Veeky Forums I value your input on a logic problem

Veeky Forums I value your input on a logic problem.

What conclusion follows from the premise, "I've run out of meaningful things to think about."

Aw shit I just realized this pic says "Move" instead of "Glide." Not sure if I can laugh at it anymore.

Therefore, I've run out of meaningful things to think about. Tautology.

That's useless because it doesn't make the thought go away. Trying to avoid magical thinking here.

Apples

Wait, is the conclusion "being done" independent of you?

By construction it can't matter. Getting emotional about the premise wouldn't change its conclusion in any logical capacity. At least I think it wouldn't.

but if the "I" is whomever is considering the conclusion, then surely the statement would itself be meaningless outside of a personal, subjective context

Or yeah, it doesn't matter. After burning through all the logically meaningful things to think about, you'd just end up burning through all the personally/emotionally meaningful things to think about. With both dimensions of thought collapsed it creates a pretty hard problem.

So your conclusion would be, "What a meaningless thought," or thereabouts?

Any conclusions would only exist in a subjective context, but since the subject has "ran out of meaningful things to think about" then surely their can't be conclusions, because the subject would then have something to think about?

>something to think about
The premise itself is something to think about, but we don't know in advance of a conclusion whether or not it's a meaningful premise to consider. There must be a conclusion simply because the thought can be formulated, we just don't know if that chain of thoughts will be meaningful or not.

Nothing because you've already accepted the fact that even reaching a conclusion is meaningless if you include "conclusion" in the category of meaning.

But if the subject COULD consider the premise then they WOULD have meaningful things to think about

Maybe it can only have sympathetic/vicarious conclusions?

>reaching a conclusion is meaningless
Well yes, conclusions mean something, but either that meaning is meaningful or it isn't, supposedly. It may be that there's a space between meaningful and not that I just don't understand yet. Might call it pseudomeaning or something.

And note that
>that meaning is meaningful or it isn't
I'm taking meaningful things to possess something more than just "meaning." Everything has meaning in some sense, but when that sense involves sky wizards or something nonsensical, it's not really a very meaningful premise.

Is this just a problem of "meaningful" being underspecified?
>sympathetic/vicarious conclusions
Expand on that. I'm not sure what you're getting at there.

I have things to talk about that are not meaningful.

I mean someone else could possibly reach conclusions regarding the statement being true of some subject

Think about how/why you've run out of meaningful things to think about

>I need your input
>I want your input
>I value your input
This is the chain of phrasings I went through while drafting the OP, if that helps.

I'm still not sure how meaningful this premise is.
Oh, of course. I guess it's only an unsolvable problem in the subject's internal capacity then?
Ohhh, good approach. That might yield something.

It is a conclusion, not a premise. And logically there is no necessity for meaningfulness in either premises, warrants or conclusions.

>conclusion, not a premise
That makes a level of sense too I guess.

>Is this just a problem of "meaningful" being underspecified?
yup

>meaningful

Subjective term.

Logic is not at issue here.