What's your favourite kind of cake, Veeky Forums?

What's your favourite kind of cake, Veeky Forums?

Starting off with coffee cake.

Other urls found in this thread:

southernliving.com/food/entertaining/hummingbird-cake/anniversary-hummingbird-cake
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Carrot, freals

carrot or coffee. cheesecake if that counts, but not plain cheesecake I like the special kinds with fruit on them.

Pic related. Some people say it's more of an extra large cup cake because of it's shape though.

Not really a big cake eater but Banana split cake and Simple White
( vanilla) cake with the buttercream frosting, like a wedding cake are my favorites I guess.

I also like Louisiana crunch cake. That's about it.

Carrot cake was going to be my next post.

Yes I'll definitely count cheesecake, even plain cheesecake is fucking delicious in my book

Is that some 'go 'ake?

>Banana split cake
>Simple White

Not heard of them, post pics

Chiffon cake. Dense brownies. Souffle cheesecake.

I'm glad we have the same taste in cake. I've always loved cinnamon flavors over chocolate.

Does carrot cake have cinnamon? Anyway I do love cinnamon, and chocolate. 2bh I love most cakes really.

Here's another delicious cake. Black forest gateau.

Banana split cake is a layered cake. Vanilla cake on the bottom, crushed pineapple, pudding, bananas, whipped cream, fudge sauce, cherries/ strawberries, pecans.

The White cake I'm talking about is just white cake with a buttercream frosting. Like a birthday or wedding cake.

I'm with carrot cake on this one.

That does look pretty delicious 2bh

Rumkugeln. Do you have those in the states?
I love those fuckers. I know that they are basically mashed-up leftover cakes, but holy fuck if you pop one of them into a microwave for 30 seconds they basically melt inside of your mouth.

Carrot cake fan reporting in.

A good coffee cake is probably number two on my list.

I can't decide between carrot cake and pineapple upside-down. Last time I made pineapple I made it two layers, which didn't turn out quite perfect but still tasted amazing.

>Banana split cake
Looks good.

I say carrot for me, but pineapple upside down cake is a close second

>carrot cake
>black forest cake
>pandoro
>panettone
>baumkuchen

gween tea cake

>gween tea
cowfeeya

Sachertorte is the king of cakes.

These all look amazing

Oh shit, I forgot about pineapple upside-down cake. I've only had it once or twice, but I remember it being fucking awesome. It might be my number two after carrot actually.

This cake looks a little bit like a lie to me.

>Oh shit, I forgot about pineapple upside-down cake. I've only had it once or twice, but I remember it being fucking awesome. It might be my number two after carrot actually.
Well...
If you've never had hummingbird cake, it's the best of all worlds. It's got the spice and pecans of carrot cake, the cream cheese icing too, and pineapples and burned sugar flavor of pineapple upside down, and bananas too. If you're lucky, it'll have a touch of dark rum in it if a jamaican grandma makes it, as well.
southernliving.com/food/entertaining/hummingbird-cake/anniversary-hummingbird-cake

Ever since I was a child cookie cake has always had a soft spot in my heart. Not the classiest choice but it's fucking cake who cares.

What the fuck. What YEAR do you think this is?

Tortuga Caribbean rum cake

carrot and coffee are probably my two favorites.

Had this at my sister's wedding after party. It wasn't half bad.

Are you me?

Bonus points if carrot cake has cream cheese frosting. Also strawberry cheesecake is best cheesecake.

Since carrot cake and cheesecake have already been posted, I will add my #3 favorite cake - rum cake. I've always been partial to the Tortuga ones.

Any cake where Alcohol is used as flavoring.
>rum cake
>Whisky cake
>brandy cake

They are all usually fucking delicious, and all taste godlike when served warm.

Bonk Cake

Oh my!

cheese cake is the only cake that isnt shit except for maybe red velvet

why?

Momofuku's birthday layer cake is pretty dope.

forgot coffee cake, coffee cake is p dank

Mom's layered autumn cake - yogurt cake, peach/nectarine/plum blend, and meringue on top

I don't have one particular favorite.

Most of my family likes angel food cake. It's a nice cake, but I can take it or leave it.

Speaking of cakes though, anyone want to recommend a cake that's not especially difficult to make? I've been meaning to try making more desserts.

Blitzkuchen

Chocolate mousse

I'm a sucker for "dry" cakes.
Marble, sponge and the like.

Creamy stuff isn't for me

It's close, but for me a bakewell cake (hybrid of a bakewell tart and a sponge cake) just about beats a carrot cake (presuming the carrot cake has been made with butter and not disgusting oil). Also, well made dark Christmas cake is the only cake for that time of year.

Please tell me you have tea or coffee with them, as god intended.

poundcake, bruh

Ohh god this right here got my panties wet

Vagina creme pie

My grandmother makes the absolute best lemon cake.

Sounds yeasty

Who /eclair cake/ here?

Carrot cake is my favorite but I enjoy this stuff too. even the shit tier version made with instant pudding and cool whip is pretty good.

my mom makes this fucking amazing apple wine/cider cake
this is not the one but it's similar enough

Why not both?

>no tres leches
It's one of my favorites, pic related has meringue instead of typical whipped cream.

Looks good. The pineapple upside down cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory is insane as well. I want to try pic related.

I don't have cake enough to have a favorite
When I was a kid I only wanted chocolate.

I have a sweet tooth, I like all kind of cakes ( no Im not fat )

carrot cake is great tho, I'm french and I wish I knew about it sooner, its not very popular in europe

What the hell? It's bloody obsidian at this point.

Far too good, feel fat thinking about it.

Looks exciting

A bit down on black forest cake atm, the last one I had was kinda mediocre

Is that a Molten Lava Cake?

Quite, i've been considering ordering a huge cake and just pigging out. Expensive though.
mmm straight from the local supermarket Freezer

Tiramisu with a cup of coffee. :)

How can other cakes even compete?

It was a small get together with her husband's relatives. It's something I'd try again; a lot like a carrot cake crossed with a pumpkin pie in terms of taste, with heaps of mayo in the batter to make it extra moist.

oh fuck yeah. nice choice buddy

err no

that's chocolate and chocolate
that's just going to be sickly

How has no one said german chocolate yet?

I need to make up an excuse to make one of those. They're so good.

oh fuck yeah. we call them chocolate potatoes in eastern europe, and i think the american equivalent would be something like a cake pop from starbucks.

but these things are fucking amazing, would always buy them, never tried heating them up though

Mille crepes are great. My attempts to reproduce them have been a bit sloppy but still tasty.

Carrot cake, spice cake, and lava cake are all great, too. I'll pretty much eat any kind of cake though, baked goods are my greatest weakness.

Because scat-fetishists are in the minority.

Southern Caramel cake.

Something about the weird texture of the icing.

PUMPKIN
PIE
CHEESE
CAKE

Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting

Spice cake since it's pretty much carrot cake minus the carrots

>entire top half of the picture is out of focus
>bottom and top of the slice of cake are also out of focus

Someone was trying to be artsy and fucked up badly

dont have a favourite, mostly it depends on mood
kirschtorte is great but can be a bit heavy with all the cream
victoria sponge is a great intermediate
madeira cake is a fantastic light cake, perfect after a heavy meal
if i feel really good, white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake UK (no bake) style

medovik

First picture off Google, didn't out much effort in it.

I'll be sure to upload a picture of my Grannyma's caramel cake as soon as I next visit her, stuff is goddamn delectable.

That looks too dry to be tres leches. I do love tres leches though.

you cant even see the cake

pour some malibu rum over a pound cake. give it a good soaking.

wrap in parchment paper and let it sit for 2-3 days. the ethanol and much of the water will evaporate through the parchment.

it results in a really unique texture and an intensely rum-flavored cake.

Nothing beats a napoleon cake.

Memes

torta barozzi (pic related)
also pear pie

i do like a soma moa gween tea

i made one of these for my birthday. was pretty damn good.

because i hate the texture of shaved coconut

oh my god I had a crazy out of nowhere craving for rum cake the other day, told my bf, and he had no idea what rum cake is. i need to make this.

favorites would be

>carrot cake
>strawberry cake
>banana cake
>berry chantilly
>tres leches

Sachertorte, especially the 'original' from the hotel, is one of the most dry and boring cakes in existence.

>angel food cake

Sweet jesus my dick can only get so erect

agreed - it tastes like you're eating half a button of solid crappy chocolate and then bland filling