Boiling ribs?

My girlfriend said that I should boil my ribs before grilling them
Is this bullshit Veeky Forums?
Is there another way to make them "fall off the bone" good that may be superior?
I usually just do a dry rub then grill the damn things, I think the fall off the bone bit is a meme created by chili's, but the wife wants the ribs that way so I want to do them her way the best I can

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AyEeHqdmmAk
youtube.com/watch?v=wz7WHAjxDxk
foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/who-loves-ya-baby-back-recipe.html
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just boil a half rack in front of her and prepare the rest like normal. Serve her the normal ones without her knowing a eat the boiled ones on a lazy Sunday or something.

Nah man that's stupid

Does your wife know about your girlfriend?

Whoops

Chef John says it's OK
youtube.com/watch?v=AyEeHqdmmAk

Why not split them and try half your way, half her way and compare?

Might discover something new or convince each other one way or the other.

youtube.com/watch?v=wz7WHAjxDxk

cook it lower and longer for better ribs

I may actually do that.

..but boiling them man? It just sounds like I'm going to ruin them.

>My girlfriend
> but the wife

perfect victory

Then you've only ruined half of them and hopefully she'll see the difference between your way and her way and never bother you again about boiling your ribs.

Or it might work amazingly and you'll admit defeat to her and get some, "He said I was right!" sex.

BOILING FUCKING RECKS TEHM JUST PUT THEM IN THE OVEN FOR 2 AND A HALF HOURS AT 235 WITH A DRY RUB THEN GLAZE TEHN A FEW TIMES ON THE BBQ YOU FUCK

>I think the fall off the bone bit is a meme created by chili's
Its not. It's called "breaking down the collagen"

Do some goddamn learnin' ya fucking pleb

I was more so saying that "fall off the bone" denoting superior quality was a meme, not that it doesn't actually exist or something

If they fall off the bone, that means you broke down all the collagen and they will be superior quality

I honestly disagree
It ruins the texture man, and the meat doesn't seem to have as much flavor

Oy vey. Good luck with your wife and your girlfriend, retard

Broil them on low heat for 3 to 4 hours then sear.

>Broil
>low heat

I've read several barbecue books, and own three smokers and a grill. I've got over a decade of experience. Take that as you will.

The pros will tell you that rib texture is a personal preference. Some people like them to fall off the bone, other people like a little chew. I tend to prefer a little chew. If you're submitting your ribs in a competition, you are going to want a little chew. People want to bite into ribs. Not pull the meat off and eat it. What's the point in that? The difference is the same between corn on the cob and kernel corn. Totally different tastes and experiences, as far as I'm concerned.

I highly recommend against boiling ribs. All of the flavor leaches out into the water like you're making stock. You end up with meat without the natural pork flavor that makes pork the best of all the meats.

Smoked ribs with ice cold potato salad and some warm barbecue beans is the GOAT meal. God speed, user!

Foolproof:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/who-loves-ya-baby-back-recipe.html

Are there people that genuinely don't boil their ribs?

Neanderthals!

cut them into individual ribs and cook in a slow cooker with a home made spicy sauce. The meat will fall off the bone after about 5/6 hours

That sounds great, I don't like sugary, glazed sauces, might try it with a thinned tomato sauce.

>pork the best of all the meats

For reasons said, I never boil ribs.

It's a shortcut you don't need if you're willing to be a little more patient.