EEfags, what kind of multimeter do you use, and why?

EEfags, what kind of multimeter do you use, and why?

velleman here

cheap and german quality (actually made in china)

I use the one that works

cheap one.
save your money for a nice oscope

FLUKE masterrace

this

past 20 bucks and you're doing it wrong

Four out of five Anons agree: go cheap on the multimeters.

Thank you, Veeky Forums.

a table multimeter

Fluke 117 Electrician's Multimeter (On sale for $164.99!)
I am an electricity student and I never leave house without it. Has light guided electrical sensors, so you don't have to touch anything with yucky ol' probes!
Also, when you set it to Brain Power setting, ultriviolet lasers monitor your brainwaves and the more you concentrate the more the elctricity gets picked up by the console, concentrate more and the ball moves further!

I am an electrician and even I went cheap. Got a Craftsman multimeter on sale for ten dollarydoos.

They're all made in China today anyway, and it's very common to see the same models in Harbor Freight get rebranded as Klein.

You're also probably gonna fry it anyway because you're a dumbass, so why get an expensive one?

Fluke 88V I'm an auto technican and it's spec are pretty stellar that meter has made me probably about 40% of all my income and well worth the near $700 investment. Professional grade been dropped, dragged, kicked, soaked in numerous fluids and still works stupendously. 10/10 would buy again

i use my myDAQ

kek

KEK

I burnt my corneas.

>go cheap
dirt cheap (5$) means a 2000 count 1MΩ meter
cheap still gets you a 4000 count 10MΩ autorange meter, that's what you want
(next get a good used analog dual channel scope)

Brymen 867S is really good, great specs for a relatively low price. Brymen is an ideal midrange brand imo

Should we euthanize Fluklets that have been obviously been tricked into the Fluke meme by this shill?

Just get a cheap digital one as long as you don't need an IO port.
Anything that needs something expensive will need a bench top meter with an IO port or an oscilloscope or something like that.

>Should we euthanize Fluklets that have been obviously been tricked into the Fluke meme by this shill?

I'd buy Fluke and I've never seen this guy. Fluke is the go-to brand in my circles and I'd expense it anyway so why not?

Fluke 87-V is my meter of choice. But my first meter was a cheap 10$ one during middle school, then a Fluke 8020A (from 1977 lol) for awhile and finally on my pride and joy the 87-V that I got right out of highschool

Whatever meter is in the lab.

For o-scoping I once wrote a shitty python script and plugged shit into my sound card.

Just got a chonk HoldPeak®©™ dmm for 25 burgershekels
Im a poorfag but if i had money i would get something more reliable, as reliability is important for these kind of tools

I use the one my dad bought in 1971. The plastic broke but you can still tell which end is the anode because it turned green.

Fluke. Hands down bro.

JUST USE UR FUCKING IPHONE AUTISTIC RETARD

Good meme.