What do you guys order when getting sushi?

what do you guys order when getting sushi?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2768117/Sushi-lover-s-entire-body-left-riddled-tapeworm-parasites-eating-contaminated-sashimi.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

California roll with ketchup

depends on mood, but 1 thing i must have is japanese mayonnaise. they taste good with sushi

Salmon avocado rolls.
Cooked salmon onigiri.
Sometimes a piece of inarizushi.

That's what I usually get when I go to my local sushi restaurant.

Nigiri like in OP's pic or a chirashi bowl are great but more expensive so I don't get it often.

Sashimi.

>go with friend for sushi
>he says he loves sushi and gets it often
>he orders abomination rolls with all sorts of assorted crap, barely any fish if any at all
>they're actually more expensive than real sushi, one he got was $13 a roll, inb4 elitists say that isn't expensive
>rolls are falling apart monstrosities so massive you can't eat them in one bite
>he also doesn't like ginger
>just stare at him

I usually get sashimi, not the kind with rice preferably just the raw fish slices. Rolls are alright too. Yellowtail roll with scallions, or anything just essentially fish in rice with nori and rolled up.

Monkey brain is my favorite. (Not actual brain)

>eating raw fish
dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2768117/Sushi-lover-s-entire-body-left-riddled-tapeworm-parasites-eating-contaminated-sashimi.html

People get tapeworm from everything, what's your point?

>eating anything at all in China

>debunked on Snopes

(((Snopes)))

>doesn't know how tapeworms work

Any way, we're getting off track.

For me, it's the Mchicken.

I never really went to an upscale sushi place, but to a more casual places where you don't pay for individual items and instead just get a few courses with X ammount of sushi or other dishes.

I'll try to at least get the Unagi, and then just get a good mix of what looks interesting.

Anyone else here not really bother with the wasabi? I don't really get what it adds flavor wise.

(((you)))

Unagi rolls are my favorite.

It's not actual wasabi anyway, just horseradish with food coloring. I don't touch the shit. Sliced ginger is fantastic though, especially fresh. nom nom nom.

Dragon roll to put the power of the dragon inside my body!

A bit boring maybe but I really like the salmon sushi OP has in the picture. That with a good bunch of wasabi and soy.

Not that I turn my nose to other types but that's definitely my favorite.

Maybe not where you go.

anything with eel, if it's a good place soft-shelled crab, and classic salmon and tuna like your pic user

My favorites are:
Sea urchin
Scallops
Squid
Octopus
Eel
Fatty Tuna

I usually just get omakase though desu

In sashimi, the combination of it and soy sauce are supposed to elevate the flavor of the fish. Basically the equivalent of salt and pepper.

Philadelphia roll, i love cream cheese

>Goes to sushi place that serves "monster rolls"
>Gets triggered when orders said rolls
>Judges "friend" based on their order
>Complains about it to strangers on the internet.

You sound like a really shitty """"""""""friend""""""""""
People probably don't like being around you.

There is no sushi place around here, in a major city, that doesn't serve abominations. Even if you take nyc point to me one place that doesn't serve that kind of junk.

I use friend very loosely.

I'm not taking out a loan to eat some fucking japanese barfood.

If he's not really a friend then stop calling him that. You again, sound like a shitty """"""""friend"""""""" to be around. People are more than likely only tolerating being around you.

eel
tuna
inari
philadelphia roll (tuna, avocado, cream cheese)
(fried) calamari

Eel
Flying Fish Egg
California Rolls
BC Rolls (Salmon, Avocado)
Tuna
General salmon and crab rolls, I'll try pretty much everything at least once, fish selection around here's pretty terrible though.

I always find wasabi to be a much to strong of flavor to really compliment the food. Even just kind of muddying up my chopsticks with some of it before grabbing a piece of sushi I still lose too much of the flavor.

I've never really liked spicy, maybe I'm just overly susceptible to the flavor?

Still enjoy a little wasabi though, always clears my nose out something fierce.

>being this triggered over casual language in an internet post on a taiwanese ornamental feather arrangement board

You have issues.

You call it being triggered.

I call it telling a pretentious person that they have no friends.

Tamago, inari, negitoro, smoked salmon, and bbq eel nigiri. Though really I'd have yakisoba instead if they carry it, or zarusoba in the summer.

>ctrl+f
>no tempura fried cucumber unagi

ITT:nobody has lived yet

how fishy is eel? not a huge fan of seedfood but i always intrigued by eel

Not very. It has a smooth texture and is slightly sweet.

The raw fish that is used for sushi is first flash frozen and then unthawed and prepared into sushi. It is impossible for any parasite or bacteria to survive a flash freeze

Maguro, Salmon, Unagi, Chu-toro if its not a complete rip.

Tamagoyaki if its part of a set.

Oo-toro if I'm in Japan and feel like spending a little bit too much on sushi or theres some really great special going on in Tsukiji.

It's probably the least fishy/most "meaty" tasting fish out of most sushi selections. That, and it's almost always dressed with a sweet sauce that makes it tastier for people who don't like the texture or taste of sushi

Philadelphia roll because I'm a cream cheese degenerate.....also spicy shrimp and crunchy shrimp

Anything with spicy tuna or eel.

I have heard Japanese sushi is different. In what was is it other than the nori being on the outside and it being simpler?

Shrimp Tempura, Crunch or Dragon rolls. anything with the eel sauce even and the more stuffed with imitation crabmeat, the bettr

i don't think it tastes fishy at all. i've never had it raw, only cooked, and it has the texture of salmon or any other fish (flaky and soft and moist). it's always been served to me with a sweet sauce on it, it's very tasty. plus if you live in the UK you can take solace in the fact that it's an invasive species.

Only smalmon ningiri or cheese and avocado roll.
Sushi ir a rare treat for me

Rolls / Maki:
> California Roll
> Tuna, Salmon, Cucumber, Negitoro Rolls
> Unagi Roll
> Chopped Scallop Roll
> Ebi Roll

Sashimi / Nigiri:
> Salmon
> Tuna
> Tako
> Ebi
> Ika
> Hamachi
> Saba
> Unagi

Wakame Salad is also really good, I usually get one as a side no matter what I end up ordering.
Personally I'll usually ask for brown rice if the place I'm at has it available, not really for healthfag reasons but I just prefer the flavour of brown rice to white in general.

VERY rarely I might have something hot or fried (like once in a blue moon, I have to really be in the mood for it specifically) and even then I will split/share with whoever I'm with, usually because it's just too much to have so much of it to myself alone. Vegetable Tempura, Ebi Tempura, Gyoza, and Spider Rolls are all good when done right.

Wait, is there really some kinda weird fucked up gyoza sushi in the states now?

u never been to a sushi place that serves gyoza? all the places around here do it

>obsessed

He's clearly not even American, dumshit.

Yeah man I don't mean that there is LITERALLY a Gyoza Roll or something, just that I would have one or two pieces of Gyoza if I was really in the mood for a dumpling or whatever.

I also know it's not important but I live in Canada, not the US.

Mah nigga, I get all those and I also get sweet potato roll and shrimp tempura

>black nikka whiskey

Wasabi and gari (ginger) have antibacterial effects on the fish, they're an important part of the dish.

Higher end places will put the wasabi on for you, to the point where you insult the chef by asking for wasabi.

Chirashi is usually a good choice.

Anything with Eel is my favorite

Salmon sashimi is my #1 favorite

I also like unagi nigiri and spider roll

Also Sho Chiku Bai Nigori unfiltered sake from Berkeley

>eat delicious assortment of sashimi
>be left with giant bowl of plain sushi rice

You gotta stagger it. Bite of fish, scoop of rice, bite of fish, scoop of rice. They contrast each other nicely.

Are all species of eel invasive in the UK?
I thought eel pie was traditional 19th century worker's food.

What's the etiquette on sushi shrimp tails?
Pick the piece up with your chopsticks and pinch the tail off?

Doesn't matter. I just put the piece in my mouth and bite at the base of the tail and pull it away with my fingers or chopsticks. No need to pay attention to etiquette beyond basic table manners. Sushi is a casual dining food, counter to what many neckbeards believe.

If they have good red snapper then that, always enjoy octopus and squid, if they have quail egg shots those are tasty. I like rolls as long as they're not fried or dowsed in sauce, but in general if I can afford to I prefer to fill up on sashimi

Large asahi beer and some hot sake as well, of course

Spider roll.

I forgot where I got it but this one place made sushi with nothing but avocado, Japanese mayo and fried salmon skin. Shit was so crunchy and so good.

Fatty tuna, lean tuna, tamago... anything other than mackeral and those weird rolls.

aburi salmon nigiri

usually anything involving eel or uni. shrimp or scallop, and at least one tamago

>that migi figure

lean tuna, and seared eel. 4 pcs each and maybe a roll or whatever looks good at the moment.

Toro is great but it's not good enough to pay extra for idk why people make such a big deal about it.

There is this local place I love where if you dine in almost all nigiri except for things like Toro and Uni are $1 per piece.

I load up on yellowtail, golden-eye or red snapper if they have it, unagi and amago, ikari, salmon, and wasabi tobiko.

If I'm getting a roll, I either go really simple like a spicy tuna or fish+cucumber, or I go all out Americanized tempura deep fried goodness. More pleasureable sin than Starbucks drinks.

>inari

SOME BURGERS FOR AFTERWARDS

salmon is king
yellowtail number 2
fatty tuna
kappamaki
then "tuna"
mackerel
fish egg
then shit fish
then eels
then not even fish (unishit)
then egg

inari is tasty

My top things to get
>boston mackerel, chef I work with used to marinade them in vinegar and it was so fucking good it's ridiculous
>tamago
>ikura
>tuna

I used to like salmon but lately, I can't eat it. Honorable mention to surf clam

gizzard shad, if they dont have it you are eating at a shitty sushi restaurant.

i don't think so, my friend says there's one type that was introduced and breeds like wildfire though

spicy tuna roll, spider roll, veggie/prawn tempura, that tofu soup shit you niggerz

I get the fuck out of the restaurant and go for something proper to eat.

Eat them nigga

steamed you pinch it off as you bite it
deep fried eat that shit

I used to hate wasabi, until I went to this really nice sushi place that uses real wasabi not dyed horseradish. It adds a nice clean burn for fans of spice.

Pic related, I usually enjoy the taste of pure toro but in this case the wasabi was a pleasant addition.

I really love inari.
Also get avocado, cucumber rolls and gyoza mostly. When I wasn't vegetarian I used to like Philidelphia rolls and salmon nigiri

I like pretty much all sashimi and could eat that shit all day, not really picky there. Same with teriyaki.

Favorites orders are tuna, gyoza, oyako donburi, unagi, veggie tempura, tataki of any kind. Though I usually try to try something new or out of the ordinary whenever I go.

shit taste faggot

oh look, someone who knows what real sushi is, is this even Veeky Forums?
>unagi
lol

>japanese mayonnaise
yes

>Conveyor belt
Whatever takes my fancy
>Chef
Whatever they give me
>Quick snack or dinner
Tuna + Salmon pack

more importantly
>on ice

STOP EATING EELS THEY WILL GO EXTINCT FUCKING CUNTS

I LOVE SUSHI

>China

Well that's as far as I'm reading.

Most places outside of Japan don't flash freeze it correctly (right temp/duration).

avocado, shrimp, maki, salmon & inside-out
literally every time.

I've been waiting 15 years for sushi to stop being so trendy. It's delicious but I'm not paying 10$ for rice.

Also I don't understand the faggots who get like 8 salmon nigiri and 2 shrimp or whatever. You want a good mix.

>I've been waiting 15 years for sushi to stop being so trendy
Sushi has been "trendy" since the 80s, are you 15 or do you live in some backwater that got its first sushi restaurant in 2001?

daily reminder that the following are all meme orders at a sushi restaurant, and that the chef will secretly hate you if you get:

>more than one type of fish in a roll
>any kind of sauce on a roll
>salmon, the biggest meme fish of them all
>cream cheese or any other type of American bastard creation
>more than just a drop of soy sauce on a piece

>are you 15
You don't eat sushi with breast milk dummy. I first started liking it at ~12

mackerel is fishier

Has anyone tried making sushi at home?

Price wise it doesn't even seem worth it vs just getting takeout.

I did it once. It was an ugly mess. The rice isn't as easy as it looks. 0/10 would not repeat.