REQ

*Year: 2025*

"Grandpa, why didn't you buy REQ in 2018 when it went sideways at $0.30 for 2 months? 1 REQ token is now worth $250... You were there. You had the opportunity? You must feel kinda stupid?"

What will you say user?

Here have 10,000 LINK instead billy. Can't believe you can buy so much for $1 these days.

I would have committed suicide by then

Because I bought at 3 cents sonny

If I become a grandpa by then when I haven't even had kids yet then I'll have more concerns than a stupid req coin.

You already have kids. You have just never realised.

Honestly though. I'm asking this question to myself if REQ would hypothetically go to $250 in 2020 and then crash to $1 very gradually from 2020 to 2025

Would I be even able to hold it until it reaches $250 or would I panic sell?

And If I held it until $250 would I sell it or still be too greedy and waiting for it to moon even harder?

Would I sell it after it drops for a year or think it's just a small drop and keep holding it all the way to $1?

These are genuine concerns since it's inevitable that REQ will rise but maybe the cryptobubble will genuinely collapse in a couple of years.

This.

Assholes think they're clever for buying at the fucking height rn.

so many people fucking new to this

The first rule of crypto is HODL and delete blockfolio. It gets a lot better from there.

question regarding staking, the ETHanon wasn't larping!!! WE ARE ALL GONNA MAKE IT IN 2020

>2025
>grandpa
Wtf I'm 21 and have no kids.

>so many people fucking new to this
That's why it's still clever for buying at the fucking height rn
t. bought at ICO, below ICO and at .27

Worst fucking advice ever. I'd have 10% of what I have today if I did that. Fucking brainlets.

I honestly didn't believe him until I saw that lol. ETHanon convinced me to go all-in

THis

Only if it’s not shit

Wait what else did he say?

Has he said anything else?

Your wife's children's child

He bought 10k ETH early on and posted a screenshot of Veeky Forums FUDding ETH when it crashed to $7. He said the same thing is happening with REQ

times like these, i wish I knew my kid

He had 10k ETH and was an oldfag saying he was screenshotting REQ FUD to bully people in 2020 when REQ is worth hundreds of dollars a pop like he did with ETH (He showed ETH screenshots from 2016 when people were FUDing it).

He said he had direct contact with the REQ team and that they would answer the question of staking today as proof that he was not larping. Which they did.

Is he coming back with more info? And also have a link to the thread? Sorry on phone in class lol

dude...the question was in the ama and had a few upvotes. ofc it was gonna be answered.

That’s the case for almost all the questions in the ama thing

which strengthens my argument. they were almost all answered.

The difference is that Request Network was actually hinting towards it being an option in Q2. He was on something here.

I stand by my original assessment, staking makes no sense for Request and if they're seriously discussing it I'm starting to doubt the team's expertise.
It's like asking about the use of nuclear power on F1 cars

Well I guess you’re right as always Chad. Let us have our fun

Let's imagine for a moment that ETHanon wasn't a larper and has a large amount of REQ. Of course he would want to have staking options for that large amount so he contacts the REQ team asking them about staking and they give him a view of "what's to come" in Q2 so that he will keep his large bag of REQ instead of dumping it.

Then he comes here and starts telling us about the potential staking. I mean it kinda makes sense as staking gives incentives to big whales to just "lock" those tokens and not dump them on the market of manipulate prices etc.

But maybe you're right and he was just lucky or something.

ETHanon was larping because he never showed proof he bought all those ETH. Fuckign LMAO everyone that has bags in a cion says their coin is the next ethereum or neo

I get that you seek validation for your investment in REQ, but you really shouldn't need it. REQ is a great investment imo (which is why I'm 90% in) and has a great team. If they suceed at only a fraction of what they try to achieve we are all gonna be fucking rich.

And the update today was the most bullish indicator imo. Especially

1) Big partnership announcement in Q1 (!)
2) YC connections will soon have something to show as they said
3) Still tied to ING Bank

Yeah some other user said that the reason they aren't officially affiliated with ING bank is because ING bank was barred by their government to have any links with cryptocompanies or something like that.

bullish as fuck.

He used the "Staking option will be added to REQ" as proof that he at least has contact with the REQ team. I personally believe him but maybe you're right. REQ is still an amazing project though.

I think he did? Can't find the thread. But it doesn't matter because I went all in way before I saw his posts.

Explain this: what is the point of the token? The token´s purpose is forced into the software and feels unnatural. It was only placed there as a fundraiser for the team.

It covers the cost of the transactions mate-o. Chap. Pal.

If I did that from the start I'd have held my 200 BTC from 2011.

Why shouldnt I be able to pay for the transaction in usd or whatever currency I want to? Even just a flat percentage of the currency I´m sending would make more sense

in theory that's what you're doing
it goes through kyber to buy REQ tokens then they get burnt

But thats exactly it. The percentage is used to buy req and burn it.

The existence of the REQ token just seems like an unnecessary extra step in an otherwise useable payment system

the existence of PayPal seems like an unnecessary step in monetary transactions
Why not just type in your credit card info? or not even that, just do a bank transfer

Shut up with your logic and buy our bags

incentive for developers of dapps as a form of funding from the request foundation

Because PayPal makes the payment process simpler just as Request Network will. I´m merely pointing out that the token-usage is an unnecessary step in the process and seems forced into the system.

The token was added so the developers had a way to raise funds for the project. Request Network could easily manage without the token.

Users have absolutely no incentive to hold the token other than hoping it rises in value.

>no incentive to hold other than hoping it rises
you've described every single crypto m8

It's fun to dream, huh OP.

Can one of you niggas explain the token burn to me? Where are the tokens that are going to be "burnt" stored if you can't burn tokens that people own? How big is the token pool to burn from?

If there are 640 million tokens now, what is the burn rate? When will that number halve? What happens when all the tokens are burnt?

Thanks for a constructive comment. Even though this might be a potential use case for the token it´s a stretch to assert that this justifies its existence.

Kek

every scamcoin
only hold coins with a use case

I completely agree. Most tokens/coins don´t have any intrinsic value, although a few actually do.

I'm not sure man, let's hope somebody answers.

>only hold coins with a use case
kek
the biggest coin doesn't even have a usecase and you think random shitcoins do?
>but Bitcoin is a currency
yeah a currency that can buy donkey dick

It's a store of value like gold

>store of value
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
that's not enough for a use case m8
gold actually has a use in a ton of shit

>1) Big partnership announcement in Q1 (!)

"Bank of Bangladesh" preliminary pilot study, kek

>2) YC connections will soon have something to show as they said

That was actually my question in the AMA. I wanted to find out what YC involvement actually means. They were a little vague on that.

Bitcoin´s primary usage as of today is acting as a gateway between fiat and other cryptos. This is slowly being phased out as other cryptos (e.g. eth) is taking over this use case.

Bitcoins only value is its brand.

and if REQ's ideas are fully implemented you'll be able to buy every coin directly with fiat
BTC will be 100% worthless at that point

>this post
genuinely cant tell if you're a retard or trolling

Yes, this MAY be the case. I can understand why the project is hyped up, but it does still not justify the token´s existence.

Good questions, I really don't know, I'm in waiting for an answer as well

I like request network as a concept, but i share your reservations regarding token utility. Anons were talking in another thread about how the fee-burning (and consequent rise in value of the dev's tokens) means that they can operate as a not-for-profit and undercut competitors. I'm not so sure regulators will agree that speculating on an increase in value of the monopoly money your company issued is "not-for-profit" but we will see.

fucking regulators ruining everything

It is there so that the team can claim they are a non-profit and make 0 profit (because they take the profit from the increasing of the token price) so that they can guarantee to have lower fees than the competition. Meaning REQ can guarantee that they'll always have the lowest fees on the entire market.

ahahahah so nice that you bought at 3 cents for your fucking pocket change, who the fuck cares when you deploy your massive stacks at a token maybe even 10x times the price you paid, the profit will be enornmous and you only left with +10k

The Request Network team itself IS a nonprofit though and technically they will have to abide themselves by the nonprofit rules such as transparancy and it's also the reason they are called the "Request Network Foundation".

Technically the REQ tokens are worth nothing because Request Network itself is not giving any money for it that is all a secondary market buying and selling REQ tokens. Legislation can't do anything about this except outlaw the trade in tokens in general.

why the fuck are you responding to yourself

who the fuck on this board is going to be a grandpa in 2025?

REQ $10 end of month

Only dubs can confirm.

let me check this for you

>Token gets burnt
>Token value goes up
>Amount burnt goes down
>Scale for the next thousand years until you're out of all decimals

Nice b8 here’s your you

That's fud.
$100 EoY