Clock genius Ahmed Mohamed on grades

Do you agree with him?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailycaller.com/2016/04/16/professional-educator-grades-showing-up-on-time-are-a-form-of-white-supremacy/
breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/23/ahmeds-sister-admits-school-suspension-alleged-bomb-threat-3-years-earlier/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe. How many people has he helped?

He'd rather bomb 100 people than let them get to 100

they probably realized he is stupid

He better hope those scholarships were binding.

Any one else find his twitter handle to be disturbing? There's got to be something pathological about your personality if you're already trying to build a cult following around yourself at 13 years old.

Oh, and he lied his way through the entire clock debacle. Better keep an eye on this kid.

You guys need to fuck off. This kid knows how to make 10nm transistors with his bare hands.

>accused of building a bomb
>it's a clock

Don't see any lie here. Nice agenda you're pushing though, stormshit.

one hundred

>Get accused of building a clock
>Instead of breaking one

>Go to the whitehouse

We'll leave aside the fact that his Dad just happened to put a civil rights lawyer on retainer right before the incident. Good timing dad.

Everyone gave him credit for building a clock when all he did was break one. He knew it all along. He lied his way through the whole thing.

And know he has a twitter handle which resembles a politician running for office.

this isnt what he did

he built a clock inside a suitcase and they thought he was a bomb

he didnt just smash to shit some prebuilt clock and then throw in in a suitcase

also his father has nothing to do with how the school treated him like a criminal

>Evidence of him "breaking" a clock: None
>Evidence of him being arrested and accused of building a bomb: Testimony, video, dozens of reports

/pol/ is leaking again.

His 'clock' was literally a disassembled alarm clock that he put in a briefcase. It was in no way remarkable from an engineering standpoint and, when asked what it was at school, he refused to explain it. Ask yourself what you would do, as a schoolteacher, when a child brings in a briefcase with LED display and refuses to answer as to its function.

>backpedaling
Cute. Go back to your containment board.

>he didnt just smash to shit some prebuilt clock and then throw in in a suitcase
Except that's EXACTLY what he did.

This is his clock.

See the 9v battery backup? The snooze button? The clock in the rock video above, and the case, are the exact same brand he used. What he did you can literally do in five minutes with a rock.

Now getting accused of building a bomb, on the other hand, kinda sucked, but it was also entirely predictable, because that's exactly what the end result looks like. Not surprisingly, his father sued everyone and made mint.

Maybe I'm just bitter, because I remember when I tried to pull that shit with a battery power robot I took apart in elementary school and got laughed outta the classroom - as I should have (even if the teacher foolishly gave me credit for realizing how to take the thing apart and put it together again, without the case.)

Ideally he shoulda been just laughed out of the classroom - instead, he laughed all the way to the white house and a dozen nationally aired interviews and is lauded as some sorta child genius by the general public from folks who, like you, didn't bother to look into it.

>New IP

The /pol/ paranoia on this site is something to behold. It was not a race issue until the media got hold of it. There are bomb threats in schools every week.

>act suspicious
>get treated with suspicion
Nothing wrong here. I've had cops and teachers search through my bag in high school too, and I'm white. Same thing happened to this kid except he felt the need to cry about it on national tv

christ Veeky Forums my sides

Did they cuff you and drag you out of your class to the station because you had a clock?

This

They cuffed my eight year old kid and dragged him to the station for threatening the playground intendant with a plastic spork. ...and he's white.

Little angsty, but still... Poor kid was crying all day. They were telling him he was going to do five years for attempted assault and shit. Jeeze...

I love how no one is responding to this.

Why are you all still lying to yourselves about how easily you allowed to media to manipulate you? Face your mistakes and learn from it.

I remember back in the 80's, they evacuated my entire school, and permanently banned the use of lockers, after using a bomb robot to extract catnip toy shaped like a TNT (similar pick related) from some gal's locker.

You bet your ass she didn't get any scholarships out of it.

dailycaller.com/2016/04/16/professional-educator-grades-showing-up-on-time-are-a-form-of-white-supremacy/

>yeah yeah dailycaller

There were bomb robots in the 80's?!

yeah, it's pathetic

any time someone levees any criticism at all it's a /pol/ racist

It's they prefer to live in a simple world where everything is either all bad or all good. So in this situation, since the police/teachers overreacted, the police/teachers are all bad and Ahmed is all good no matter what, and anyone who suggests otherwise is a bigot.

To you people out there, this situation is not all good/bad. Teachers thought it was a bomb for no good reason and police arrested a kid, that sucks. The kid also claimed to have built a clock when he really didn't, and then continued with the lie as he received mountains and mountains of praise and admiration.

Yes, oddly enough... And the city just happened to have one. (Think they were just looking for an excuse to use it or some shit.)

Samefag please go, no one is taking your poorly crafted bait.

Fact is, if he really build a bomb, which is an engineering feat at his age, stormtards would be calling him a terrorist and not a genius.

So he's either a terrorist, or a fraud trying to pass as a genius.

that kid is always guilty no matter what he did with the stormweenies

just move on and accept that the US society is retarded and that the kid was actually a genius, not for building a clock but for showing how stupid US society is

>any time someone levees any criticism at all it's a /pol/ racist
Well, you can't entirely blame them, because it usually is.

This is just one of those cases where, /pol/ is half right, and in the long run, Ahmed is going to suffer more from this than he gains, as he gets into institutions he is no way prepared for.

Also blah:

You do realize how ironic your post is right? Critical thinking has never been more important and you're letting your's slip, which is sad considering you're among the more intelligent portion of the population. Even the Nazis thought they were on the right side of things. Try to evaluate your actions more objectively. This kind of media manipulation is never good even if it's in favour of what you believe your ideals are.

I am evaluating things objectively. The objective facts are that he was accused of building a bomb instead of a clock.

Everything you are crying about is circumstantial and has 0 evidence. Kill yourself /pol/tard, there is no grand conspiracy.

Well, if he really built a bomb, I hope we'd be calling him a genius terrorist.

Granted, my friends were cooking C4 based on the Poor Man's James Bond (aka. Anarchist Cookbook Light) at that age, but that was back when minors could get away with shit like that, and they was rednecks.

But yeah, gotta give him credit for keeping the lie going somehow - though again, I think it's going to bite him in the ass, in the long run.

This isn't /pol/, so no one is arguing that it was just nor right for him to be accused of building a bomb. Predictable, maybe, right, no.

We're just saying, it is also not just nor right for him to be accused of building a clock, and any image of his "invention" makes it quite clear he didn't.

>keeping the lie going somehow

which lie ?

That he built a clock.

The only fucktard in this coversation is the idiot who keeps saying "he built a clock".

This little cunt did not build jack shit, stripping casing does not mean you "built" the components inside it.

You're using that language because you're political instead of being able to think for yourself, so you use the same langauge the media manipulated you with when it's explicitly wrong. You probably think Barnett is actually a genius too and not just a meme.

Not him, but you tell me which scenario is more likely:

1) a kid dismantles an electronic clock, puts it in a briefcase to show the parts of the clock to his teachers, is proud of that achievement since as a kid he's too young and stupid to realise how meaningless it is, and the rest is history.

2) a kid dismantles an electronic clock, puts its parts in a briefcase to show his teachers, claims he built a clock but is actually a well-crafted fraud with his ulterior sinister motive being whatever conspiratard stormfags feel like attributing to him this time. Also, police and teachers dindu nuffins.

>puts it in a briefcase to show the parts of the clock to his teachers,
He refused to show it to his teachers even after ordered to so it's not option number 1.

You're acting like it's unheard of for people to exploit cultural sensitivities. It's clear his family was seeking a claim to persecution

>dailycaller.com/2016/04/16/professional-educator-grades-showing-up-on-time-are-a-form-of-white-supremacy/

Man, I kept hoping for the article to be satire... but I think probably it's not. It's fucking scary/disgusting that people like this exist. Also

>the 17th annual White Privilege Conference in Philadelphia, held April 15-17.

wat?

2) is much more likely.
Especially when you factor in that the father of the child has ran for the president of Sudan twice and has exploited islamophobia in the media before.

Again, not arguing that the teachers and cops didn't over-react. Not that said overreaction wasn't entirely predictable.

Just saying that the nation most certainly did.

I might be more apt to let it slide if they are excusing his fraud as the lesser crime here - which it is, kids do shit like this all the time - but no, it's complete ignorance and denial of his fraud - which is frightening.

Headline shoulda been closer to, "Stupid kid pulls stupid stunt and stupid teachers go ballistic and call police." not "Boy genius gets accused of building bomb due to racism."

>Don't see any lie here. Nice agenda you're pushing though, stormshit.

He created a plausibly deniable bomb threat.
All by itself a lie within a lie.

>stormshit.
So disliking the actions of someonre who happens to be a brown-ish caucasian makes someone a neo-nazi?

>kid pulls stupid stunt
I think you mean kid's father.

Meh, I've not bothered looking into the details of the sources on that, so I can't possibly comment. It's entirely possible though.

>father
I think you mean the kid's mother's husband.

>this isnt what he did
He didn't use an actual rock, but aside from that, the video is accurate.

>he didnt just smash to shit some prebuilt clock and then throw in in a suitcase
Smash, no.
But he DID dissemble an existing clock, and glue the parts into a mini-briefcase.

>also his father has nothing to do with how the school treated him like a criminal
His father apparently engineered the while thing as a piece of political theater.

>the school treated him like a criminal
..because bomb threats (even hoaxes) are criminal acts.
Any white kid would have gone to jail.

>Did they cuff you and drag you out of your class to the station because you had a clock?
That happened to my son, and all he did was sent an email. (true story)

>because you had a clock?
See, anybody can play this game.

>There were bomb robots in the 80's?!
Why so surprised??
Bomb "robots" are just remote controlled mobile arms with video feedback.
We had actual robots welding cars together back then.

My high school went on lockout for 5 hours one day because a kid dropped a piece of PVC pipe from a project for his engineering class. They called in the bomb squad and everything. That kid should have pressed for some media coverage.

Intelligence =/= being kind.

>which scenario is more likely:

3. His father engineers the entire scenario as political theater intended to bring wealth and fame to the family.

All evidence points to #3.

Also, why the fuck are you guys acknowledging the quote of a dumbass kid? fucking hell, Veeky Forums.

>Also, why the fuck are you guys acknowledging the quote of a dumbass kid? fucking hell, Veeky Forums.
It resonates with the Zietgiest.

>also his father has nothing to do with how the school treated him like a criminal

well, he named his son "Ahmed Mohamed"

>WE NEED TO EXAMINE THE SITUATION OBJECTIVELY AND EVALUATE THE EVIDENCE, HE DID NOT BUILD THE CLOCK BUT DISASSEMBLED ONE

>ALSO HIS FAMILY PUT HIM UP TO IT BECAUSE THEY ARE ENGAGED IN A CONSPIRACY TO SCAM THE GOVERNMENT OUT OF MONEY

Stormfag logic.

Except it's been proven that's pretty much true.

If a conspiracy theory fits your stormfag narrative that doesn't make it true.

It's still not a bomb.

>Ahmed Mohamed

Fuck off.

I can't tell if this makes Isis our bros or not

>If a conspiracy theory fits your stormfag narrative that doesn't make it true.
Regardless of anyone's intent, the family got a shit-ton of cash and prizes.
Nice co-incidence.
But I suppose, in your world, anyone who accuses someone else of playing the race card must be wrong, because...???

>It's still not a bomb.
Even fake bomb threats are serious crimes.

>I don't know what evidence is
Back to /pol/ cretin.

Unless you're arab. Funny isn't it. This is why a society built around liberals would not work. Foreigners would be flooding in, people would be Hi Neighbor, and then they watch their school be blown up.

>>I don't know what evidence is
>implying things without evidence cannot be true

There's a ton of circumstantial evidence.
Nothing sufficient to send the father to jail for, but enough to remind us that the race card is a powerful tool, prone to abuse.
Instead of sticking your head in the sand, maybe you should ask yourself how we could make our society less susceptible to such manipulation, even if we are "only" 99% sure that's what happened this time.

I am waiting for you to post the evidence. Familiarize yourself with basic logic before posting on a science board.

Isn't science just magic explained?

it's honestly pretty sad even on Veeky Forums there are so many people afraid to say negative things about Muslims

>muh feelings
>muh all cultures are equal
>muh critisizing a religion is racism
>muh Islamophobia
>muh evul white males
>muh evul America
>muh evul Western World
>muh cuckoldry

Yes and no.

In the context of a job interview that fact that HR tends to use grades as a judge of your work ethic is wrong and misguided. Good grades can suggest a strong work ethic but there are cases in which lazy or unmotivated people can pull good grades as well so it's a poor indicator in that regard. A lot of people with good work ethics can have bad grades due to being poor multi-taskers or poor test takers, bad professors, etc.

>I am waiting for you to post the evidence.
While you're waiting, why not read my actual post.

If this wasn't 100% political theater intended to cash in on our collective fear of racism, it sure as hell looks like it.
Either way, we're not sending anybody to jail, so the only end result is that we should become more wary of people playing the race card, or better yet, let's not freak out when we treat brown people exactly the same as white people.

Look at OJ Simpson.
He walked on a murder charge because he was a black celebrity apprehended by a racist white cop.

Our fear of racism shouldn't lead us to treat non-whites differently.

I hold a neutral stance, but it doesn't make me not fear them until proven otherwise. I'm only human. So fuck them.

I was humoring you. Your claim that it was "proven" and "pretty much true" is an oxymoron from the get go. Of course I don't expect you to post evidence because it doesn't exist and your posts have no substance.

>tfw I always have black and white views on things, can't see in shades of gray

America = extreme good
Islam = extreme evil

I know it's not completely accurate, but it's just how my brain works. fug.

You can't think of things in shades of gray all the time, because then you get complicated shit like this where the only response is to not say anything offensive cause people are afraid of hurting someone's feelings.

If someone made a bomb in this kind of climate, I would go full on extremist and tell them to fucking not do that. You don't go into a ghetto or hillbilly area with people cocked with guns and not expect to get shot when you say either nigga or inbred redneck. You may not get a gun to your nuts, but you'll probably not walk out with your legs.

so are you saying I should work on seeing things in shades of gray or keep my meme world view?

>Your claim that it was "proven" and "pretty much true" is an oxymoron from the get go.
I never made such a claim.
Are you so arrogant you don't realize you're arguing with multiple people?

>your posts have no substance.
So you're STILL not actually reading them.

What evidence are you waiting for?
Assuming the father did engineer this whole thing, what evidence would there be?

And what aspect of my posts relies on Ahmed's clock being a deliberate bomb threat, rather than unintentional?

And what's your alternative? Can you prove he couldn't have known the clock was likely to be mistaken for a bomb?
Where's YOUR evidence?

p.s. Several teachers instructed him not to show it to anyone else, lest it be mistaken for a bomb, so it's pretty clear he knew the potential for his arrest.

>I don't know what burden of proof means
Include logic 101 in your next semester you insipid undergraduate.

How about you evaluate the fact that his sister also made her own bomb threat in a separated incident?

breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/23/ahmeds-sister-admits-school-suspension-alleged-bomb-threat-3-years-earlier/

It's almost as if his whole family was trying to become famous by pretending to be victims...

>I got suspended from school for three days from this stupid same district, from this girl saying I wanted to blow up the school, something I had nothing to do with

Read your own link dumbfuck. Additionally:

>Breitbart

>>I don't know what burden of proof means
>Include logic 101 in your next semester you insipid undergraduate.
Wow, so really aren't reading my posts at all.
"Burden of proof" would apply if I were trying to jail Ahmed and his dad.
In this case it would involve proving intent, which is all but impossible in any case.
Instead, prosecutors fall back to asking "is there a plausible alternative explanation for his actions that don't involve formation of intent?"
Given the circumstances, what alternative explanation is there for his actions?
Why did he plug it in and refuse to explain it's function when repeatedly asked what it was?
Why did his father hire a civil rights lawyer days before the incident?

Occam's (or Ockham's) razor is a principle attributed to the 14th century logician and Franciscan friar William of Ockham. Ockham was the village in the English county of Surrey where he was born. The principle states that "Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily."

He was NOT accused of building a bomb, he was accused of trying to incite panic

>not using Hitchen's razor

>Occam's (or Ockham's) razor
Given what happened, I say "political theater hoax" is simpler, and thus more plausible than "I built something that looks like a bomb for no particular reason, then showed it to 5 teachers who told me to stop showing it to people, but I kept at it anyway for unknown reasons, then I decided to plug it in and start it beeping, then refused to explain what it was, but I'm surprised anyone would find it suspicious".
I also think Hitchens's razor would require more proof of the "misunderstanding" hypotheses than the "political theater" hypotheses.

>I built something that looks like a bomb for no particular reason, then showed it to 5 teachers who told me to stop showing it to people, but I kept at it anyway for unknown reasons, then I decided to plug it in and start it beeping, then refused to explain what it was, but I'm surprised anyone would find it suspicious

Apply the razor to your own misinterpretation.

>I built a clock and wanted to show off.

Don't reply again. It's getting embarrassing.

>>I built a clock and wanted to show off.
Except that he didn't build a clock.
There really wasn't anything to show off.
Still waiting for an explanation more plausible than "race card hoax".

>Don't reply again. It's getting embarrassing.
Not for me it's not.

It's not like if different people involved in the same incident had different versions of it. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that that family for some reason is always involved in fake bomb threats and getting attention out of it.

P.S. - We've lost track of two points here:
1) Regardless of intent, we SHOULD be learning that we treat brown people with kid gloves BECAUSE they're brown, and maybe we should just treat everybody the same instead of giving the race card more power.
2) You never answered this question:
>in your world, anyone who accuses someone else of playing the race card must be wrong, because...???

>We should have just let him get arrested because that's what we would normally do when someone breaks a clock.
lel

>Still waiting for an explanation more plausible than "race card hoax".
Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor, and lex parsimoniae in Latin, which means law of parsimony) is a problem-solving principle attributed to William of Ockham (c. 1287–1347), who was an English Franciscan friar and scholastic philosopher and theologian. The principle can be interpreted as stating Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

In science, Occam's razor is used as a heuristic technique (discovery tool) to guide scientists in the development of theoretical models, rather than as an arbiter between published models.[1][2] In the scientific method, Occam's razor is not considered an irrefutable principle of logic or a scientific result; the preference for simplicity in the scientific method is based on the falsifiability criterion. For each accepted explanation of a phenomenon, there may be an extremely large, perhaps even incomprehensible, number of possible and more complex alternatives, because one can always burden failing explanations with ad hoc hypotheses to prevent them from being falsified; therefore, simpler theories are preferable to more complex ones because they are more testable.[3][4][5]

People get arrested for bomb threats all the time, even fake ones.
And that's certainly what it appeared to be.

see:

behold, an ostrich arguing on the internet

Now you're moving the goal posts

The argument is that he didn't build a clock but accepted accolades for building a clock.

And now you've set up a whole different argument about motives.

The kid didn't build a clock and is therefore dishonest and not worthy of praise.

Your "argument" is just you regurgitating "hurr durr its more likely he's in a conspiracy with his family than he just tried to show off a clock at school and YOU CANT PROVE ME WRONG SO I'M RIGHT".

There's nothing to see or to respond to. Read up on Occam's Razor and apply it you undergraduate faggot.

I think that's a good way to think about things if the intention is genuine

>YOU CANT PROVE ME WRONG SO I'M RIGHT".
Except I've never said that.
And it's certainly plausible that his father engineered a hoax for monetary gain.

More importantly, my point all along has been that we should be wary of people playing the race card.
But regardless of their intent, the fact remains that our society freaked out because he was initially treated the exact same way a white kid would have been treated, and that's just wrong.

My step-son once made a threatening post on a school's allegedly anonymous chat system.
Not surprisingly, he was led out of the classroom in handcuffs, and was expelled from school.
Not one person I know has ever said they were surprised by this, or that he didn't deserve to be arrested.