ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19099589
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25071075
yorku.ca/mriddell/documents/istype2reversible.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11596667
sciencenordic.com/maasai-keep-healthy-despite-high-fat-diet
discovermagazine.com/2004/oct/inuit-paradox/
annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=1900694
webmd.com/diabetes/type-1-diabetes-guide/what-is-ketosis
well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/cutting-sugar-from-diet-rapidly-improves-heart-health-markers/?smid=fb-nytimes&_r=0
youtube.com/watch?v=8ls9HWRxvMo
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4215472/
youtube.com/watch?v=iBLCi0KbYkM
youtube.com/watch?v=n8rrgsABNjE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Calories in -> calories out gets you 90% of the way there when it comes to weight loss to be quite honest desu

Where you get those calories affects your resting metabolism rate, as well as how starved you start feeling throughout the day

Also of course, it's important to get as many nutrients as you can from the least calories

""""""science"""""""
If it has anything to do with daily life/behavior or politics it is objectivley shit.

Science is fine, but it doesn't usually make for eye-catching headlines without embellishment.

Low carb diets absolutely work, but require some pretty good smarts to do it safely. What isn't talked about though....
You need carbs for good mental health. It is crucial to feel good and keep a good serontonin-dopamine balance too. I think that's a big consideration people absolutely either don't know about or forget to mention when they go low carb. Also ketosis can be dangerous to kidney health, very dangerous, can even lead to putting you on a transplant list.

Calorie counting with an eye towards a diverse diet is best, and by cutting fat you can consume more food to aid satiety. Long term, it's really the only way to go, to maintain the weight for the rest of your life, so nutritionists and doctors like AHA, FDA guidelines, and diets like weight watchers for long term success.

Just ignore nutritionists, humans are too volatile for any accurate all-encompassing studies. If you want to lose weight then consume less calories than you expend, and for nutrition just eat a balanced diet of vegetables, fruit, grains, meat. Maybe dairy who the fuck knows

how starved i am depends if i took my 3rd bronkaid or not

>""""""science"""""""
this exactly.
We know surprisingly little about our body when it comes to nutrition. That's also why every other week some dumbass can come up with the new ultra superfood and nobody can refuse the claims made about that food.
Whether it's the acai, or gojiberry, Quinoa or Amaranth, there is very little evidence that this food is acually healthier than other grain/berries.
When looking at the "scientific evidence" it's mostly done by unscientific hacks in an unscientific way

Scientists have to push out this kind of shit to magazines so they can stay funded. If it sounds like clickbait, it probably is. Best to ignore it.

Traditionally high-carb societies like Asians have always been thin, and those Kenyan runners who dominate the Olympics eat mostly carbs too

Then when they adopt Western high-protein diets, they start to have obesity issues

But then again, they also get taller when they adopt the high-protein diet

I thought the Japanese were thin because they have to walk everywhere. Same with Kenyans although in their case, it's because they are poor.

>You need carbs for good mental health
No you don't. With a low carb high fat diet your brain starts to run off of ketones which are just as good if not better as running off of glucose.
>Ketosis can be dangerous to kidney health
You're thinking of ketoacidosis which is not the same thing.
Cutting carbs means lowering standing insulin. Insulin 1) blocks leptin, leptin is the cause of the "I'm full" feeling and 2) makes it so you cannot access fat until the sugar in your blood is dealt with and if you have a constant stream of sugar it makes it harder to burn fat

High protein diets also cause issues because excess protein your body doesn't need is turned into glucose, which raises insulin, which causes fuckloads of problem including insulin resistance in the most severe of cases.
There are plenty of large studies focusing around "keto" or "lchf" diets/lifestyles showing they lower body fat percentage faster and better long term as low as lowering the effects of insulin resistance, sugar-caused fatty liver disease, overeating, binge eating, heart inflammation, etc

You can look into these studies yourself and check to see the sample size is high, the study is long term, the participation rate is high, and methods.

News places give 0 shits about whether something is accurate or not they just want clicks.
"Chocolate lowers risk of heart disease" is far more interesting than "study saying chocolate lowers heart disease is inherently flawed and biased and needs more research".

Not mention with studies like these involving low carb dietary patterns you have to think about HOW they are doing it. What is low? 100g per day? 50g per day? 20g per day?
"Keto" is less than 20g of net carbs per day, if it is higher than that you are probably not in ketosis, and thus cannot switch primarily to being a fat burner instead of a sugar burner.

How to lose weight: eat a balanced diet and get off your fucking lazy ass and exercise. That's about it.

>taking three

You are going to build up a tolerance and then they are useless

>no self control to ignore your body's hunger signals

Much harder to do with people with a sugar addiction. They never feel full because the feel full hormone is getting blocked by insulin, plus they can't access their body fat reserves so they feel like they're starving.
This is primarily who low carb diets are for along with diabetics, epileptics, and cancer patients, just like for alcoholics you avoid alcohol.
Plus there are many misconceptions about what a "balanced diet" actually is, such as the debate on dietary cholesterol, how to lower cholesterol, carb amounts, red meat, and fat.

If you're having issues with binging and never feeling full, you probably have a sugar addiction and need to cut out carbs.

Keto effect on type 2 diabetes
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19099589
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25071075
yorku.ca/mriddell/documents/istype2reversible.pdf

Insulin suppresses leptin, or the hormone that triggers the full feeling
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11596667

High fat diets in culture
sciencenordic.com/maasai-keep-healthy-despite-high-fat-diet
discovermagazine.com/2004/oct/inuit-paradox/

Low carb vs low fat diets
annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=1900694

Summary of nutritional ketosis (as opposed to diabetic ketosis or ketoacidosis)
webmd.com/diabetes/type-1-diabetes-guide/what-is-ketosis

well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/cutting-sugar-from-diet-rapidly-improves-heart-health-markers/?smid=fb-nytimes&_r=0

Not specifically keto but cholesterol
youtube.com/watch?v=8ls9HWRxvMo

Keto as cancer therapy
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4215472/

youtube.com/watch?v=iBLCi0KbYkM

youtube.com/watch?v=n8rrgsABNjE

Read the studies yourself if you want actual information, it takes like five minutes and a bit of experience to figure out issues with various studies.

YOu want to lose weight, then eat fewere calories

it's because they don't eat too much

makes no sense. I lost weight eating carbs so I must have been buring fat at some point

Want to lose weight? cut Sugar, eat less, drink more water.

t. former 300 pound fatty to 130 skeleton.

There are genetic strains who have a higher tolerance to carbs. Northern Europeans, and Native Americans for example have lower tolerance and Meditteraneans have higher tolerance.
Or you could just have not been eating enough for it to matter (Standard American diet is 300g of carbs a day), even in a 100g carb range a day it's much safer.

Did you increase fat, or protein to make up the difference?

I'll add on here, that eat for example 10% or 15% of dietary calories from carbs won't cause what I'm mentioned. I'm talking about 300g of carbs/high carb (majority carb) diets aka americans.
Because of this high dose of carbs constantly throughout the day it's spiking insulin constantly and that paired with calorie restriction makes it harder to access fat reserves, because the body "prefers" (prioritizes) burning/storing sugar first above all else (except alcohol).

weights without heights are meaningless

eating* I've*
I'm also not implying all Americans eat this way, but it is what the American Heart Association, etc, recommend so it is more likely.

what if you eat >300g carbs but are very active?

The only way that would possibly work is if you were imediately burning off the sugar which would take huge amounts of exercise beyond what I can even imagine (it takes the naturally stored water weight [stored sugar] a day to completely go through it, for example).
You're still spiking insulin, you're still suppressing leptin, sugar is a huge inflammatory food which increases risk of heart disease, and increases risk of shit tons of other things including insulin resistance.
Of course, it also depends. You could be eating 300g of carbs, but it could make up

5'11

cut most protein, cut fat ate only vegetables and chicken for months

An hour of running is literally cancelled out by a bowl of ice cream. Exercise builds muscle tone that raises your resting metabolism, but it doesn't actively burn many calories. It is far less efficient than simply eating less.

wtf are you 130 pounds?

I know, but it doesn't matter if cal come from carbs or not.

ITS ABOUT CALORIES YOU FUCKING MORONS

MOTHER

FUCKING

CALORIES

FUCK