IQ

Highest IQ possible?

(Also, not an english speaker, do you ask which is the highest or what is the highest?)

Other urls found in this thread:

davidsongifted.org/db/Articles_id_10152.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not sure if there's a limit but there are occasionally people such as Newton, Ramanujan and myself who are over 200. IQ isn't a good predictor of success anyway.

by definition, there is no upper as well as lower limit on IQ

mine

/thread

take a look at john von neumann

he was probably the smartest person to ever live

his IQ was thought to be well over 200, and he was considered to be significantly smarter than newton, da vinci, and the other "supreme geniuses"

he also possessed a perfect eidicit memory and was capable of extremely complex mental computation that even calculators cannot perform quickly

too bad he spent his time inventing the computer instead of pursuing immortality and cancer treatments or he might still be alive.

well, mind uploading is kinda a way to achieve immortality you know. I bet John von Neumann had the idea, he just didn't have enough time to do it.

yeah its too bad he was born around the wartime period, he put a massive amount of time and effort on war/nukes/russians rather than advancing humanity

as for immortality, he was still limited by the technology of his time, so he wouldn't have gotten very far with that unless he invented the necessary technology as well (wouldnt put it past him lol)

I can report these threads all day

Wouldn't the upper limit of IQ equal to 100+(15*z) where z is the z-score equivalent to one person out of the entire human population?

I'm probably wrong but I reckon it to be 195.

1337 XDDDD

>smartest person to ever live
>not Ramanujan

>well, mind uploading is kinda a way to achieve immortality you know. I bet John von Neumann had the idea, he just didn't have enough time to do it.
The computer end of this is is decades, if not centuries away.
The biological end is so far away, we can't even tell if it's possible.
And in the end, all you'll have is an AI that's a reasonable approximation of you, and you'll still rot in your flesh prison until the sweet release of death.

>I'm probably wrong but I reckon it to be 195.
Supposedly the standard tests don't measure anything above 200 accurately.

I'm curious though, there are limits to what intelligence can accomplish, and the human species must also have some soft limits, but what about theoretical limits?
Is there a top end to "maximum intelligence"?
What if some entity were smart enough to solve ANY puzzle, smart enough to answer all of the universe's mysteries, smart enough to clear any intellectual hurdle?
Would it be possible for anything to be even smarter than that entity?

In answer to your grammar question, it would be "What is the highest IQ possible?" because you are posing a hypothetical, instead of referencing an existing set of IQ's.

>believes the "estimates" of historical figures
okay

>200 years from now
>conversation about the infamous Elon Musk
>"I heard he has an IQ of 200"

>eidetic memory
This is a survival function for babies and toddlers. An actual case in a healthy non-mentally challenged adult has never been confirmed. People have only "claimed" to have it.

>and myself
love you too user

I've linked journals and articles explaining this, and some idiots always joins in the conversation and claims:
>hurr but I knew a guy who could memorize parts of books and recite them perfectly
>durr but when I think I visualize a scene and can zoom in and out for details
>durr I know 100 places in pi

he didn't invent the computer. Von Neumann Architecture was miscredited to him.

this does not answer the question but is an interesting link

davidsongifted.org/db/Articles_id_10152.aspx

about kids with >170 iq

proper phrasing is "what is"

"which is" implies a decision between several known possibilities

"what is" is much more broad, and implies that there is only one possible correct answer

Wait. There has to be a lowest. I may not be the smartest dude here, but can it really go into the negatives?

if i understand the test right it is actually parabolic, so your score as you get dumber and dumber approaches 0 asymptotically. likewise there would be some sort of similar upper bound. with the dependent value being your percentile within the human population.

in that way IQ tests aren't so much a measure of how smart you are, but rather how rare you are