say that southern food is pretty much the last big "American" cuisine. By "American" I mean not mainly influenced by 19th-century-and-later immigration (see: burgers, pizza, etc). Prior to then, the common foods nationally, the north included, were an amalgam of European and indigenous foods, with more African towards the south. The south maintained this traditional cuisine and the north lost it because immigrant foods displaced it.

I live in Sherman whats up.

What the fuck, no way? I'm actually closer to Sherman now, I live in Whitewright. That's insane.

Small world bro, try Daddy Rex's in Anna if you're ever in the area, Cackle and Oink in Sherman have the best ribs though

Been to Cackle and Oink a few times, good shit. Rib Crib is even pretty good. Are you college aged by any chance?

Yes I'm going to Austin College, I've only been to Whitewright once going to Greenville.

>Cackle and Oink
this is the most cancerous restaurant name I've ever heard, and I've heard some real cancer

it's like texas read some guide to "making trendy restaurant names" from 2006, and all the good ones were taken

What the fuck, somehow I knew it! My insane ex girlfriend goes there, I sat in on Modern Logic with Rod Stewart once.

It's stupid as hell but trust me they have amazing ribs, also some of the best cornbread I've had in my life.

lol lots of insane people go to this college, I want out soon.

Yeah you pretty much get a lot of the crazies when you attend a liberal arts school. Do you know Quincy by any chance?

I've never met a Quincy in my life so no, sorry user.

Damn. Well if you run into a little freckled pale junior named Quincy, she'll probably be dtf. Best of luck to you getting out of that shithole.

Also Marshall Purdom is a homie but is now plowing my ex, his cousin

Thanks bro you too, can't remember much of Whitewright but I know they got dirt races and a mayor who smokes weed so maybe its not all that bad

That and Tyrone Swoopes from UT, plus a few other collegiate/national athletes is all we have. There are a few black families here that breed world class athletes. Can't believe I ran into someone THAT close. I come to Sherman every other weekend or so, we could probably blaze it or something

Didn't know SWOOPES was from there, thats cool as shit. Dude put on a fucking showthe other day. It's a smaller world than you think on here I saw someone from Durant posting on here the other day I was kinda having a wtf moment.

>haiti
>food

>foodstuff prepared over an open flame is a unique thing
ok

Turkeys were first used for meat by Native Americans in around 1100AD

>I'm sure there's plenty of native cuisines from the Americas.

Bigfoot doesn't fry and there were no other humanoids on the continent.

Fact.

>mfw yuropoors get triggered so easily over this subject

Obsession

I do

I don't believe it

do you actually get free food?

I fucking have a massive erection for famous daves and I've gotten OPs pic before a bunch of times with a small group of people. I don't care how casual famous daves is, it's so fucking good.

thats just part of the gimmick.

Barbecue is my favorite food. The effort that goes into it, the flavors it brings out; it's simply divine.

where

I wish I knew, friendo.

That looks so good. So those are beef ribs, brisket, pork ribs, pork sausage (?), pulled pork, turkey breast but what are those side dishes?

Potato salad and some corn dish

Looks like corn, mashed potatoes and chicken.

I'd drive across the country just to hear it fart through a walkie talkie

I'd do the same just to see it made in front of me. I'd kill a man to eat it.

You can hope all you want

Ooh shit boi. How, did you just use context clues from this thread or do you actually know her? If you know her then I probably know you

Can we pls get to the bottom of this so I can stop monitoring this thread

>the way it disintegrates between his hands

Lamberts in Austin. I still like the bbq in Elgin over them and Franklins.

yeah, we do FAT tests, which is a rib fresh out the smoker

if you're new, you'll get samples of brisket and pork and other shit all the time

might just be my place, but I've gotten DOA ribeyes to bring home maybe 4-5 times a year

wow master ruseman XDD

You spelled Lockhart wrong. Elgin BBQ is dog food tier.

Apple pie?

There's a reason why Maine is called the Deep South of the Far North

I've never heard that before. But the rusting trash in all my neighbors yards would allow my to believe it's true.

Those are just Suboxone junkies dude you'll be fine

I think Kool aid pickles are also on the list.

#Haters

BBQ from chain restaurants that serve BBQ primarily are actually pretty good, and are great alternatives if you don't have a local independent BBQ place.

the only actual american food. even then the native americans are immigrants to the country from the land bridge

it's west african.