Spagoot

Cooking spaghetti for the first time. Im a noob. Any tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UerBCXHKJ5s
youtube.com/watch?v=WJCOm9XQ7kw
thedomesticgeek.com/archives/17203
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pre-packaged and canned or actually making noodles and sauce?

>put salt into the water only when it starts to boil
>stir pasta from time to time as it cooks
>a lot of garlic is good
>add basil, oregano etc to the sauce in the middle of cooking, not to early, not to late
>garlic goes before them
>spaghetti should be a little bit hard
>you can check how hard it is by taking a bit on the fork and putting under cold water from the tap
>it's really easy, hf

Have your sauce ready before the noodles and mix the noodles and sauce directly after you have drained them
Don't put oil in the water
Your pasta water should taste like the ocean (SALT THAT SHIT MY NIGGA)
Noodles keep cooking after you drain them so pull them out a little early
Shit is easy, but hard to do right.

>pic related is the way you put it into the water

It doesn't have to be so perfect, just not in one place. Obviously only put the spaghetti when the water is boiling.

>any tips?

Do not just leave it in the pot for a long time. Cook it for 10 minutes or so, test it to make sure its still a little chewy. You should be able to test the chewyness to the tooth. Thats what Al dente means. Also watch the pasta because the water has a tendency to foam and boil over all over your nice hob.

Also, while your at it, dont boil the sauce your using. It'll come out better if you only heat it slightly without causing it to bubble up / roll.

Also, try pesto some time. You dont even need to cook it. Just mix it in with the cooked spagetti.

Also, basil leafs go well with the spagetti, so you might want to buy one of those little basil plants.

If you overcook your pasta I will come to your house and slap you

There is no excuse

>Also, try pesto some time. You dont even need to cook it. Just mix it in with the cooked spagetti.

The same goes for proper carbonara, user. You add eggs to the pasta, the warmth of the spaghetti/whatever is enough to make eggs. Then you can add some prosciutto, lots of black pepper and fresh basil. Very simple, very italian, very good.

youtube.com/watch?v=UerBCXHKJ5s

Thats not carbonara thats some ungodly spagetii omlet. This is how you make carbonara.

youtube.com/watch?v=WJCOm9XQ7kw

Post pics of your spaghetti, user, you'll get tips for future.

>Don't put oil in the water

I used to do carbonara this way, maybe without onions. Of course in restaurants it's always creamy, but the simple version is what they do in italian villages. Don't discard it.

Well, don't.

Oil coats the noodle and makes the sauce slide off that sauce you worked so hard on.
>The more you know

>The sauce slide off that sauce

Goddamnit.

If you're using cream that's not carbonara. I don't care if you like it better with cream, but don't call it carbonara when it's not.

I don't know how to test to my tooth, help me out please. Do I rub the pasta in my tooth then chew, suck on it for a min then chew, chew then spit, or just chew it up? I'm a total noob to cooking please help.

I just happened to make this: thedomesticgeek.com/archives/17203 just now and it's pretty damn good for being so basic. although i used bone broth instead of vegetable broth and i caramalized the onions beforehand.

Prosciutto and basil in carbonara isnt "very italian" dont trigger me please

For spaghetti, a good idicator of 'al dente' is to bite into strand of the pasta. Looking at the profile of the pasta there should be a white dot in the middle