Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sXPovv4Xp20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DNA arranged in a centered helix rather than an off-set one

That looks fucking delicious

I can't tell where the minor and major groove is fuck

>triggered

as a biochemfag this [TRIGGERS] me

Let me help untrigger those who have been triggered.

fek

what the hell is going on in there, what kind of abomination is that?

I know, right? I just want to munch on it. I would pull it apart down the middle like a fucking RNA and lick the creamy filling. And then I would get super powers.

New flavor goys.

thanks doc

Finally I can unclench my ass

Ultimate nerds rope.

This is a great comedic work. #BESTOFOURTIME

daily reminder that the notion of a disorder is a social construct.

All illnesses are social constructs.

You think there's a rock in God's garden with a description of perfect health engraved on it? We agree on what is and isn't healthy as a society, based on what we know of biology and how it impacts people.

I'm pretty sure not being able to reproduce without medical or societal help is a condition though.

>I'm pretty sure not being able to reproduce without medical or societal help is a condition though.
Why do you think that's a problem?
It's not like we're about to run out of babies.

If you can't see why it's a condition (I said condition), you're retarded.
This is not a debate btw, it's something that rustles my jimmies as OP asked.

>The vast majority of people think DNA is just two loops with bars between them

They are perfectly able to reproduce; they just don't want to.

This is only a problem in the abstract viewpoint of evolutionary success for that individual's genes, but last I checked we only actually cared about the impact of a condition on the person's life, not on the long-term propagation of their genes (unless they find its impact on their long-term gene pool bothersome).

Gender dysphoria, on the other hand, *is* certainly a mental condition in any consistent use of the term, but the way we deal with and think about mental conditions is also seriously fucked up, and in the world where we actually dealt with mental health and variation properly and were consistent with calling it a mental condition this would add up to basically the same result as the people claiming it's not a mental disorder are asking for. Since trying to fit being transgender into current notions of "identity" is probably easier than trying to change the way the public thinks about the entire nature of mental health, I understand why they'd focus their efforts on the former.

So how come it's an offset double helix then?

this calms my soul

the thing that fucks me up about this is that, that backbone and those faux-h-bonds aren't trivial to make

someone went to a lot of effort to define and arrange those molecules

and they fucked everything up

the geometry of the bonds of the backbone define the curvature of the helix

Holy shit you're right. The pattern for the phosphate is also really, really intricate even though it doesn't have any actual significance.

> FUCKING CHEMICAL GLASSES WITH COLOURED SHIT FOR FUCKS SAKE EVERY FIRST ARTICLE ABOUT ANY SCIENCE HAS THOSE

>If you don't think the same as me you are retarded
Nice argumentation, return to /b/ where you belong

Gays can reproduce if they really want to. Or is celibacy a medical condition too?

Then why is sterility a condition EVEN IF a person doesn't want to have children?

>tfw my genetics textbook's cover also displays DNA in this way
It's a good book, but goddamn.

Is this a fucking joke?

Top kek

what it's h two oh

Holy fucking kek

the majority of the people think atoms are round, what's your point

if you need to convey an idea you have to do it in a simple manner, the vast majority of people aren't scientists

>LOL HURRDURR THEY DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT GENETICS OR BIOCHEMISTRY, WHAT FAGGOTRY

grow up, kid

But atoms ARE round.

Because it doesn't fit in with what our society considers as a healthy person. If you're not healthy, then you're sick to some degree.

Current definition of health by OMS:
>Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.

As the definition implies, all is a social construct. (And I hate that shit, because for example people might wanna be fat just for personal preference, and then we would have to deal with a HUUUUUUUUGE amount of patients that makes us invest TONS of money from the government's budget for health on things that could have been prevented. Wasting tons of money that are needed for other stuff, like patients with cancer or other diseases that needs lots of money from the system. Oh, but wait, that's already happening!)

This is my personal REEEEEEEEE

*need

mfw

which one's inside me
i hope it's the pretty one that looks like a snowflake on the right

I don't see what's triggering about this one.

I think it's the stereotypical "colored liquids = chemicals" thing.

>first semester quantum
>on a window

>"Smartest kid in the world"
>Writing on a fucking window

See you in the unemployment line, buddy.

>IQ >170+ immeasurable genius
>perfect photographic memory
>Post-doc quantum astrophysicist before 20

He is literally the definition of someone who is actually qualified to write on windows.

Oh right. Or that there is a bunch of unrelated chemistry scribbling on the blackboard to testify there is some science shit happening there.

This. If you were him you would even write on people's faces.

SHHHHEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIT

If you were to give atoms any shape, it'd be a sphere. Sure, a single p Orbital might not look spherical, but add all of them together and you have a sphere again. It's mainly spherical harmonics, after all, which is responsible for the distinctive looks of orbitals.

OOOOOOOWHEE
me thinks they are not wearing proper safety masks for the amount of diethylene glycol that's very clearly going to evaporate from that incredibly small boiling flask.
They probably fucked something up in the production too, that color's a bit wrong, makes me think any significant heat is going to catalyze a reaction there.
Say goodbye to your well conditioned hair, and your not-dissolving lungs.

..... no, the confounding aspect is that is one hell of a strange kitchen.

see
...cos muh dipole moment 'n shit

"I have determined a problem set wherein I have a boner and have yet found no solution for it yet."

If I were to design an apparatus that had to look chemical-y for the background of a photo or something, I'd just try to come up with the most ridiculous setup I can.

>which one's inside me
Mostly B-DNA.

>that is one hell of a strange kitchen.

>I don't see what's triggering about this one.

Insufficient racial diversity.

yup i'm triggered.

Atoms are spherical only from very far away, when you get close then, if you could see them, they will start looking like some weird 3d shape that is constantly warping and changing (this is because they're 4-dimensional objects).

Only real 90s kids will get this meme.

beyond trigger

> 11 dimensional manifold
> a bunch of disks intersecting toruses

Colors are good.

>, when you get close then, if you could see them, they will start looking like some weird 3d shape that is constantly warping and changing (this is because they're 4-dimensional objects).

literally what

the wavelength of light is too large for "seeing" to make sense at that scale

what are you spewing

String theories are compactified on Calabi-Yau 3-folds. Which are 6 (real) dimensional.

Z-DNA is left handed though.

Op's picture is right handed, meaning it is likely meant to represent typical B-DNA.

copenhagenists literally believe the cat is both dead and alive

what is the problem ? I don't get it

half of the thread is brainlets arguing about the shape of atoms, as if they know their model is the final and true model

from my freshman humanities textbook

Not... Not the COSMIC CALENDAR

what is that cringe picture of deterministic paths

its not just the cosmic calender... look at it.
>earth is 6 billion years old
>"remote ancestors of modern human beings" showed up 4 million years ago
>4 million years ago is in august on a 6 billion year timescale

>mfw I've seen someone deliver this in school

you mean 2/30000 of a year is less than 4 months? shit, you might be right about that

youtube.com/watch?v=sXPovv4Xp20

surreal trajectories