ITT:

ITT:

we post the the cutoff point in mathematics between practical and autism

>anything beyond analysis/topology

anything beyond linear algebra, stats, basic probabilities.

ayy lmao engineers btfo

Anything beyond addition and subtraction. Multiplication is pushing it, but gets a pass because it's glorified addition.

Any pure math beyond PDE's.

Anything beyond arithmethic.

i would say somewhere in higher number theory

if it involves anything containing the word "grothendieck" it's probably autism

>anything beyond the point where they start using letters instead of numbers
Like come the fuck on. You can't have X apples fucking loonies.

Someone knows less math than me? Brainlet!

Someone knows more math than me? Autist!

Well yeah.

>beyond PDE's.

There is no start or end to autism.

"Beyond" makes no sense here.

actual serious answer: anything involving abstract algebra at the graduate level is sheer autism

logic, number theory as well

I was nodding until I saw number theory

When you saw number theory,
what did you do instead of nod?

Just took a year long graduate course in abstract algebra.

Wasn't so bad.

what textbook?

First semester I used Artin's Algebra. I liked it and it was concise.

Second semester I used Dummit and Foote.
It covers basically everything, including type and category theory in its appendix, and is very detailed.

I liked Artin more, but if I were more series about the field I'd probably go back and redo Dummit and Foote. I struggled in the class, to be honest, and didn't learn much so I'll probably reread the Artin book again when I have some time and get it down.

cool

I'm kind of undecided atm whether to go for artin or d&f. was kind of swinging towards d&f anyway because I want to do linear algebra properly rather than just skim it like artin does and d&f seems more thorough.

Dummit & Foote is not particularly readable. What are you studying algebra for? I'd really suggest Artin, especially for self study.

I know plenty of autistic math. That's what allows me to judge what is useful and what is not.

>I'm too stupid to apply knowledge from an area
>it' can't possibly be my own shortcoming
>this must just be an autistic field

I'm self studying it because I intend to do a masters in mathematics after graduating (engineering).

I don't mind books being unreadable, as long as they are thorough and reasonably fast paced. What exactly is the problem with d&f?

Dummit and Foote is like trying to learn from an encyclopedia. There's really too much packed in there to slog through it all, and it lacks any real pedagogy. If you're concerned that a less "thorough" book than D&F won't teach you what you're expected to know, that's not something to worry about. Artin covers everything you could want to know entering a masters in math.

And for anecdotal evidence, everyone I know who used D&F has nothing nice to say about it.

please tell me where lebesgue integration is used.

Lebesgue Integration is pretty typical undergraduate math, first of all, and second it's very useful in probability theory and statistics. Probability theory is all about measure theory and lebesgue integration so there is a great application of it.

Every woman you fuck counts for -1 autism. So if you've fucked ~50 women and understand Quantum Mechanics, you still aren't an Autist.

This is basic stuff, you autists

How am I to carry out this count
in the context of the Many Worlds Interpretation?

In the context of many worlds, the yous in other universes may or not be autists. But their count doesn't councide with the you in this world.

Autism in Math?
Axioms.
>It is like this because it is.

Anything beyond basic arithmetic is pushing it, trig is also very relevant so arithmetic and trig, calculus is just applying more arithmetic rules to algebra and trig

ayo hol up
what about schrodinger's quim?
how dem points work with dat box?