this.

Cheese pie is pie, cheesecake is cake.

its both

It's a tart

This is actually the closest answer.

Also I made a cheesecake yesterday.

that is an impressive looking cake

>Is cheesecake a cake or a pie?
Technically it's cake. It has flour in it. A good NY style cheesecake is fluffy mealy like a cake, one of the most amazing textures to ever lay on ones tongue to melt and soothe the soul as a comfort food should. It's a pie too, where you can prebake and set the crust, or almost a custard, requiring a bain marie to prevent egg from cooking too fast, from curdling, and setting gently.

>American cheesecake is the only cheesecake

Peach + blueberry is truly a patrician combo.

Who the fuck puts flour in cheesecake? It's a cheese custard and has nothing to do with leavened cakes with flour

>Who the fuck puts flour in cheesecake? It's a cheese custard and has nothing to do with leavened cakes with flour
Sorry, meant to say cornstarch.

for all in-tents porpoises, it's a pie.

are tarts not simply variations of a pie though?

>mealy
>NY style
nigga wut? the smooth texture is by definition what makes it new york style

Are you not simply a variation of a tart though?

Thank you.
There's also banana in the filling.

Cheesecake is too rich for me to want more than like two bites.

Fuck fudge for the same reason.

it has a crust so its a pie. Cakes dont have crust.

It's a go' cake you pleeb

Its bliss.

that looks like a muffin, isnt cheesecake supposed to be white? Do people really put fruit on theirs I've never seen or heard of that being done. looks like it'd be fun to try

it's a cheese

It's not a no bake recipe, so it's slightly brown once the eggs have gotten to temp.

There's fruit because plain gets boring. Mashable stuff like banana and pumpkin mix in with the batter well and berries and slicable fruit make good toppings.

If you really want to try it I'd be glad to post the recipe.

Cheesecake is really just a pie. It's also incredibly easy to make, I don't know how people fuck them up and get all those cracks and shit that I see online.

Source: I'm a professional baker

The ones I've seen with cracks are usually from baking too hot and refrigerating before cooking. They still taste good, but look like shit.

>The ones I've seen with cracks are usually from baking too hot and refrigerating before cooking.

also from over-mixing

>refrigerating before cooking

Why would anyone do this

your mom's a tart

In Germany we differenciate cake and pie mainly by the way they're made:
A pie already contains most ingredients needed when it's going in the oven.
(except for things like glaze or something like that)
While Cakes are usually finished by adding fillings and decorations after baking.

Considering this a cheesecake would have to be a pie.

And i don't really know about the use of the term "tarte" in the english language but in french it really means nothing other that pie too.

Lmao! Great one, pal

Can you post it please?

Two packs of cream cheese
Half cup sugar
Two eggs
Two cups of fruit
Pinch of clove
Pinch of nutmeg
Teaspoon of cinnamon. Grind it fresh if possible

Mix it all together by hand. LikeSaid, do it by hand. If you use a mixer it turns the cream cheese to liquid and it makes it shitty. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. It takes longer than that but that's where you should start watching it.

Once the edges start turning brown it's ready. It should puff up like a muffin because the egg whites are solidifying. Then put it in the fridge for a few hours then serve.

I'm american so that word carries no weight as an insult

mice ome, amom