How can we be so sure vaccines don't cause autism ?

How can we be so sure vaccines don't cause autism ?

I understand the science behind vaccines and don't deny that they saved plenty of lives and i understand the difference between correlation and causation but what if vaccines really are the cause of the rise autism ?

How dumb will you look when it has been confirmed vaccines cause autism ?

Other urls found in this thread:

autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/autism-study-more-evidence-linking-altered-gut-bacteria-asd
scientificamerican.com/article/gut-bacteria-may-play-a-role-in-autism/
spectrumnews.org/features/deep-dive/gut-feeling-how-microbes-shape-autism/
microbiologyresearch.org/docserver/fulltext/jmm/54/10/JMM5410.987.pdf?expires=1463187275&id=id&accname=guest&checksum=196A285429205C280232F4475F77614B
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because there is not one single thread of evidence for them. If you spend more than 10 seconds reading an article and follow their sources. Every single article that claims vaccines causes autism connects with a fraudster (aka a person who later exposed to the world that they said what they said for money) - in case you didnt know what the word meant with your 5th grade education

>How can we be so sure vaccines don't cause autism ?
Because we have no reason to believe they do
Besides, what in a vaccine would cause autism?

How can we be so sure you don't cause autism?

>Because we have no reason to believe they do

if we have no reason to, why are pro-vaccines so defensive and get easily angry ?

we actually do have a reason to believe they do because the west has for the last decades witnessed a rise of autism rates, which is correlated with the vaccination rates

>Besides, what in a vaccine would cause autism?

we don't know... yet

Why do morons like you always show up in 'science' threads?

So that's why activision won't make a ww1 game they all have autism

>if we have no reason to, why are pro-vaccines so defensive and get easily angry ?
Because antivaxxers kill people, which is kind of upsetting.

>we actually do have a reason to believe they do because the west has for the last decades witnessed a rise of autism rates, which is correlated with the vaccination rates
It's correlated with ten thousand different things. We have no suspicion *whatsoever* that vaccines might be involved.

>we actually do have a reason to believe they do because the west has for the last decades witnessed a rise of autism rates, which is correlated with the vaccination rates

Another correlation the rate of cancer within the first world and people living longer than they used to in the 20th century. You understand that this correlation is meaningless right?

What if autism rates are higher now because we are better aware of the symptoms of autism today compared to years ago? What about the fact that some people have been mistakenly diagnosed with autism when in reality they have Aspergers. As societies knowledge about these disorders grow, so do the diagnoses because we are better able to identify the symptoms.

this guy is essentially right

now, i have seen unbiased studies that show an almost zero percent rate of autism in amish communities. assuming that this isnt simply missing cases of autism, i would be inclined to accept research that indicated something OTHER than vaccines in modern westernized health care could greatly magnify or directly cause autism.

but i dont believe its vaccines & i have no reason to. simply saying 'but you can't PROVE its not' isnt curiosity or originality. its laziness.

>Because antivaxxers kill people, which is kind of upsetting.

I understand that you might be upset with the fact that people die.

The trouble, you see, is that big pharmaceutical companies don't care about people dying or people being sick, in fact, they rejoice as it is actually improving their business.

>It's correlated with ten thousand different things. We have no suspicion *whatsoever* that vaccines might be involved.

I agree but it might be involved.

>Another correlation the rate of cancer within the first world and people living longer than they used to in the 20th century. You understand that this correlation is meaningless right?

that's because it's a poor example, living longer apples to a group of people and cancer rates, to a distinct group of other people

virtually all western autists have been vaccinated though

>What if autism rates are higher now because we are better aware of the symptoms of autism today compared to years ago? What about the fact that some people have been mistakenly diagnosed with autism when in reality they have Aspergers. As societies knowledge about these disorders grow, so do the diagnoses because we are better able to identify the symptoms.

Well, now that you mention it, for all we know, Aspergers could also be caused by vaccines.

about as dumb as I'll look when we find out that dinosaurs are a lie and our ancestors were really space people.

You are absolutely the most retarded kind of person. You can find correlations between a lot of completely unrelated things if you look for them.

>what if vaccines really are the cause of the rise autism ?

What if Gene Simmons is really the cause of gravitational waves?

What if male dinosaurs were actually gay but were consistently raped by female dinosaurs?

What if you weren't actually baiting me right now?

>What if male dinosaurs were actually gay but were consistently raped by female dinosaurs?
That's true though.

In WW1, the introduction of helmets correlated with an INCREASE in head injuries reported. Only a retard would think this was because helmets made you MORE likely to hurt your head.

Why do so many people on Veeky Forums always do this with popular topics Ike vaccinations, but then turn around and do the exact same thing with other topics/relations that scientific dogma decrees as a correlation?

>You are absolutely the most retarded kind of person.

Asepsis exists because people noticed that cleaning your hands reduced the transmission of diseases.

Of course, suicides and US spendings aren't related as there is no logical reason as to why it would but vaccines and autism could be related as vaccinations consists in injecting an alien product into our blood stream.

Double blind experiment, comparing results to a placebo. Any more stupid questions?

>In WW1, the introduction of helmets correlated with an INCREASE in head injuries reported. Only a retard would think this was because helmets made you MORE likely to hurt your head.

that's because of WW1

as soon as WW1 stopped, the correlation stopped

It's because people were surviving head injuries long enough to make it to a field hospital. Before they had helmets, those guys were just dying and not being recorded in specific injury statistics.

guys op is either baiting us or one of those guys who think questioning everything is a unique concept

theres literally no arguing with these people, they have impossible standards for definitive proof & think that theyll be famous for finding some random clue that revolutionises how we all think, they essentially think theyll live National Treasure if they find the right details

OP, no vaccines do not cause vaccines. because i said so.

FUCK

vaccines do not cause autism

anyway abandon thread

laughed harder than i should have. underrated

It means that there are more intelligent people therefore more inclined to suicide.

C'mon user f8 me.

>one quack claims something is true without evidence
>this convinces low-quality people to treat it as "maybe true" or "true unless proven wrong" until the end of time

This thread again.jpg

>I agree but it might be involved.
It might be literally anything. Why should we focus in on vaccines? Let's stop doing everything, and slowly add things in one at a times until autism shows back up.

you forgot the
>thousands of dollars and manhours are used to rigorously determine whether this quack was right or not, just to shut everyone up
>turns out there's absolutely no evidence in the huge amount of data
>turns out that quack was actually paid to spout his nonsense

>people still aren't convinced, entirely on the grounds that they don't WANT to be convinced otherwise

I'm pretty sure if God were real and He came down, just for this one time, and told people "hey yeah, when I made the universe and everything, I didn't put in any mechanism for the current chemicals in vaccines to cause anything related to autism in human children", they still wouldn't believe it (assuming they believe in God and that He was really saying this etc.).

Fuck people.

i have a vaccine and i did not autism and so have many others

thats the proof right there

They don't cause autism, antibiotics and bad gut flora does.

autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/autism-study-more-evidence-linking-altered-gut-bacteria-asd

scientificamerican.com/article/gut-bacteria-may-play-a-role-in-autism/

spectrumnews.org/features/deep-dive/gut-feeling-how-microbes-shape-autism/

microbiologyresearch.org/docserver/fulltext/jmm/54/10/JMM5410.987.pdf?expires=1463187275&id=id&accname=guest&checksum=196A285429205C280232F4475F77614B

Many kids get rounds of antibiotics in their early years, at the same time of vaccines, so it's easy to understand why some people would confuse vaccines for causing their kid's autism instead of high dose antibiotics.

Cant you answer a question without insulting anyone? LUL