Japanese Trader Turns $13,000 into $250,000,000 In Eight Years

The year is 2016. Veeky Forums doesn't give a fuck about crypto yet. But this discussion on trading still applies today.

yuki.la/biz/1109826

Other urls found in this thread:

japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/09/26/business/famed-bedroom-trader-reveals-his-wealth-secrets-as-he-guns-for-1-billion/
twitter.com/cissan_9984?lang=fi
sannji.com/bnf-technique/
youtube.com/watch?v=91iEkDFI1oA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Biggest loser in crypto

So he's been around since 2008, "trades" and is not a billionaire. Didn't mine or help develop anything?

Only on this board could a man making 250 million be considered a "loser."

what trade

if he held btc and sold at 20k he would have 260,000,000

honestly why would you continue after your first couple millions? I'd GTFO for good as soon as I make a few mil

Wonder what he's doing these days. Imagine having all that money with no purpose in life. You don't ever have to leave your house ever again.

from 13k to 250M and calls the guy loser? LMAO. He is the early adopter. He has done more to crypto then you will ever do in this entire life.

he wasn't leaving his house long before he was a millionaire.

Proving conclusively that trading is for cucks. Chad holder wins again

HE ISNT TRADING CRYPTO YOU FUCKING ILLITERATE RETARDS

>the absolute state

embarrassing

btc would have to go past 200mil to get those gains now

Can't believe this guy made this money trading crypto
actually yes I can, no way he could in a stock market

Derivates. Leverage.

This is the thread that made me start browsing Veeky Forums. A week later Ethereum rose from $2 to $8 and the board was flooded with posts about it.

Mining was the move to make in 2008. Even with $13k you "could" buy over 100k btc which is over a billion today. In the pizza story it cost 10k btc.

Some russian teen made a $100B platform and a chink made the #1 exchange in less than a year, that's impressive. Your story will only impress wannabe traders.

Of course you don't hold the same thing you moron

user did you even read the article?

Damn the sheer retardation of biz is on full display ITT

how come when i read about these people i can never find any ACTUAL strategical or technical info about what they do to make money.

i want to be a trader but the thing is i dont care about making fat stacks of cash. i just want to work alone and make a comfy 50k a year maybe, if that.

how does he determine when to get in? how does he determine when to get out? do traders strictly use indicators? do they just follow the news?

he thinks long and hard guy

japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/09/26/business/famed-bedroom-trader-reveals-his-wealth-secrets-as-he-guns-for-1-billion/

Best you're gonna get.

Jesus fucking christ. Is it because it's Friday night or something? I'm outta here.

cis trades stock order books and bnf order books and technicals but ofcourse they wont tell you about the strategy. at best days tokyo retailers rumored to account 20% of daily volume of NIKKEI exchange. also was rumor these were made up to lure in retail investors cause nikkei was having bad 20 years

twitter.com/cissan_9984?lang=fi

>The year is 2016. Veeky Forums doesn't give a fuck about crypto yet
Newfags get out

>be jap in 2009
>want to buy loli for 70k btc
>max out mum's credit card to buy 130k btc for a penny each
>want to buy more loli but can't afford
>"daytrade" down to 25k btc

These traders usually use what Veeky Forums refers to as "meme lines" to make money

pink salons & soap lands all day erry day

kek

Just because you value other achievements above others does not mean what this guy achieved is not very impressive. You can talk in hindsight about why people didn't get heavily involved in back in 08, but no one could've known the future, and there have been many crashes over the years which many people called it quits on.

Those who have become rich of off crypto are those who were deeply against centralization, those involved in the Silk Road/Deep Web, and those who simply bought and forgot.

This guy has been actively trading through all of cryptos ups and downs, and is still around to tell the tale.

i turned 5000 into 1000 in one year. some people just get the good ant shit

>pssshh quarter billion, that's nothing

>it's in the comment section: "On December 8, 2005 an order from Mizuho Securities meant to sell 1 share of J-Com Co for 610,000 yen was mistakenly entered as a sale of 610,000 shares at 1 yen, resulting in an estimate loss of $347 million. Following the incident, though a considerable number of firms who had profitted from the order misplacement agreed to hand back their earnings (41.38%), a good number of individual traders refused to do so, as they were not obliged under Japanese law. Such was the case of B.N.F, who managed to amass, in a period of just ten minutes, a figure of 2 billion yen (apr. US$20 million)."

That's interesting because situations like this can actually happen with crypto.
If anyone remembers occasionally "liquidation cascades" happen which keeps lowering the price of a coin until no orders are left. If you have an order at a very low prices, you can end up buying a shitload from people who're forced to liquidate.

GDAX Ethereum flash crash. It was co-ordinated bullshit, rather than a honest mistake made by a large seller. GDAX reimbursed those who lost their eth.

people need to read this more
he just got lucky because some company fucked up

the longer you do this, the higher chance you have to get lucky, which is all that happened to him

Trading is about pushing opportunities that are given to us by the market, adding to big winners, and cutting losers quickly, with judgements being made through some systematic filter/process.

and it's just like Jesse Livermore said: "Failure to take advantage of a serendipitous act of good luck in the stock market is often a mistake."

I'm willing to bet his account has been way less volatile than btc itself.

>complete with livermore qoute
(You)

sannji.com/bnf-technique/

step 1 learn japanese like a good 4channer.
step 2 learn knife catching.
step 3 ???
step 4 profit

Maybe he should, the filthy nocoiner

>Trading is about pushing opportunities that are given to us by the market, adding to big winners, and cutting losers quickly, with judgements being made through some systematic filter/process.

This is actually good advice for me in trading DOW futures. Thanks

neo dropped to $3 on bitfinex during the crash

because these people only ever reveal their strategies after they have stopped working and they get their bio ghost-written

I know right...

Wow reading Veeky Forums back in 2016, the discussion was actually intelligent.

Now all we get is meme images, people calling each other brainlets and posting brainlet pictures, brap and thot pics, and passive-agresssive green text insulting each other.

people had to shill their shitcoins on /pol/ (link)

absolute state of biz. I think with the cryptoboom came with decline of median user age.

8 YEARS!? Bitcoin was $0.003 in 2010. Even if he just held bitcoin since $1, that's still $250M if he sold at bitcoin's ATH.

This guy isn't some genius trader, he just got in really early.

> he trades stocks.
> he has no hand in cryptos
> he outplayed the bear market

just realized this guy wasn't trading crypto my mistake, I assumed he was because of that comment, but after reading through all of that old thread he seems to have been solely a stock trader?

youtube.com/watch?v=91iEkDFI1oA

vid gives a rundown of that massive trade he made, seems he used a combination of futures and options

>that massive trade he made
That should say "a massive trade he made", he built a massive position shorting the Nikkei using futures. He seems to base a lot of his decision making off of the order book.

i wish there was more discussion on actual trading here and not just gambling. Trading provides a lifestyle i think appeals to the type of people who come to this site so im surprised we dont see a lot of more discussion.

I personally have been spending a lot of time learning renko charts and how to consistently make money with them. they are a lot more simple and seemingly profitable than regular charts

>>renko charts

Well, consider me interested. Which books or courses or youtube vids did you find most helpful for learning renko?

yeah i always put my orders based on the order book and it never failed me

do you trade solely off of it without using charts, and do you trade futures/stocks?

what did people even talk about here before the bitcoin meme? Not even a newfig, but i've been broswing biz since the BTC fad.

Cryptocurrencies can't die soon enough.

I don't know? More gains?

Veeky Forums was a containment board made to get bitcoin threads off /g/. Crypto was only a small paart of the board for a while though.

CV rating threads

Why is everyone surprised? That $13K probably just evolved to greater numbers and after 8 years, turned into $250m.

drop shipping scams and real estate

If you didn't already know who this guy is and what his backstory was you're a giant fucking newfaggot and need to get the fuck out