Food Related Stupid Questions

I've been eating inordinate amounts of plain white bread lately. Over half a loaf per day.
About how bad for me is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9yOJxTTEiog
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a lot of sugar and you'll probably be constipated, and there's little nutritional value after the carbs but that's about it.

How to stop yeast from growing?

>white bread
>onion
>ketchup

If it weren't for the onions, I'd make a comment about autism.

vinegar douche

after adding yeast to the flour, forming it together and leaving to grow, I take and use some. Is there a way to stop the rest from growing at this point? Refrigerator doesn't really help.

Is that so? Thanks user.

About 2.6 bads

About 75% bad

Only white bread? Getting any other nutrition in there between bread binges?

Where the fuck are you eating at? Look at that table and the chairs behind you, wtf?

Dude that is evidentially a hobo

youtube.com/watch?v=9yOJxTTEiog

What's going on with the paper in the pan at 2:19? Is this a common practice?

That's Richard Stallman (he's on the sticky on /g/).
Which, basically means, yes, that's a hobo.

that stuff looks really good whatever it is

It's bad only because of the salt contained in it. Bread contains a shit ton of salt

It's pretty bad. Try mushrooms, they're tastier.

Not autistic, just Australian. OP's image shows traditional Aussie cuisine

Why would you want to do that? Place the dough in a hot oven and cook it, that's how it's supposed to work.
Alternate resting the dough and kneading to have desired consistency and air amount.

Some people use a kind of parchment paper instead of oil. It's easier to just learn how to use your pan correctly, and you don't have to buy retarded products.
Using both is useless, apart maybe from making it easier to clean the pan after cooking.

is that alan moore?

gluten free is guilt free.

make the switch today!

QTDDTOT

>rolled oats are steamed and rolled
>steel cut oats are cut in half
Where can I buy unmolested oats? Like pre-cut steel cut. I just want oats!

Wrong genre.

You're looking for oat groats. They might be in the baking section with the weird flour and grains bags.

I'll have a look there. Thanx!

Campden Tablets.

Add em to whatever solution you're trying to sterilize and they'll kill all wild yeast and foreign bacteria without adding funky flavors.
They're used almost exclusively for brewing, however, so they're difficult to find and I don't know how good they'll help for what you're doing.

Just so you know, they are hulled. If you want them unhulled you're going to have to find a specialty store or some kind of grain supplier.

I don't know what you mean by hulled but I can guess. I'm just looking for steel cut oats that haven't been cut and want to cook them as porridge like I normally do with SC oats. I just thought that, if they exist, they'll be cheaper because they'd be less labour intensive.
I never thought to look in the baking section, so thanx again.

>I just thought that, if they exist, they'll be cheaper because they'd be less labour intensive.
They won't be cheaper from an ordinary supermarket. Demand is low so stores have to keep extra shelf space for a specialty product that doesn't sell often.

Down with Big Yeast!
You don't need to buy artificial yeast.
Your body provides for you.

No worries! Maybe I can get them cheaper in exchange for sexual favours. Couldn't hurt to ask, right?

Steel cut isn't quite the same as groats. Groats can't really be cooked whole and need to be ground up. Steel cut oats are just cut up groats that you can cook on the stovetop

I get mine from the farmers market can't find it in stores easily in the UK

What are good options for food for dinner? I am sick of the usual omlette/eggs + salad etc

But surely if the groat is hulled then it can be cooked just like a steel cut hulled groat can be cooked? Maybe it'll just take a little longer to cook?

Meat & 3 veg.

Basically: how to make sauce?

Mixing juice from roasted meat with tomato sauce and a bit of cream gets boring quick. Also most premixed sauces taste boring after a while too. Is there some website/book/guide that has the basics on meat and vegetable sauces?

which meat vegs?

*which meat and vegs?

Turns out it can, taking 50-60 minutes. Sorry for spreading misinformation. My dad always used to grind them up into chunks before making oatmeal.

White bread has nothing really in it so you're effectively consuming sugar and flour. Try to switch to something with seeds on the crust like an ancient grains or flax seed loaf. It'll be heartier, fill you for longer and you'll probably feel better after.

Hey, thanx! At least now I know they exist.

Kangaroo and cauliflower.

Holy fucking shit, this guy is crazy. I'm not a hippie type but it's strangely endearing.