/smg/ - Stock Market General

Twerk it edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hbw1pGUhG7Q
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good weekend holds?

niggers are kinda adorable the, they are starting to grow on me they are cute and retarded the way orks from warhammer are adorable and retarded

i have been shorting vol for two weeks straight

my nuts are huge but they have been getting viced these past few days

Orks are adorable because they're not real.
niggers don't have that redeeming quality

WHY DIDNT YOU LISTEN?

bears btfo yet again

short squeeze

I hereby apologize for laughing at big5guy.

B5G must be out buying his lambo

VTGN reverse split risk?

Niggers are subhumans

buy low sell high is a long vol strategy

buy high sell higher is a short vol strategy

>op image
how low is the IQ required to be to produce this result?

latest update

MSNBC - dropped Dow ticker off channel
CNN - dropped dow ticker off channel

It's either going to r/s or it won't. So two possible outcomes, 50% chance of r/s by my calculations.

200+

Feb 12 (Reuters) - VistaGen Therapeutics Inc :
* VISTAGEN THERAPEUTICS REPORTS THIRD QUARTER FISCAL 2018
FINANCIAL RESULTS
* VISTAGEN THERAPEUTICS INC QTRLY LOSS PER SHARE $0.25
* VISTAGEN THERAPEUTICS INC - AT DEC 31, HAD CASH, CASH
EQUIVALENTS OF ABOUT $13.0 MILLION, COMPARED TO ABOUT $2.9
MILLION AT MARCH 31, 2017

t-this is good, right?

It means the angry cnn/msnbc viewer or person who saw it at lunch wont be angry selling anymore

I'M ALL IN NIGGA

I PUSHED MY LONG SP FUTURES MARGIN TO MY LIQUIDATION VALUE

VMW

anyone got some great high yielding dividend stocks? I'm just looking to put half my companies revenue into some dividends to grow instead of it sitting in some stupid bank where I'd only get like 1/2%

T

When to sell MU?

IRM

ETE

I'm in ORC and UNIT. ORC is more risky at 18.1 Div/Yeild per month, and UNIT is safe at 9.445 DIv/Yeild paid quarterly

we want boomers to dump tho

NUE should get returns on investment from this steel embargo and they pay like 2%

GE

depends when you bought. If you bought below 43ish then never just put up a stop loss above 1-2% and then re-buy if it drops to it

Oh FUCk. We're about to nosedive

don't worry, you'll be able to see it very soon

HODL

HES

bear trap

PGE

I can't log in to my portfolio. Everything's goin good, right?

M

Bulls and bears are dying by the thousands in no man's land.

youtube.com/watch?v=hbw1pGUhG7Q

are food stocks officially in a bear market now?

> EAT
>BGS

you've assembled the obesity portfolio. snack hard my dude

kek

what the hell? If you are trying to long Americans being fat, go with pharm and loss fat quick schemes like Weight Watchers

alright lets start with the media first.

so im sure we can all agree that the media does not tell truths. they are entertainment whos income is dependent on viewers. this means that when faced with a choice between integrity and increased ratings, they will go for the increased ratings every time.

worse than this though, is how deeply intertwined the media is with our political establishment on both sides of the aisle. they are completely bought and paid for (especially since the election). this leads them to abandon any shred of credibility in exchange for political favors and power.

instead of informing people, the media is used for mass manipulation. they do this in a variety of ways. one way is through just general disinfo, being purposefully vague, or simply blacking it out. if people are unaware of the details, atleast in terms of normies, they will usually just give up entirely on understanding it.

for the non-droolers, this doesnt work and sometimes antagonizes them. for these types of people (most traders fall under this category), the media has another set of tools it uses. these are the COINTELPRO techniques that many /pol/acks have seen for years now. they use consensus breaking, controlled opposition, poisoning the well, simple reverse psychology etc... im sure being a channer, you are atleast somewhat familiar.

the way to use the media is simple. when you see high frequencies of these tactics, you know something is up. immediately disregard what they are telling you. instead ponder, "what are they trying to hide (sometimes its entirely unrelated), why is this lie being told to me, and who does this lie benefit?".

thinking in this way will allow you to socratically determine atleast the motive behind the disinfo. if you can ascertain that, then who it benefits is generally pretty simple to find out as well. then its just a matter of betting with or against them.

great porfolio brother

kek the fucking IMF just released a statement on how bad of a goy the don is being. this is all very fucking good news. they absolutely did NOT want him to do this. this is gonna be great.

how much adderall did you take today?

>IMF
that sounds incredibly Jewish.

source

fucking stocks man

That flat line is ominous.

You just spilled words but accomplished nothing. Now go to work and do real research then come back you drugie

SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCK

NOO MY BRKB

So basically bet against what the media is saying?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HODL

how much of a brainlet do you have to be to not realize its a joke

>pile of dirt in an empty lot that looks one foot high
>four visible people
>simply google uneeka brown, find other clearly satirical tweets

Newfag here, how do i start getting into stocks? Any required reading? Do I have to change degree/go back to college get into it, or is it something I can get into through reading, internet, and experience?

Because they want something to be mad about

put all your money in AMRS and enjoy your new lambo

Risk appetite (kek) is still high
Nobody wants your flight to safety memes now bro

>Any required reading?
No. Just buy DRYS, NAK, and BGFV then just worry about what color lambo you want

don't listen to Veeky Forums

That's all you need to know

I haven't opened my brokerage account today, is the recession over yet?

>up almost 100% on BPMX
thanks to whoever posted this a month or so ago, too bad i only had $15 to put in

go back to infinitychan nigger

Listen what Veeky Forums tell you
Why would complete anonymous, faceless people lie to you and make you lose money ?

>buy AMRS
>buy XON
>buy BGFV

why would I spend time looking up tchanakwah

Well my index fund is getting fucked.

I've lost 4,000 in the last 4 days

I lost $20k stop your whining.

indiscriminate diversification captures all growth and all losses.

GCAP is next lads, also the BPMX ship is still boarding.

effort posting is a lost art.
and fuck amphetamine. that shit ruins your goddamned head. ive seen normal people turn into borderline psychotics over several years of even taking it as prescribed.
are you kidding? look them up, you wont even believe it holy fuck. they are essentially a sovreign nation that IS a central bank. they are the third larges "country" behind US and UK in terms of holding physical gold. its a fucking joke that they are allowed to exist.
just heard it on CNBC
on to bonds.

this is something i just recently became aware of so bear with me here. "smart money" as they call it, trades bonds. i dont know fucking why because bonds suck, but i guess w/ huge positions its fine and much safer than equities.

generally bonds and equities have similar trends, when one is up, so is the other. however, the smart money is, well smarter, so generally big market moves are anticipated in the high yield corporate bonds (HYG JNK). if you see bonds tanking out of nowhere, be afraid (its not 100% and there are other factors, but yeah). if you see bonds moving in a completely different trend than equities for an extended period of time, then we 2008 again.

another thing to be aware of is an increase in "credit spreads". this is the difference between the yield rate of 10yr us treasury bonds and the yield of high yield corporate bonds. when you see this credit spread increasing more and more over time, again, we 2008 again.

there is a lot more you can do with these as indicators, but like i said i am simply learning this all for myself right now. hope i was able to be helpful

based options investor

Not even. Delta one futures.

Down about 6k realized vs 12 realized last month, this is still a good market

Rip DAX.
Why is Europe so useless.

I'm with you brother I just doubled down.

S

Oh I know. I already have bonds, crypto and that index fund. I keep thinking I should get into individual stocks as well.

nice driveby opinion nigger. someone asked me last thread what i do, and rather being a pajeet or a nigger about it i figured id give him a nice response. go choke on a cock faggot

FINALLY. I was able to log in. I'm only 1% down, what do you guys have that warrants all the screeching?

com on visa just go up 3 more dollars

1. Dont listen to Veeky Forums
2. Research potential investment by reading about quarterly earnings and profits of corporations
3. Know that the market is irrational and will knee jerk over the slightest detail (example, these announced tariffs, the interest rates going up, etc.)
4. Dont invest more than you can afford to lose

just be sure that they arent TRYING to make you bet against them (ie reverse psych)

Also how the everloving fuck is SNAP green?

Levered long position that is down from $25k unrealized to flat in 4 days.

I love being green when everyone is red lol. Same thing yesterday. Plus I got my dividend check from worthless F so I'm finally done with it forever.

I don't really plan on buying anything till I get a grasp on what I'm doing, but is there really no other way than going to school for it? I was originally going to a really good school of business, planning on majoring in finance, but I dropped out, but still have a good GPA. Is school where I can learn, or is everything in taught in school out there already and all I need to do is look?

There's more to it than that like charting and stuff right?