Why do people pretend to like beer?

Why do people pretend to like beer?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_drink)
youtu.be/xSdIZdje5Bk?t=54s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i don't know, i've drank hundreds of various kinds and i haven't liked a single one

either i'm being tricked ori just have a bad tongue

My personal theory is that it's got so much hype around it as the "manly" drink that guys force themselves to put up with it to seem manly in front of others.

No one thinks beer is manly anymore.

I don't understand the point of beer

If you took the alcohol out of beer, nobody in their right minds would drink any of that piss. If you took the flavor out of beer, nobody in their right mind would waste their time trying to get buzzed/drunk off a solution of 99% water, 0.5% starch, and 0.5% alcohol.

The alcohol:calories ratio of beer is fucking atrocious

Idk maybe I'm biased because I'm not a huge fan of alcohol

this thread is now a quarrantine thread for plebs. proceed, op.

Why do you like beer?

Not him but it tastes good

you think you like it but you don't

No it doesn't

False

That isn't true

It does, prove me wrong

Wrong.

truth is you need to find the right beer and stick to it. mine is tooeys extra dry or corona.

You only think it does because you forced yourself to drink it for so long.
Or you started young when it was "cool"

>I don't like this thing, therefore no one else actually does either

Nobody actually likes it. They just want to like it to fit in.
They don't realize everyone us doing that also.

I don't think anyone pretends to like it. A lot of people pretend to understand it, which is odd, because it's fairly simple.

I hated beer when I was younger. Then I lived in Germany for a couple years and acquired the taste. Now I brew my own.

I view it like any other culinary delight, or monsrosity: you like it, or not. No big deal.

There's a lot about beer culture I despise, particularly know-nothings acting pretentious about "detecting notes of coffee/toffee/oatmeal/whatever", small surprise since the beer was likely brewed with those ingredients, or more likely, had those artificial flavors added after the brewing process.

Beer is simple. Can you boil water? Can you wash dishes? Then you can brew beer and pretense doesn't really factor into it. But if you don't like the taste, then you don't.

this is bait

There are things like anchovies and okra and caviar that I personally don't like but I understand that enjoying these things is perfectly reasonable

Then there are things like acetone and feathers and diarrhea which no reasonable human should enjoy eating

Beer falls into the second category

I'm fairly confident I like beer. Pic related, part one of mein lunch.

Wow, really makes you think...

I have tried beer a couple of time but I can't get over how it tastes like shit. It's also carbonated which fucks with me hard because I never drank soda in my life.

Everyone tells me "Oh yeah everyone hates beer at first but then you get used to it", is that true or just a meme? I swear I can't even force myself to drink that shit, would much rather drink sake or vodka instead.

I like beer.... it makes me feel good

If you have to get used to it it's not actually good.

>pretend
Beer tastes good, especially when you get older. I cant drink sweet alcohols such as cider or long drink anymore as their taste is more sappy than sweet to me. Beer is that perfect balance of bitterness and taste. In fact, I've started recently to gravitate towards dark beers as regular beers are too "light" for me.

And don't even start with the whole "you only drink bcuz you wish to be manly hurdedur". I live in Finland where long drinks (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_drink) are socially acceptable drinks for men to drink, yet I gravitated towards beers as I got older.

Which beer has 0,5% alcohol? I feel like this is an American thing

Beer is a bitter drink. I like things that taste bitter.

Fuck you.

Makes you ponder a bit, doesn't it?

>Finland
Opinion discarded.

american consumed 18 billion liters of beer in 2014

and 0.1 billion liters of non-alcoholic beer

yep, seems like people really love the taste

>implying n/a beer tastes nearly as good as regular beer

>all these manchildren with mountain dew palates
thank good most of you won't ever breed. Beer is great.

People smoke too. Doesnt mean its good. They drink it because its a social status booster and essentially considered mandatory for most events because society (see: corporations) tricked them into it.

I hate my masculinity and I like beer

>sake
*tips at u*

I like beer because it makes me tipsy. Dont have to pretend anything.

The jig is up, everyone, OP caught onto the joke we can burn down the factories now

Same tastes good as fuck if you get it from a real jap place of which there are many in my city, and in my experience it gets me drunk in a clearer way and warms you up.
Shit is so good I want some right now FK

Whether it's personal taste changing or this mob psychology at work, I've found that while I hated beer in early years, nowadays I love dark stouts and black ales

Obviously straight liquor is superior for getting drunk but I actually enjoy some beers

youtu.be/xSdIZdje5Bk?t=54s

Liquor may be cheaper for getting drunk, but cheap liquor is disgusting

Beer is much easier to chug

Personally, I tend to drink sour beers. They're actually pretty enjoyable and good tasting.

I like Irish reds and certain stouts.
I think it has to do more with sweet vs savory taste. If you subject yourself to nothing but sugary drinks and water then you probably won't like.beer or tamato juice.

I started drinking it in high school because I could get drunk off of it due to no tolerance.

Continued drinking it through college case party culture. Even at 3.5% alcohol, if you drink huge quantities of it fast enough it can still get you drunk, albeit not as much as liquor.

I was slowly introduced to better quality and strength beers like IPAs and stouts. I enjoy those exclusively now. I cant stand the fizzy yellow water shit I used to drink at parties, its awful.

I like beer because I like bitter tasting things like raw Cocoa

>implying a cigarette after a nice meal isnt heaven on earth
Grow up

Why do people pretend to like alcohol in general?

Why do people pretend to like cheese? I mean, it's just expired milk.

Spicy foods
Avocados
Ceviche
Whisky
Good cheese
Black coffee
Unsweetened teas
Prawns, or shrimps or crawdads
Asparagus, broccoli, okra, olives, whole tomatoes
Veal, medium rare burgers
Dark chocolate

These are all things that nobody really "likes" at first but your palette evolves over time and you realize you don't need all the processed shit to eat good food. It's not pretending, it's just how we eat things.

>Ceviche
>Having to get uaed to it

Heh

Some people like the taste. They're not you, and you're not special. Some people like to drink alcohol.

There were many places in time where if you didn't drink beer, you would probably be dead. Water wasn't always safe to drink, but beer was. The high calorie and low alcohol content was considered a feature to these people. They had actual work to do to get the world to this point where you can sit on your ass and be a little pussy and type silly faggoty things like that on the internet. Look up small beer, dingleberry. And read a book or something.

Cigars can be incredibly enjoyable.

This is a troll thread. I love bitter drinks, things like dark tea or over brewed tea. Hell I'll munch of the full leaves after drinking my green tea because once you develop a tolerance for bitter flavors you can taste how sweet they are. I love IPAs, sours, stouts, ales, bourbon barrel aged things, Belgian styles as long as there isn't too much diacetyl (naturally occurring "banana" flavor) in it. I like most things after giving them a few tries so I can pick out the appeal of them.

People are allowed to like things that you don't like. They can develop a taste for something through exposure and take joy/pleasure from it.

That's all I have to say.

>Look up small beer, dingleberry.

Adorable. I want to start saying this.

honestly people are butthurt because they have a child's palate and can't drink anything that doesn't have a fuckton of sugar

You are such a fucking retard.

The walking case-in-point about people who use "read a book" as a derogatory statement.

Excellent source.

I dare you to go find a source that agrees with you and isn't a literal flat earth shill site.

A good hefeweizen on a hot, humid day is one of the most refreshing things out there. There's plenty of beers I don't care for (IPAs are shit for the most part), but you've just got to figure out what you like.

That poster didn't specify a time period, and they were right with the second part of their post. It was a preferred alternative to water amongst the working class, they just couldn't always afford it if they didn't brew it themselves.

That is because there is no time period in the history of the earth where anyone consumed beer instead of water except in literal drink-my-own-piss situations.

Or butthurt alcoholics such as yourself, I suppose.

>Beer tastes good

No, it doesn't.

What makes you think I'm an alcoholic? I'm not even the guy who said to crack a book.

The fact that you are both aware of and a believer in beer memes

I only Googled them because of you, who seems to know more about beer memes than anyone else in this thread.

It does once you sufficiently Stockholm yourself to it.
Just like coffee and caviar.

Adult taste preferences evolve from sweet to bitter as the maturey. You are all still children/lowtest.

I'm not even trolling they did science and shit and found it out.

>Drinking beer for bitter, mature, adult, My Preference(tm) flavour
lmao

>Drink single beers by myself because I like it
>Nobody around me to look "cool" to and I'm not even getting buzzed
Tell me more about how I don't actually like it

you're just pretending to like it to impress yourself

sake isnt bad at all, wtf u talking about?

>You are all still children/lowtest
Then how come I lift weights every day and drink whiskey from the bottle? Beer is just shit. I've never liked sweet stuff and I still think beer is shit.

bitter is a taste god gave us to identify poisonous things

Dude there was a time in america where drinking water was piss poor. This was right before drinking fountains became a thing, no joke. Alcoholism ran rampant and even kids were drinking beer. Alcoholism became such an issue that the government had to step in and start installing drinking fountains to supply poor Peele with clean water.

It had to have happened more than once in history amongst the poor.

>beer
>bitter
Where is this coming from?

Hops are literally used as a bittering agent.

Yes and most beers are literally balanced out with malts. The only style I find bitter is the ipa and sometimes a hopped up stout. The latter will go away with a little time anyway.

I am sure people like it as everyone has their own preferences but I could never enjoy it. I don't like alcohol all that much either, just hit 30 so it is unlikely I ever will. I think it has to do with exposure to it and certain tastes.

doubt that so hard that it's not even funny.
i used to drink ciders when i was like 14 and didn't enjoy beer. a year or two later i tried beer again and enjoyed it immensly
actually some alcohol free beers are pretty good but there's so much shit tasting alcohol beer.
also beer tends to have more than 0.5% alcohol, that would be considered alcohol free beer in here.

unless you've had at least 5 of these, you aren't allowed to have an opinion on beer

It's literally no different than coffee, right down to having an easily pretentious culture around it and having tons of different varieties

I drink usually higher abv beers, tripels, quads, etc, or barleywines. I enjoy the complex fruity taste and boozy finish you get from these. I usually drink them at home because they are ridiculously expensive at most bars or restaurants.

They are not bitter generally. If you dont like beer go try a st bernardus 12 and see how that strikes you. If you still dont then to each their own. This thread is still super bait

It's something I drink if I want to be able to drive home at the end of the night.

Also, I don't think it tastes half-bad.

>you will never have a fresh CBS with your french toast and bacon for breakfast

Shut the fuck up. Have you visited every country? But you know they exist? Of all the beer I have had, I have not liked them. I do not have to search out every kind of beer to make the statement "I don't like beer" because if that were the case then any statement of opinion could be countered by "but have u tried dis 1????"""

It's called extrapolation you dumb fat clappy american fuck literally fucking kill yourself.

What is it with people like you? Why are you opinions so sensitive that even someone else having a different opinion makes you cry tears out of your dads vagina and you sperg out about it?

I don't like beer.

DEAL WITH IT

Don't you have some books to go read?

>is called a child
>throws a child tantrum in response
Lmao

Why not?

PSA: a stout is literally a black ale

Is reading pretentious to you?

Don't live in or near Michigan. The year I learned about it was the year they stopped bottling. Kegs are rare and the tappings are insane. I just want to crack a bottle in peace.

it's pasta