It is late may. How was it not a final?

I live in Bulgaria so finals go from June>July

> get histology book
> read histology book
> learn unique features of tissues

A book that I'd recommend is
Wheater's Functional Histology: A Text and Colour Atlas

What university?

Well I don't know the level of your uni but the usual trick is is getting a histology atlas and study the images.

Sometimes the problem is that they use a clusterfuck of microscope preparations older than the teacher itself or they are "contaminated" for example; I found blood in rat bronchus.

cool, do you think Junqueira's is any good? that's the book I (legally) have right now but if wheaton's is better I'll go have it printed
Varna
Second year medicine and the rat blood thing sounds way cooler than you make it seem

are you by any chance non-bulgarian?

>do you think Junqueira's is any good?

A quick skim through, it looks good.
Wheaters might have more images of slides, but im not sure from a skim.
Either way, more images are better, for practice

I am in fact non-bulgarian but I won't say any more in case you sus me out lol
Thanks for the help user, i appreciate it

lol i dont study in there, im just applying for med in the uk and was looking for a backup ygm

Medfag here, go watch "shotgun histology" on youtube. Got me trough pathology.

Also I own both Junqueira and Robbins and Cotran. Both not great for learning histology. Try to practice on slides during courses and as I said watch shotgun histology.

I literally only look through a color atlas and try to learn to recognize the large structures. Rest is guess work based on my theoritical knowledge. Passed every practical this way.
What do you study? Vet. Med in SGGW/WULS in warsaw here

I'm also reading histology right now, with the basic Janquieras book. Finals in early June :0

Pic related: Went through connective tissue on lab today. What's your problem with seeing the difference?

Protip: zoom in and out slightly to get a 3D "feeling" of the stuff you're looking at.

Junqueira's book is nice for reference but YouTube and looking up Blue Histology on Google helped a lot.

When I was studying histology histologyguide.org really helped. Many slides of great quality.
Wait until you get to pathology, everything gets 100 times more difficult.

Also, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned, but I find Ross is the best histology book, and a good atlas too

I used pic related for histo. It's a really good book.
Shotgun histology on youtube is also solid.

I don't know how your exams are, but make sure you check out slides yourself and locate the structures.

Check bluehistology dot com
Its kinda good for quizzes

that gram stain image looks like some hella tight booty behind a fern

That's not Gram Stain, do you even into histology?

Actually is H-E stain