Smart people and driving

I'm studying Applied Physics, recently me and some other students talked about driving a car, and we noticed that it took us longer to learn how to drive than the average person.

Is it true that the more intelligent you are, the more trouble you have learning to drive?

>tfw 19 and don't know how to drive

can confirm basing on me and my dumb friends

Americans, I fucking swear.
>23 and don't know how to drive
>23 and still only saved up 1k for which none will go into buying a drivers license
>not even one µfeel/s

You actually have to buy one?

It costs money, and I am too autistic to accept handouts from family.
Also money is spent in better places as for now.

no, it's because you're a bunch of aspies

>not being able to do something makes you smrt
kek

>Is it true that the more intelligent you are, the more trouble you have learning to drive?

No.

I learned how to drive in one day. Even a retard can do it.

tfw 21, got my drivers license when I was 18
but didn't drive once since then
Now too scared to ever drive again because I forgot everything

Mechanical engineer here.
You're not smart if you can't understand how a car works. Operation of a clutch is insanely simple, tire grip is also something you should probably know by now, and so on. Car is a simple mechanical device when used on road in non-racing conditions.
You're a physics guy, use your knowledge to understand the car. Of course, if your knowledge is just formulas and definitions, it's useless.

this

how the fuck is learning how to drive hard?
The funny part is it's probably some ameritard learning to drive a fucking automatic transmission.

>You're not smart if you can't understand how a car works.
using something and understanding how it works are different things.

But if you understand how it works, using it is extremely easy.

>what are learning curves

If you wanna be a race driver, you gotta understand how some things work. If you wanna be a fighter pilot, you gotta understand how flight works. There's nothing fedora about it, knowledge helps.
Hand/eye/legs coordination might be tricky at first, but you should be able to switch gears and turn with blinkers at the same time on your first days.

>Hand/eye/legs coordination might be tricky at first, but you should be able to switch gears and turn with blinkers at the same time on your first days.

That's the easiest part of driving.

The hard part is looking out for all the fucking traffic.

In America you have these huge roads, while in crowded Europistan it is not so easy.

Maybe intelligent people have trouble getting rid of habits and in that way it takes longer for them to get used to eco driving if they have been driving before.

>he's never driven in a city
NYC has some of the skinniest, most crowded roads in the country. Possibly the world, don't care enough to google that shit.

>BBT meme
>bazinga
>physics meme desu senpai sempai desu

POO TO THE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously fucking kill yourself