Someone please explain this to me

someone please explain this to me

why are americans so crazy about this?

Aren't Canadians into it even more than americans?

We're not. It's Kraft propoganda

For some reason it tastes amazing until you're about 12 years old. Then it has no taste.

I think it's fucking gross, but yes, everyone I know eats it.

Canadians bruhs. Not American. It's OK but most Americans that aren't children like eating homemade mac and cheese.

This board always seems to have someone forcing the dumbest memes.

I've seen this kraft shit in half the threads I've opened today wtf

Non-American here, in not-America. My local restaurant has Mac & Cheese on their lunchtime menu. It's made from scratch, with real cheese. It is the perfect lunch time meal, complete with some warm garlic bread on the side.

It's nothing like the the packet stuff in your picture, though.

Fat and salt, bright colors, smooth texture. It's something kids are naturally drawn to, and then adults who had it as a kid get nostalgic pangs for it.

That isn't noteworthy enough to make a post about to be honest with you.

>buying into the Mac & Cheese jew
Just make it from scratch.

>Writing a post about Mac 'n Cheese in a thread about Mac 'n Cheese isn't worth posting

Sure thing famalam

it's super easy to make and costs about 75 cents and kids like it

Canadians, not americans

Also Kraft Diner has gone down the shitter ever since they started fucking with their ingredients to make it healthy

This

Annie's is decent but still way worse than just makin ya own damn mac

Velveeta is the best of the major brands, the cheese dust sucks compared to the sauce

Put some hot dogs and hot sauce in it

This. Canadians have a massive, syrupy boner for KD.

Anyone know if you can still get Golden Grain brand? It was much better than Kraft.

It's not meant in any way to replace home made baked mac n cheese...you guys know this..right?

Of course it is, most people don't make home made mac and cheese, and just throw it in a pot after work to feed their redneck/black brood/college student/other faggot stomachs.

Pretty sure it's a Canadian thing.

Sage.

Why is it called a dinner when it's really a side dish? How are they even allowed to market this as a complete dinner? No protein, no fiber, no vitamins. Sad! I'm writing my congressman right now.

disgusting. I know it is for parents to just toss in on a work/school night to have some side carbs and fake cheese but why would any one take it as something to replace the real thing? How could any one ever think that in any way? Is that what they are really thinking? Like for real?

Because real mac and cheese is expensive, time consuming, and very unhealthy. Kraft costs less than a dollar for a box, takes ten minutes to make, and isn't nearly as bad for you.

partly related to this thread but whats with americans and processed cheese? its fucking disgusting. does anyone in merica eat REAL cheese?

It has protein. 1 gram fiber per serving.

Yeah we are. Shits awesome, especially if you boil some really greasy sausage in the same pot

I still don't think it constitutes a full dinner as they advertise. It should be sold as "part of a complete meal" or something. Like they do with breakfast cereals. I'm going to do something about this atrocity/ck/.

You can make your own in the same amount of time. The sauce takes no longer to cook than the pasta, and if you absolutely must have it crispy on top, give it a couple minutes under the broiler instead of the oven.

no

It should be but some how laws/rules let them call it that but I do agree with you

You're all fucking retards. This shit is cheap as fuck and easy as all hell to make. The reason this shit sells so well is because parents cook it for their rotten children. Because terrible, rotten, piece of shit kids are fickle and this is one of the few meals that most kids will eat. For fucks sake, its salty sugar noodles after all. God fucking damn all of you for not already knowing this. Fuck OP for even asking. Kill yourself.

Well aren't you just a big beutiful rose shining brightly in the morning dew

I had this shit for the first time in years today
It absolutely tore my insides up, and I shit a big sloppy pile three hours later
Never again

>macaroni and cheese
>not macaroni cheese

It's good with Old Bay seasoning?

I have happy memories of cooking kraft all by myself while daddy worked 6 days a week so fuck you buddy.

I actually like Velveeta Shells & Cheese more, but on the whole I grew up with that shit and I will always enjoy it. It is a comfort food for myself and quite a number of people who grew up in the United States.

I don't think americans even know how to make cheese sauce

>being lazy

I prefer Annie's. Then I melt a little blue cheese into it and add some cayenne. Satisfies the nostalgia cravings while actually having a bit of flavor.

I loved this stuff, but unfortunately it is no longer available anywhere I have looked.

As for KD, if you let the butter brown prior to adding the milk and "cheese" powder, and then parm, it is actually not bad. Also, the noodles cook very quickly and if they are too soft it totally ruins it.

Yes, I admit I put way too much thought into the prep, but I grew up on this stuff and I perfected my approach over the years.

We are not. It's fucking gross. No one likes this shit.

For the same reason Brits are crazy about Heinz beans on toast. The Great Depression and world wars forced people to eat cheap, nonperishable foods from cans and boxes. Generations grew up on it so they passed it along to their kids.

Not sure if Americans love it as much as Canadians. All I know is that during winter, hot starch and cheese is the go to food.

Needs a butt load of ketchup tho.

>rabbit of approval
>"totally natural"

What the dick.

It's supposedly hippie b8, but the shells taste like MSG out the ass. Definitly worth trying if you've never had it before, though: much sharper taste than any other major brand. As a word of advice, though, it's better without milk and with only a tenth stick butter or so to monopolize on its appeal vs. something more muted like kraft, IMO.

Sounds hellish. Nuke Canada.

browning the butter takes kraft mac from something that's okay to shovel into your face if you have literally nothing else to something that's actually pretty good

Never had this stuff before, looks pretty similar to craft diner which is great though. Is it some sort of knockoff?

>Canadians, not americans

back to geography class.

fuck..velveeta shells and cheese was one of my most fond bingeing foods
i havent touched it since i stopped and i really miss it

UK based We don't get that stuff here and I spend all year looking forward to summer holiday in America I go to Walmart and buy every variety I can get then try em all the deluxe is good too !

In America children really like it. It's slimy and salty. From what I've gathered in Canada it's a required side for every meal. People in the US may eat it for nostalgic reasons when they get older.

I eat it as a meal for lunch during the weekend. With or without sandwich attached.

IDK about everyone else, when I make it, it taste good. Really the spirals are the best one by far. Easy to make >10 minutes, easy clean up if you aren't lazy and wait.

>eating pasta with bread
literally why

It's the Italian way! When in Rome hahaha

Are you implying Canada and the US are the same country while you tell them to go back to geography class?

Spongebob and other shapes are the best ones along with the spirals. Any thing that isn't the original fake elbow type pasta. I don't know why but spongebob ones taste 100x better and the spirals are amazing also. It is how I learned pasta shapes, although made from the exact same ingredients, can and will affect the flavor/texture/experience in other pasta dishes as well.

I haven't had kraft since memorial day and I eat like a pound of cheese a week. You will only find it in poor people's houses

It's only good for burgers and grilled cheese because of the low melting point. white trash will put it on other sandwiches though

It is easy to make so for a large swath of middle class it is kid food. I could go home from school and make it for dinner if my mom was working late and it wasn't a big deal. So a lot of people like it because it tastes good enough and reminds them of being a kid

Restuarant I used to work at had Mac-n-cheese on kids menu and it was fucking awesome.

And the ingredients were super simple! 4 ounces of heavy whipping cream, 1/4 lbs of velveta cheese and some precooked/portioned penne pasta. Microwave that ish and stir