How does one replicate Popeye's style breading texture?

How does one replicate Popeye's style breading texture?

Also, Fried Chicken General. Whatchu got, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GsyjNef2ydQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How come grocery store fried chicken tastes better than most fried chicken chains?

I don't think it does, but if you like it go for it I guess. What grocery store do you refer to?

Popeye's is top tier.

Popeyes >>>>>>>>>>> KFC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CHURCH'S

The fried chicken at Food Lion is really crunchy and a lot of fried chicken chains aren't as crispy.

I have noticed this
Maybe because they aren't understaffed, have enough time to make the food, don't get lines of 40 people and don't need to make everything taste the same in 4 million locations?
Last month I ordered fried chicken from this Peruvian place and it was amazing, made me ashamed of eating kfc so much

Ive noticed this as well, Winco makes some dank chicken

>General

Dank food is horrible.

Dont @ me again

This recipe is actually pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=GsyjNef2ydQ

you know how your dredge/breading mix is dry? just add a little bit of liquid to it - whatever you marinade the chicken in. it will give it chunks that stick to it and can get really crunchy.

if you make a lot of fried chicken, eventually the dredge just winds up with lots of liquid in it from liquid falling off of chicken pieces.
if you do it in small batches at home, you have to purposefully put it in there.

I do that sometimes, and while it gets nice and rough, it's nothing like Popeyes.

Corn starch makes it more crispy. Its gotta be some kind of golden ratio mixture or somethin

My fellow Floridafags know Publix has the best fried chicken of any restaurant or grocery chain

>Church's even in the tier listing
its grease in a box and you buy it only when you stop giving a fuck anymore. Its cheaper than the rest, but with the cheapness comes the lower quality.

You gotta triple bread that shit my dude. Hit it with the flour, hit it with the batter, then hit it with the flour again, then deep fry. You'll get what you're looking for.

and better subs than subway

Literally no reason not to go to Publix

After having shopped at Publix for a year since moving to Alabama, I recently discovered their subs.

I have been completely enlightened. 2-3 times the meat, more veggies shoved in there, more cheese on it, a bigger drink, and all for the same or less cost than the footlong combo at Subway.

And that's not including the regular deals. Mine is still having a 5 dollar full size meatball sub.

the brining/marinating, double dredging, and double frying methods put together will push your shit compared to what you normally see around these parts

also dunking them in cayenne infused lard afterwards sure helps

double breading, high protein flour