Are there any Veeky Forums approved video games? Do video games that use or teach physics, chemistry, math...

Are there any Veeky Forums approved video games? Do video games that use or teach physics, chemistry, math, and engineering even exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamelab.mit.edu/games/a-slower-speed-of-light/
youtube.com/watch?v=MDJGpufkpow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Zelda
Mario Galaxy

Portal 1 & 2 are pretty good

Any flavor of classic-tetris deserves a spot.

>Zelda
baby-tier puzzles, magical fairy-boy adventure?
It's good alright but not in respect towards Veeky Forums-approval I feel.

There is a flash game that teaches you how a cell works in a pretty cool and accurate way but I dont remember the name.

Is ss13 Veeky Forums approved?
Is factorio Veeky Forums approved?

spacechem, it teaches something

Robot Odyssey.

garry´s mod for logical gates

gamelab.mit.edu/games/a-slower-speed-of-light/

>making something very complex accessible
>special relativity
>very complex

I guess LogicBots can teach you some basic circuitry/logic stuff.

Any game that isn't related to science or math in any way. Why would I want to do even more STEM related stuff in my spare time? Currently playing through Digital Devil Saga which has been great so far.

kerbal space program

Talos Principle

Don't you have interests outside of your studies? You don't have to devote ever waking second of you life to thinking about science.

Starcraft 2 for working memory training

Spacechem

TIS100

Ooh, nice. I've already played Spacechem, but didn't know about TIS-100. This game is pretty neat, cheers.

Operation Neptune you plebs.

Frog Fractions

Universal Sandbox 2.

>ctrl+f "Antichamber"
>No results
How come no one posted the non-euclidean game yet?

Antichamber really doesn't teach you about anything. It's just
>dude whoa 4d is so crazy!!!11 what a mindfuck

>current year
>best most intellecual sci games
>myst not mentioned even once

i hate my generation :(

first 3 myst games were sick

Is it like the other puzzle games from the era (King's Quest, the LucasArts games)?
Where you try rubbing everything on everything, until you give up and look up the answer online?

Anti-chamber isn't 4-d? just not Euclidean
And it's just fun...because puzzles and shit

Universe Sandbox 2

Basically, you're a god. You can place stars and planets, terraform, modify aspects of the planets and stars, and launch shit at them.

chess

>100% rote memorization
>only difference between grandmaster and novice is hours played
>biology of strategy games

[spoiler]riggidy diggidy[/spoiler]

>mfw the biology isn't science poster is a degenerate weeaboo mathfag

Quite fitting actually. kek

Creating your own video game. You could use just about anything in mathematics and apply it to a video game of your creation. See Dwarf Fortress, the creator has a PhD in mathematics. You need knowledge in physics for certain things. Programming is an essential skill for everyone in STEM.

Space Station 13, not entirely realistic but it does simulate biology, atmosphere, chemistry, power, and other stuff quite well.

Can confirm. I had to use some basic genetics, markov chains, graph theory, probability/combinatorics, etc to make my game. pic related. It's fun learning about certain areas so I can use them in the game. You'd be surprised what kind of data you can find out there, I even got data for urine flow rates according to age (which I use in-game) and things like that. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any data on vaginal/anal sizes relative to age/other factors... so I just had to make up my own formula and made sure that it lined up with the vaginal size measurement data I found for adults.

Fez? Braid?

if chess is memorization rather than understanding, then you can conclude everything is memorization

yes but that is OT

Lel what the fuck kind of game are you talking about lad.

>only difference between grandmaster and novice is hours played
>What is "Every skill ever"

It's a loli kidnapping simulator. You can also raise the girls afterwards and there's even breeding mechanics which actually look at DNA, although the DNA is pretty simple, there's only like 30 genes. I think 5 for hair colour, 5 for skin tone (as seen in pic) 3 or 4 for eye colour, then some non-colour ones for various things. For the eye colour and such I researched a bit and found that two genes (HERC2 and GEY) seemed to play the biggest roles, so I added those in, and then a couple other genes I Just made up to affect things like the collagen levels. The skin tone stuff I just made up with various genes contributing to shades/tones/melanin levels. Hair was just 4 darkness ones and how many you had would affect how dark the hair was, and if you had few and you also had a recessive red hair gene, then you'd have red hair. You can also expand the dungeon in your basement to house more lolis, put in more things in it, etc. There's cops and a crime system, but their AI sucks ass right now.

Phil pls go

what?????!!!

There's also stealth mechanics with a noise system, etc. I need to work more on it though. gif related, it's throwing cans to distract lolis and make them investigate where the suspicious noise came from.

I should probably make them pick up the can or something later, or so that you could drop a trail of candy/other interesting items to lead them somewhere...

Is there something in particular about the game that you're confused by? I understand that the genetics system is a vast oversimplification of what really happens, if you were tripped up by that, but it wouldn't be very reasonable to make it that realistic, especially considering we don't even know the exact effects of most genes.

If you have any questions about the game and/or the science/math, feel free to ask away.

Wow.

>Tetris
I've probably logged about 7,000+ hours into tetris. All sorts of versions
Also
>universe sandbox 2
Just excellent
>Antichamber
Not educational, not as mindfucky as advertised, puzzles not too challenging. However the game gets a fucking 10/10 for atmosphere and overall game experience. Just a good feeling overall.

Dota 2.

How do you feel about league?

This is like someone with the ability to
model fluid dynamics and to program
deciding to make a state-of-the-art
simulator of a toilet cat with piss, shit,
and other biological game options.

Explain yourself, not the fucking science/math!

w-where can I get it
asking for a friend

Thats actually really cool. Will try it out

Can you post a link to your game?

Well, the urine physics are pretty simplistic. They just expand uniformly in a circle based on a constant (~1mm) puddle height. It doesn't even take into account the surface material it's spreading over, although it does at least keep a radius that corresponds to the volume of piss. It doesn't stop at walls or things either. I kinda wanted to make it spread around objects and have a polygonal boundary instead of a circle that would wrap around things or something, but I had better things to implement at the time. It does also keep track of the urobilin concentration in the urine which would vary based on the hydration level of the loli which changes the darkness/colour of the pee. As you can see from the pic Alice is more hydrated than Lea. And yes, you can display units in metric there's an option to do so in the menu. It's all done in metric, the imperial is just a conversion done for user-facing displays. I looked at actual stats for the height/weight of lolis, too. The names are taken from a database of popular names for their given nationality as well. I've got Euro={English, French, Polish, Ukrainian, Russian, German, Dutch}, Nordic={Swedish, Norwegian, Fnnish}. Arab={Saudi Arabian, Turkish}. Indian = {Indian}, Black = {Nigerian, Ethiopian}, Hispanic = {Colombian, Mexican}, South-Euro = {Greek, Italian, Spanish}, Pacific = {Hawaiian}, SE-Asian = {Filipino}, East-Asian = {Chinese, Japanese}. Each group there corresponds to a different gene pool, which means different probabilities for each gene to have the recessive vs dominant alleles.

What's there to explain though? There was a lack of loli kidnapping games that weren't super simplistic. I wanted to make the game, so I started making it. I got to learn a lot of cool things in the process, so I don't regret it. I mean, someone had to make it!

There's a link to June 2015's pre-alpha demo on cripplechan's /agdg/ board.

Garry's Mod + Wiremod

Less complex than Dota 2. But I don't really care about it. I'm just too lazy to try to understand it in depth to be honest.

This 100%. As first it seems a bit simplistic, but the fucking depth in this game is insane, even without mods (which btw can do anything from adding in better textures or hundreds of extra parts, to turning the kerbol system into the actual full scale real life solar system with improved physics that can simulate the effects of multiple bodies on an object at once, allowing things such as Lagrange points).

If you have any interest or curiosity in space at all, then this is the game for you.

Any Zachtronics game:
Ruckingenur (electronics reverse engineering)
Sapcechem & Codex (Automation)
Infinifactory (Industrial Engineering)
TIS-100 (asm)
KOHCTPYKTOP (IC design / VLSI)
Bureau of Steam Engineering (...)

I know several of these have been mentioned in the thread already, but someone might care for the full list.

If you have >100IQ, there's no excuse not to be diamond.
Source: I'm Master and I barely play it.

All games apply game theory (i.e. math)

This

Im making an RPG heavily influenced by dwarf fortress, and the math I had to learn to make it so far is staggering.

But like, being good at a game doesn't make it fun.
Is league fun?

>logic gates

check THIS
youtube.com/watch?v=MDJGpufkpow

>heavily influenced by dwarf fortress
Fuck yes.

>vaginal tearing
>anal tearing

I liked J.U.L.I.A., the point-and-click sci-fi game on Steam. I thought it to be very well-done and it contains many scientific concepts. Emailed the dev after completing it to tell them how much I enjoyed the game and the guy who responded was surprised that I noticed time dilation, among other things.

did someone just crash the avorion serb?

someone build a working computer with it and install gentoo

>video games

>Is ss13 Veeky Forums approved?
Yes, bomb that station good.

>Its all a memory game
Not necessarily
If played correctly, chess can actually teach or better a persons ability to build strategy and some one who has played for long enough can think ahead by a number of moves.

I know there are people that claim to be good at chess because they memorise certain moves for individual case scenarios however that shows nothing in terms of skill except for recognition of when to use certain moves.

In short, it is not supposed to be a game of memorisation. Some just play it that way anyway and develop no skill with it

>not wiremod
into the dumpster it goes

I have a B.Sc in biochemistry and I still haven't beaten space chem. To be fair it doesn't actually require any chemistry knowledge. There's only one significant portion I could argue I had a leg up, but it should be pretty easy to figure out quickly. It's a puzzle game. It's for anyone who wants to do puzzles.

If you want legitimately educational games involving math/physics/chem, Google "Phet simulations" which should take you to an edu domain. Pretty neat stuff. We used some of them in my high school physics AP class.

Well, yeah. If i didn't add that there would be nothing stopping the player from ramming his dick in a little loli without her being physically negatively affected. It's there to encourage the player to start slow.

I'm trying to do a biochem game as a college project, it is basically about a cell using resources it collects form the enviroment to clear a dungeon. It's kinda like Agario, but also like the first zelda game. I did a biochem game about atoms and molecules on my last project too, but it didn't go well because I barely finished it and it was way too cheap.

Does Veeky Forums have any ideias I should include in the game other than genetic manipulation and substance collecting?

>I wasn't able to get any data on vaginal/anal sizes relative to age/other factors.

So there is a need for this data... hmmm... I could be a unique thesis for a PhD in Pathology specializing in Criminal Autopsy...
Interesting write up to get approved for a government research grant.

In the final stage you kill the inmune system of the dungeon and then you have to gtfo

>I wasn't able to get any data on vaginal/anal sizes relative to age/other factors
FATAL

Ask Veeky Forums for a pdf. Or don't.

KSP of course, its great for getting your head around the basics of orbital mechanics

Factorio is glorious, not sure if Veeky Forums approved

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar

I approve

Does that count?

Yes

Very recently watched a ted talk on "labster" new virtual lab using real csi techniques and etc to solve crime lab dna tests, but thats just for the demo. Theres other stuff too but since its earlyish~~ stage your school would have to buy a package, haven't seen anything for individual sales yet.

I had previously looked at FATAL's formula for that and it was utterly disappointing. Even the formula I made up is better, as theirs is pretty much random dice roll without taking into that many factors like puberty progression and such (which mine does). All theirs does is age (in big discrete categories). Their slut/nympho modifiers are also retarded as that isn't going to have such a massive effect, if it has any whatsoever.

SineRider, for your kids.

Underrated.

They were pretty hard but definitely doable without walkthroughs (did them with walkthroughs tho lel)

Spacechem's actually about programming, not chemistry. A proper chemistry game would be cool.

Megakiure is a game in legit 4D, but it hasn't come out yet
Also check out Garden Manifold, it's about impossible geometry (think of an Escherlike universe) and it's dropping soon

It's almost like you don't want an anal circumference of 4 miles.

bump

there is a pretty cool interactive flash interface that allows you to play with ion gradients in neurons and muscle cells. not really a video game though.

>video games

I´m fascinated by the amount of detail.

Did you plan to integrade behavior / emotions?
> rudimentary psychological factors?

+ a link would be nice...

>Tetris
I would only include it because it is so simple, you can program your own version. And programming fun little toys is good exercise. I remember doing it myself in Turbo Pascal when I first heard about it.

Were there any video games where you had to program little robots to solve puzzles?

One's ability to learn and play chess well is a good indicator of IQ. It's not just memorization.

Actually though, if you're into digital logic there is nothing like minecraft.

130 IQ here. Majority of my chess games end in stalemate.

I can keep my king alive while picking off lesser pieces all the live long day, just can never seem to mate unless they make a big mistake. Much like real life.

How does Veeky Forums feel about No Man's Sky?

I feel that it's paving the way for the simulation we're all trapped inside of right now.

We're probably less than ten years from it now.