Deep water excavations

Ok dumb question: if we can send a man to the moon why cant we go to the earths deepest points with suits just as safe as soace suits? It shouldnt be that difficult can it?picture unrelated.

*space

>It shouldnt be that difficult can it?

Butchered, mentally-disabled grammar aside, what reason do you have to believe it shouldn't be difficult? Of course it's fucking difficult, how in the hell is a suit meant to keep you upright against pressures of over 1000 atmospheres? The mariana trench has been reached via manned missions, but they sure as hell didn't go out of their pod for a stroll along the ocean floor.

I will forgive your childish demeanor due to my "grammar" this once you little shit.i just asked a question. Fucking christ. Yes i know that the force on the ocean is immense but the fact that we have managed to walk on the moon we'd be able to create a suit able to withstand such water pressure.

>space
>no pressure, emphasis on movement and oxygen, ez pz.

>deep sea
>fucking crush tiny little human body

Do you understand, Simple Man?

>Pressure on the moon ~ 0 Pa
>Pressure in the challenger deep ~ [math] 112 \times 10^{6} Pa [/math]

It's hard to put into words how huge that is. But at that pressure most materials get crushed.

Okay so, the way in which the submarine avoided being crushed was due to a protective layer of incompressible petrol right? Why not just surround a human in a suit with a layer of in-compressible petrol between two other layers?

>>Pressure on the moon ~ 0 Pa
[math] 3 \times 10^{-10} \, \mathrm{Pa} [/math]
:^)

>the fact that we put a human into 0~ atmospheres enviroment safely means we should be able to put a human in 1000~ atmospheres enviroment safely too
Are you a nigger?

A high pressure environment is way more dangerous than a vacuum or near-vaccum. And engineering vessels that can withstand high pressure is way harder than designing some space ship.

If you're talking about Trieste it had 13 cm thick walls and weighed 8 tones in water. So you really think that a person could wear that as a suit, and if they could what would be the point? It would pretty much be a very cramped, immovable, unpowered submarine.

Thank you user.

I didn't read your post properly, sorry. It's because you have to have an internal pressure of about 1 atmosphere, the petrol was fine since it could equilibrate with the outside pressure, the crew compartment had to stay at 1 atm.

B8 sucessful.transform and roll out.

Because the suit would have to be so big and bulky that it wouldn't be very maneuverable offering zero advantage and more disadvantages than underwater robots.

Pic related, soon we'll be able to VR dive instead of having to actually dive.

>muh rov
This sort of tech has been In development for over 40 years. There's a reason commercial divers are still used to get shit done.

There is also a reason deep water oil rigs don't use divers or even manned submersibles for subsea work.

>>This sort of tech has been In development for over 40 years
So has, the car, the computer, airplanes, and so many other things. And they keep getting better.

That's funny. I just got off a swing doing some manned maintenance on deep oil pipelines.
Fucking armchair scientists, I swear.

...You're right, this was a dumb question.

The tech required to maintain a spacesuit's integrity is simply nothing like a hypothetical "marianas trench" suit. The only similarity being that they're both suits that are designed to keep a human being alive and functional within them.

You're not even remotely comprehending how intense the pressure is down there. In layman's terms, the pressure-per-square-inch underwater doubles every 13 feet. Doubles. Combine that with a trench that could submerge Mount Everest, (approx 29,000 ft,) and you've got an absurd amount of pressure.

The suit would need to be able to withstand pressures that can warp most metals, while also enabling the mobility of a human form. At our current level of tech, that sounds impossible, as the suit would need to be too large to enable any mobility. Joints/Seams work against you here, as any integrity loss in the suit would instantly crush it.

It's a job best done by ultra-durable high pressure drones for now.

for the same exact reasons that we don't go to the moon with just a space suit, or to an asteroid with just a space suit, or anywhere in space at all with just a space suit.

We don't use divers at depths >700 m.

>>That's funny. I just got off a swing doing some manned maintenance on deep oil pipelines.
that's funny because I'm a dog

>In layman's terms, the pressure-per-square-inch underwater doubles every 13 feet. Doubles.
No.

>need to keep ~1 ATM of pressure contained against a zero-pressure environment

>need to keep ~1 ATM of pressure contained against ~1100 ATM of pressure

gee i fucking wonder OP