Let's try a little something

Let's try a little something.
Post local food you think will disgust foreigners.
Pic related, pork stew with pig blood AKA Dinuguan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_UBhKNHu1X4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ñachi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surströmming#Controversy
youtube.com/watch?v=TTpUQ3Zn-mY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichinosis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

poutine is the shit

waht's that made of?

cheese curds and gravy on top of french fries
not particularly good for you but cheap and delicious

Hey, aslong as it's food I'll eat it
Goddamnit said as the poorfag I am

Here ya go. From Bavaria.

in Poland it's called literally ''guts''

Pic related, chocolate pudding with pig blood* AKA Sanguinaccio. I means "bad little blood thing."

>* used to be, anyway
>pork blood is illegal to sell now ):

oh man that sounds delicious
shame blood is illegal in your country/area now.

What is it with you guys and pig's blood?

With love from Norway.

it's great with pork stew, even with guts.
and it's not just with pork. goose guts is great with blood, especially when paired with vodka or rum.

that looks delicious, 10/10 would eat

HELP

It's illegal to sell it. Like... on its own. If you buy a whole hog or piglet, you can ask the abattoir to collect the blood for you. Nowadays, people usually only make it in February when we buy whole pigs for barbecue but when I was a kid, you could have it year round.

why are they pale as shit

Explain.

There isnt any nitrite added to it like other sausages.

Haggis while served like that looks kinda weird, even worse is trying to describe it to someone, "you know, you take sheeps stomach and stuff it with oats, chopped offal and liver".
This said its actually great food.

youtube.com/watch?v=_UBhKNHu1X4

I tried to explain it to locals here in Scotland and they were terrified. Funny thing how the name changes perception, because they have something like that here, its called the tripe soup and some country folks are hardcore enough to eat it.

Are they boiled?

Implying any type of polish food is appealing. All of it is fucking greasy as fuck, no colours and just very hard on your liver. Meh.

reticulum from beef stomach macerated overnight in wine and vinegar, covered in breadcrumbs and fried, then baked. Serve with potatoes and a sauce of diced eggs, mustard and oil.

Menudo. It's a soup of beef tripe and hominy. My family adds pigs feet as well. It's so spicy and delicious.

Looks great.

May as well post the classic.

Black Pudding, a sausage of blood, oats and herbs.

Absolutely fantastic.

its a filipino pork stew with pork blood in it

its pretty good if made well, but can get irony and funny if over cooked

Blood pudding is the original "too hardcore for burgers" food.

Why we have a fucking aversion to blood I'll never know.

>thin gravy, probably some instant package bullshit
>fries will get soggy

canadian "cuisine", no thanks

now this i would actually try. doesnt look half bad.

confirmed good, but only in the intended way. eat them with sweet mustard and bretzel.

that sounds like an amazing pairing desu.

a little too hardcore for me

i'd eat it desu. you guys eat the stomach, too, or just the filling?

looks good, dk about the texture tho..

im down for that.

this looks fantastic.
honestly in Germany theres not much "disgusting" shit I can think of.. maybe blood sausage? but to me thats delicious

this shit is called "aspikwurst" and its the most vile, disgusting shit imagineable. sour, shitty jelly texture, low quality meats used, fucking hard boiled egg or canned veg, just a complete -10/10.

We get a lot of Japanese and American tourists up in the Lake District and they always have a little point and giggle over the blood pudding.

The Japs are sweet, but they've got this weird thing about fruit skins too, we always get them coming up with an apple or an orange asking for us to either wash it or peel it for them.

Is that broiled lamprey? Looks good.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ñachi

>i'd eat it desu. you guys eat the stomach, too, or just the filling?
Just the filling, the stomach it just a shell to keep it together while boiling. Served with mashed potatoes, turnip and pepper or whisky sauce is actually great, tasty food, and it could look good too. Btw, I'm not scottish and still I love this stuff.

What is it about japanese and peeling apples i wonder?

>The Japs are sweet, but they've got this weird thing about fruit skins too, we always get them coming up with an apple or an orange asking for us to either wash it or peel it for them

Japanese, especially the older generations, are under this impression that other nations might not have as high of food safety standards, and worry about produce, meats, and sometimes water quality. That's partly why they are so often seen ordering ateaks well-done, want produce peeled, and prefer to drink bottled water.

Does the dead baby enhance the final dish or is it just a garnish?

Honestly, haggis is pretty tame by any standard; it's nothing more than overgrown sausage. I really can't imagine anyone from anywhere who'd be disgusted by it.

Hope you like balls

fruit in japan is also wholly different

example: grape skins are really fucking hard and thick, so they don't eat them. dk about their apples desu familia

Made from pork intestine and stomach.
>tfw living in the country of AAAAA

Looks pretty tasty desu

If you have the guts to handle the smell, it is. It is the meat I'll never stop to eat.

Asian people usually are repelled by raclette or fondue.

Any of the greasy, sugary, unknown substance shit.
Burgerstan here

>>thin gravy, probably some instant package bullshit
>>fries will get soggy
>canadian "cuisine", no thanks
it's astounding how fucking stupid you are

Holy crap that would give some people nightmares. I want to see people eating this next to vegans.

I could eat this but only with plenty of booze on the side.

It occurred to me a while ago that Italian Beef isn't really a thing outside of Chicago.

I'll be the first to admit that this shit is a messy clusterfuck of juices and grease but that's basically on purpose and it's fucking delicious.

This one's actually pretty common across latin america but it tends to gross out americans really easily.
Just chicken soup with the chicken feet included.

Not only does it look like trash and is named after trash, it is a calorie bomb

Chicago sure knows how to do it

Do places outside the US have nachos? If so you fags are missing out

>>that shit
>>nachos
You're objectively wrong

Our dear corsican friends eat the casgiu merzu (which literally means "rotten cheese"), which is a cheese filled with worms.

your daily reminder that shit was invented when some yokel forgot about his cheese while making it, and instead of throwing it away he ate it and convinced everyone that it was delicious.

>dinuguan

i actually cooked that shit, is woke af with rice.

pinoy food is god-tier, so fucking good for you(r soul)

I bet you guys wouldn't eat an alien rock

funny you never see any actual pictures of chicago dogs on here, just magazine googled shit. show me one that fits in the bun and is real and I will accept it.

poor alien rock

how do u eat alien rocks

I dunno what you mean, they usually don't "fit" in the bun

pic is from my old haunt

what is eating the legs like?
you just eat around the bones?

I mean exactly that, that doesn't fit in the bun. and actually looks terrible and nothing like the meme posters make it out to be.

holy fuck not to mention that that dog is charred to a fucking crisp. I hope you sent that back, you WILL get cancer later on if you eat that. 100%

ITS DELICIOUS

ur delicious

another fun fact, there is no mention of cancer in any ones history until shit food was introduced by FF corporations. Cancer will be the next mass extinction event. It is something that was produced, but is not curable, yet people donate money to cancer fund raisers. The only cure to cancer is prevention in the first place but the FDA has taken care of that, every one will die of cancer in the next 300 years leaving our planet barren.

OR we are all just being experimented on like in the x files. trying to find a cure for something that happend in 1947. But in the end fails hard. so we all ded anyway desu.

salo. Pork belly lightly cured with salt, eaten raw.

it;s called a char dog, it's meant to be like that

Snake soup, perhaps?

Pickled chicken feet

Reminds me of this little fucker.

Australia confirmed shit

Anybody up for some SURSTRÖMMING?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surströmming#Controversy

delikat

that thing screams "inferiority complex with the USA" : the meal.

I'd try it, but damn, chocolate+blood sounds like a "1000% daily cholesterol intake" kind of sweet poison

this looks good
mine is probably bailut, but it's easy to make them looks delicious

meh, I'm french but many people posted tripes already.
I guess I can go with memefood like snails, frogs, horse or donkey. Rabbit too.less and less people like rabbit for some reason.

fucking swedecucks fuck fuck you made me remember the smell you fuck rot in hell like those fishes do

Blood has no fat and therefore no cholesterol. It's caloric make-up comes entirely from protein.

>it's caloric make-up
its^^

>putting snail and frogs in the same category as horse and rabbit

Also, how the fuck is horse and rabbit meat particularly French?

raw minced pork, spread on a bun
best served with freshly chopped raw onions, black pepper, and maggi

for some reason most foreigners (and even some germans) find the idea of eating raw pork extremely disgusting. i don't understand that, it's delicious.

>eating raw pork

Can confirm this. The Belgian and Dutch do it also. When Australians and Americans saw me and my Belgian colleague eat Mettbrötchen in Spain they were going insane.

>OMG, won't you get sick and die from this?
>Raw meat is disgusting
>How does one survive this? Isn't that super dangerous?

We just lel'ed at them and told them that people have been eating raw pork mince for a really long time. I've never gotten sick of it, ever. And it's also delicious as fuck.

i dont really understand the fear and disgust
i know people who are perfectly fine with raw beef (carpaccio and tartare, and medium rare steak) but the idea of eating raw pork terrifies them

It's fine. I've got a stomach bug from eating rare tartare before, but never from eating raw pork. You should give it a try. It tastes pretty nice, especially if it's well seasoned with lots of black pepper, salt and raw onions. Obviously it's best on crunchy German rolls (Brötchen). It's much worse on any non-white non-crusty bread. Baguette would also work as a good alternative.

We have this program in Norway which is about Americans with Norwegian ancestors coming to Norway to learn about our traditions and stuff.

There was one episode they had to eat Smalahove.

youtube.com/watch?v=TTpUQ3Zn-mY

I've had Weisswurst a couple of times. Theyre just a boiled white sausage, they taste alright. I don't think they'd really disgust anyone who would normally eat a sausage.

Here in Sweden people are afraid of Trichinosis.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichinosis

How common is this? Like would have most Norwegians eaten this at least once? What percentage would have had it more than ten times?

How about some intestines and grains mashed together? Its not bad at all but it looks like shit.

I never ate that but I have eaten sausage boiled with tomato sauce as it's something people eat here.
It's ok, not really good just completely bland

I never eat tripe because I hate pumpkin and here it's prepared as a pumpkin soup

I would not only eat that but I would pick it up, give it a kiss and bite the lips off
I heard too many great things about face to pass on