Let's talk about the Flat Earth. Don't send me to /x/

Let's talk about the Flat Earth. Don't send me to /x/.

I want to talk about the flaws with the theory and how to counter-argument them. Also for people who actually believe this theory that are now present on Veeky Forums, tell me why you believe in this theory.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proving_too_much
ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream
youtu.be/FmExYliUDDM
youtu.be/2TAd8PA7H1g
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2054284/Amazing-video-Earth-spinning-taken-International-Space-Station.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_circumnavigations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1 ) Where are the edges of the earth and why has nobody documented them with photos and videos ?

2 ) How do you explain the day/night cycle if the earth isn't a globe ? (and no circuar hovering sun doesn't explain it)

3 ) Where is the source of gravity and how does it effect everyone as if it's a spherical force ?

I know flat earthers are just satire but these 3 questions are never ever answered. You gotta step your game up if you wanna adapt to modern day tinfoiling

forget about that

assuming the earth is in fact flat how come south america, south africa and australia have the same constellations yet diferent from the ones that can be viewed from the "center"

>Let's talk about the Flat Earth.
Let's not.

Im more interested in this secret world-spanning community that has somehow kept the "flat-world" secret from the rest of us for...what is it now? 200 BC?

Also, why is Earth the only flat object in the universe?

Are pancakes not in our universe?

>

>He bumped this thread to post that.

I really want you faggots to die.

bump

Because reptilian Illuminati master Rothschild placed a fake moon above the earth to deceive us.

Because its obviously true. Do you just choose to be this stupid. Science is all fabricated.

>Omnidirectional circumnavigation
>Triple right triangle experiment
>Phases of the moon, as well as eclipses
>Belt of venus
>Angular velocity of the sun
>Ships sinking below the horizon
>The fact that you can literally fucking see satellites and whatnot on a clear night with no light pollution, and a good set of binoculars.
These fuckers love playing the sheeple/shill card, and calling NASA a load of bull, but they can never provide reasons as to why it is wrong, other than the fact that it disagrees with their "theory"

I'm thoroughly convinced that a majority of them are just trolls, though there are some christian fundamentalists who love preaching about it.

Proving too much fallacy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proving_too_much

try again

How so?

Did you read the article you linked? Or did you just read the title?

>you can literally fucking see satellites
And vice versa

ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream

inb4 "muh fisheye lense in a dive tank at secret nasa base"

A theory isn't just for explaining known phenomena. A good theory has to be able to make good predictions, or lead to other theories that make good predictions. Otherwise it's just a contraption of shallow made-ups that seems to connect with momental reality but collapse when the next thing come..

is he gonna be ok?

>Earth has Euclidian surface
You're just as dumb as the flat Earthers.

These fuckers don't believe in gravity, since they either don't understand it, or know that it disagrees with their pancake planet theory. They've come up with a few alternate explainations, all of which worse than the last. From density (things denser than air sink), electromagnetism (exactly what it sounds like), and an ascending disk, where the "planet" ascends upwards at 9.8 m/s, meaning that when you jump, you don't fall, but the disk rises to meet you.

He died :(

>the theory
>this theory
>this theory
Just what "theory" are you babbling about?
Some lunatic saying "Earth is flat" does not constitue anything like a theory.

>and an ascending disk, where the "planet" ascends upwards at 9.8 m/s, meaning that when you jump, you don't fall, but the disk rises to meet you.
but the disc would have to acclerate at 9.8 m/s2, not move at a constant speed.

Which is fucking stupid either way. That would mean all objects fall at the same rate regardless of air resistance. I'm pretty sure that would mean any sort of flight would be impossible as well.

No. If the acceleration of an object is > 9.8 m/s/s, then flight is possible.

Let me try to explain again. If we aren't traveling relative to earth (because relativity is a hoax) and the earth is traveling upwards and accelerating at 9.81m/s/s, then the plane or bird or whatever will have to be accelerating upwards faster than 9.81m/s/s, otherwise the earth will waffle stomp that muthafucker.

That's what he said you nugget. But I get what you mean. They acceleration of the object would have to instantaneously be greater 9.81m/s^2 otherwise upward travel would be the fevered dream of a madman

i dont think i quiet get your point
as far as i am aware, there is no difference between gravity pull and accleration

the bird/plane would simply ride the air that is pushed upwards by earth disc

see I meant this, sorry im tired.

but thats true in real life aswell.
If you wanna travel upwards, you damn sure have to acclearte faster than 9.81 m/s^2

That's not true. If you suddenly started accelerating slightly faster than gravity in the opposite direction, you would slowly rise.

and if you are on a disc that acclerates at 9.81, and you suddenly acclerate at t10, you would also rise.

but birds don't accelerate at t10 and I'm pretty sure it'd be impossible for them to do so therefore they aren't flying in a disc earth system accelerating upwards at 9.81m/s^2

they rest on the air that acclerates at 9.81, together with the earth disc. They only have to flap their wings slightly to acclearte with more than 9.81

That's once they're in the air. They'd have to instantly take off faster than 9.81m/s^2

they just jump

But we're operating under the assumption they aren't travelling relative to the earth so that wouldn't work

still, nobody can answer any of these ?

No, since a majority of flat earthers are just trolls, and of the ~10% that are being serious, 95% of them are just religious fundamentalists masquerading as actual scientists.

There is literally no evidence for it. It's an archaic myth that should have been left behind thousands of years ago.

>where the "planet" ascends upwards at 9.8 m/s

I've always found this one of their more entertaining hypothesises. You can point out the obvious issue, that you would quite quickly hit the speed of light. They then retort with relativity, where as you accelerate time passes slower, allowing a constant acceleration. You can then point out that all evidence of time dilation relies on the assumption of a Round Earth, but they tend to go quiet after that.

they can't even agree on how a "flat earth" works or looks

youtu.be/FmExYliUDDM
youtu.be/2TAd8PA7H1g
I believe in it because these are fire

Live on the coast, and watch a ship sail directly into the horizon, all the proof you need. The ship will appear to become shorter.

Meaning what?

The horizon alone can confirm the round earth.

The boats are being hidden by the curvature of the planet as they sail out to sea. A lot of flat earthers claim that they only do that because they reach the limit of our vision, and appear to "sink"(same excuse they use for their magic sub btw), and that the effect can be eliminated by looking out to sea with a telescope or binoculars, but, as always, they're just bullshitting.

fuckin kek

thats dumb cause u can feel your blood pressure drop

You would be able to see boats from the beach for miles without end if it were flat. Because of the Earth being round, at a certain point the boat or better yet ship will not be seen as of actual observation right now. All we'll see is water.

Bullshit. We can see stars for crying out load and even so, night is still an option for use of some scope to enhance vision.

>Where are the edges of the earth and why has nobody documented them with photos and videos
the edges can't be approached by boats or planes because the gravity decreases drastically the closer you get and no body of land has formed that far out, NASA hasn't taken pictures of it to keep people believing in the 'round earth' idea

>How do you explain the day/night cycle if the earth isn't a globe ? (and no circular hovering sun doesn't explain it)
obviously there are two suns on opposite sides, and they orbit very close to the earth so they only shine on one section at a time

>Where is the source of gravity and how does it affect everyone as if it's a spherical force?
since the earth is flat the gravity is almost uniformly distributed until one begins approaching the edge, but of course you can't get close enough to feel the difference

All I see is a ton of assumptions and pseduo science

1.) You can place 2 marked poles 20 miles apart and count how many markings you can see. Less markings = higher curvature.

2.) You can see when boats sail over the horizon.

3.) Moon is round. Sun is round. Stars are round. Other planets are round.

4.) Matter is space would only collect in a 3D form, not a 2D form; 2D planet formation wouldn't make any sense.

5.) Photos

6.) Satellites

7.) Airplanes

8.) You can travel around the world in every conceivable direction perpendicular to the ground.

9.) Where is the edge?

10.) Muh conspiracy = No evidence to support a counter claim.

>no, earth is a circle
>no, earth is a globe
>no, earth is a circle
>no, earth is a globe

What if earth was a glome? A 4-D sphere.

1. caused by uneven terrain
2. caused by differences in water height
3. same flat side of moon is always facing us, sun and stars is too small to tell if also flat
4. affirming the consequent -> matter could form flatly with no difference
5. lies
6. lies
7. lies
8. affirming the consequent -> could be travelling flatly with no difference
9. at the edge
10. religiously believes majority opinion -> conspiracy is an opinion that is not held by the majority

>1. caused by uneven terrain
You can test it on even terrain

>2. caused by differences in water height
How would that make sense?

>3. same flat side of moon is always facing us, sun and stars is too small to tell if also flat
Granted, but what about the other planets?

>4. affirming the consequent -> matter could form flatly with no difference
Yes there is. In 3D space, items in zero gravity collect from all angles.

>5. lies
Denialism

>6. lies
Denialism

>7. lies
Denialism

>8. affirming the consequent -> could be travelling flatly with no difference
You would run into the edge

>9. at the edge
Again: Where

>10. religiously believes majority opinion -> conspiracy is an opinion that is not held by the majority
That's not English, try again please.

>1. caused by uneven terrain
No, you can just find a even stretch of land and get the same result

>2
Why would water have a "height difference" on a flat Earth?

And there's still no edge.

I contest.
I am not a flat earth conspiracist. However.

IF - so being theoretical, no un ideological facts are relative - the world was found to be relatively flat on the surface.

the answer would simply change to. ALL science factually supports this being true. And the information was construed, misinterpreted and via propaganda spread.
The fact is, YOU cannot say that science defies it, or that it defies logic. Because of it turned to be real, then You would say, OH. And realizing that that is the truth forces you to acknowledge how much you know is actually 100% an fact and that you are not deluded.

THAT IS
Flat Earth Society.
they laugh at the bigots of earth.

hate for atheists. hate for womanizers. hate for sluts who enable womanizers.
atheism glorifies the perspectives of corrupt politicians, lazy boyfriends, bigots and morons subliminally, passively and Actively.
all scriptures refer to atheists as the walking dead Secular
Apocalypse=zombie apocalypse.
tyrannical, raiding, perverted, cannibal herpes bigotry**

the point is. You say, "what about this or that." and the answer is. They simply lied about the mechanics.
varying mechanics explain it "logically" ~~ is the thesis

you can't argue about how unaware you actually can be.

Lied about what mechanics?

Mountains aren't flat

Sure we've photographed the Earth from space but from the side a 4d sphere would appear to be a normal sphere. Has anyone ever published a photo of the Earth poles from outer space? You can't deny that's a little strange. A little conspiracyish.

It's well known that there isn't any satellite far enough from earth to get a full picture of the planet. All the images we have are composites, which are just multiple images take from multiple angles, and stitched into a single picture. Iirc, there are a handful of full body images of the earth, but only of one side.

These flat earth nutters love pointing thsi fact out, as if it's news or something. They completely disregard all the low orbit images and footage we have of the planet

>pic related. Not a flat earther, just giving an example of multiple composites that exist of the planet.

Flat earthers say its all a lie.

Point out some fact that could only be true if the world was round, and they'll say it's just a Jew/reptilian/Illuminati conspiracy

I think the DSCOVR takes full-earth photos.
The EPIC(love the acronyms they use) has a FOV of 0.61 and the earths diameter is between 0.45 and 0.53.
Now, all of those numbers comes from NASA and NOAA, so if someone for some reason find them very un-trustworthy(cant really understand why one would do that, desu) then there isn't really that much you could to to convince them otherwise
TL,DR: Crazy gonna cray

Someone please answer this already

colonist lies

>if someone for some reason find them very un-trustworthy(cant really understand why one would do that, desu)

The only reason why they disregard NASA is because they provide direct proof that the planet is round, so it must be vilified at all cost. I have yet to see them give a viable explaination as to why NASA is fake. Hell, they can't even explain the satellites you can see from the ground.

The sky is just a painting, made by God.

>The only reason why they disregard NASA is because they provide direct proof that the planet is round, so it must be vilified at all cost. I have yet to see them give a viable explaination as to why NASA is fake. Hell, they can't even explain the satellites you can see from the ground.
I have actually had a discussion with someone who was all into the whole "NASA-NEVER A STRAIGHT ANSWER!!/ALWAYS LIES"-idea, yet he could not point out a single example of them actually being caught lying. As in "Yeah, we faked that probe" or "heh, no space station, sorry". And the funny thing was, that the bigger lack of evidence of lies he had, the more certain he was that there was some kind of conspiracy going on. That was the point where I gave up

but you can see whats above the sky when you fly with an airplane :\

The airplanes are lies, user. And all the people who make them are part of it. And the people who fly them. And all the passengers too. Have you ever flown in a plane? Or looked at the sky and seen a plane fly over? NO YOU HAVEN'T! STOP LYING, user!

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2054284/Amazing-video-Earth-spinning-taken-International-Space-Station.html

tard

> dailymail
i mean i'm not a flat earth troll or anything but if you wanna prove a point, never ever cite dailymail.

The easiest way to disprove flat earth bullshit is the fact that if you go in any direction long enough, you end up back where you started.

kek

Now that I think about it, circumnavigation on a disk would require you to make constant adjustments to your course, as you are sailing on the equator, which is a big circle on the flat earth map, rather than a straight line as it really is. Plus, you'd only be able to circumnavigate east to west, or vice versa.

Have there ever been any North to south circumnavigations? If so, that pretty much demolishes the while theory

Nobody has ever done that tho

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_circumnavigations

Sad thing is, if anyone did(or have done, i dunno) that, and documented it, you could bet your ass that Flatties would come up with some weird ass theory as to why.
>Wormholes
>dark matter-storm
>wizardry
>the gentle space-turtle somehow sending them back

and ofc
>they were all part of the world-wide secret conspiracy and all the documentation is fabricated by lizards and Illuminati

They wouldn't need a weird theory, they'd just say it was an atheist jew lie. Like they always do.

The more and more I learn about this "theory" and its legitimate supporters, the more I support the idea of systematic genocide of anyone with an IQ lower than 80.

I don't even know what this is trying to say.

Antartica is the edge.
I don't know but I saw a video explaining it if you want the link
>beleiving in meme physics such as """"""gravity"""""""

I'm not even a flat earther but gravity is a jewish myth, it's electro magnetism

But that's a mutation you fucking retard.

That or it had an accident.

NO DON'T SEND THEM TO US

It's like I came here to escape this shit but it always finds me

Yeah that makes zero sense. He said straight.

>you'd actually know if you were going 100% straight over that distance

my guy

Point boat or plane in one direction, don't change it.