Be me

>be me
>major in English
>3.8 GPA because the shit was 2EASY
>fuck like Caligula while in college, don't study much
>take two years off after graduation working at starbucks part time while living with my parents
>study for LSAT, get 176
>just got accepted to harvard law school

Mad, STEMfags?

>DO STEM DO STEM STEM STEM YOU FUCKING KEKCCCCCCCKKCKCKKK

lol... I'm gonna enjoy harvard guys. Have fun making 80k a year :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

thelawdictionary.org/article/how-much-does-the-average-lawyer-make-per-month/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>accepted into harvard
>but oh, it's just law school

kek
what's next?
>I GOT ACCEPTED TO MIT (in gender studies) FUCK YOU STEM :(((

>it's just Harvard law school

I'm jelly and I'm getting my PhD in materials. Dont project that hard user.

>JUST harvard law school

you know that STEM hubris is out of control when they are talking down harvard law school

If it was math I would be jelly as fuck
If it was engineering at a top engineering school I would give props to him

But it's liberal arts. The best of the retards and so on.

I mean, good job, you're better than almost all the other retards

>studies English
>studies Law
>"better than all you STEMfags"

hmmm. You're worse in maths for one.

like I give a fuck about 'muh math' when I get a 160k starting salary with 20k raises every year

also I took complex analysis in college so... lol@u

sure, but his argument compares his potential material wealth to the fields you just mentioned. On the off chance he's not lying, and hes actually going to harvard law, he will be more wealthy than just about any engineer or scientist. Harvard is a big name to put on an application, and harvard law is going to be headhunted for attorneys constantly.

>just 160k
>not 300k starting
l m a o

also
>brags about complex analysis
>actually just a calculs based complex integration / differentiation redux
kek no wonder you're too dumb to study a read career

Is OP a Trump? I think OP is a Trump.

Why the fuck is law school supposed to be good? Top lawyers literally have no life. They make lots of money, yes, but you could do that with a high GPA Eng/CS degree in a top school and have more time to actually live your life...

Top anythings have no life bro.

Ah le 300k meem

Why would I choose a career where I make less money being a computer jockey?

>But it's liberal arts. The best of the retards and so on.
This shtick gets old.

What will you be contributing to humanity by doing this?

What will you, designing gizmos to be 1% faster for a manager making 3x your pay?

law is unethical

enjoy earning money by defending murderers, rapists and sodomites

every additional percentage efficiency on your mums fuck machine frees up hours of scientists time that would otherwise have to be spend pounding your mum

A law degree is more highly regarded than a maths degree.

I will probably try to go into corporate litigation. Trial law is a very small part of law. Corporate lawyers handle corporate law, securities law, mergers and acquisitions, debt restructuring, etc.

very ethical of you

> defending individuals that break the law is evil
> helping big companies circumvent the law on a daily basis is just

good luck at harvard, your deductive skills so far tell me you are gonna need it.

>law
On the day of the automaton you will be the first to go.

good for you
autistic fucking neckbeard

>robots will make laws and judge people

off yourself

they will and they'll do a far better job than you preschool tier logic liberal arts majors could ever.

keking hard m8

laugh it up while you can, no job future.

beep boop

Any tips on studying for the LSAT senpai? Biochem major, applying to Law school because fuck it. Law, polisci, etc. have been easy as shit for me, but I love science on an intellectual level so I decided to STEM major for fun, with the plan of going into Law.

Wait what?

>2 years in starbucks
>Now just accepted into law school
>which takes 3 years
>That adds up to 5 years

Do you have any idea how much progress can be made by an engineer or math grad in 5 years?

Fuck, all of those engineers already have their PE licenses and are earning way above six figures. The math guys are already in management positions as actuaries, statisticians or software developers, also earning six figures.

Meanwhile you are still in school but more important, you wasted 2 years of your life in starbucks while the STEM guys have been making startups, doing actually interesting jobs that fill fucking curriculum like my cock fills your mom, doing research, climbing the ladder, etc.

And you think that you are somehow winning the success race?

topkek BA people man, as delusional as ever.

What an exciting prospect, now I understand why you felt the need to tell everyone of the exciting future you have in store.

Allow me to continue shitting on you because right now I have nothing to do at the office.

>thelawdictionary.org/article/how-much-does-the-average-lawyer-make-per-month/

>To make matters worse, many "expensive" lawyers are being replaced by lower-cost actuaries

>LAWYERS ARE GETTING KEKED BY ACTUARIES

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good to see my fellow math grads cucking you out of a job, pleb.

>many law firms expect new hires to work 80 or 90 hours per week in order to prove that they're passionate about their profession

What the actual fuck? I work 40 hours a week and pay is comparable to the numbers listed in that same article. Not gonna lie though, I'm nowhere near 125k.

>Second-tier lawyers are typically compensated to the tune of $50,000

topkek this is what you are going to be 7 years in uni for? 50k

>inb4 I'm a talented individual and will get the corporate jobs making 125k starting, EZ.

Fuck no you won't. The moment they see "English" in your degree and see that the other guy who applied has a degree in political science or philosophy your resume is going right into the thrash.

And lets not forget that your total uni years are 7, while mine and most stem people are just 4 for comparable pay with much lower hours.

I mean, good luck and all and hopefully you can make it, but you cannot even begin to imagine that you are somehow better off than the average STEM major.

Back to the >>>/thrash/

here's your reply

>After reading the article that crushes his dreams OP cannot even pull the energy necessary to write a refutal.

R.I.P. OP's dreams
05/16/16(Mon)10:57:53 - 05/16/16(Mon)14:47:23

He had a good run.

The fact that you took the time to write this up at work makes me think you shouldn't be shitting on other people's career choices.

If I had something to do I would not even be browsing Veeky Forums. I probably wouldn't even have my browser open.

Slow day, last friday I passed the program to the clients for QA and I'm still waiting for their review and requests.

All I can do right now is play around with the XML of the layout and make it look slightly prettier.

That is called having a good career that does not require you to work 90 hours a week. I mean, for fucks sake. FUUUUCK. 90 hours.