Is roasting tomatoes worthwhile or just a meme?

Is roasting tomatoes worthwhile or just a meme?

i enjoy roasted tomatoes, but then i'm pretty memetic

>"memes" are funny internet pictures
lurk moar, newfag.

For maximum memeing, roast them with garlic, salt, bread crumbs, parsley and olive oil, horizontally cut in half, cut side down.45 min.

>spot the fresh off the boat /b/tard ledditor

>roasting
>not frying

Stop calling foods memes

>memeing
New Verbs, America?

>Is
>just
>a
Learn how singularities work and you may just get an intelligent reply.

You know where you belong.

newfag detected

Retard detected.

>samefagging will surely help my cause

Kill yourself.

dumb frog poster

Nevermind, I was playing with a foreign language. The recipe is solid, thought.

I hollow out the tomatoes and use the innards to make salsa.
The flesh I roast at a slow temperature to dry them out. Doing so brings out the sweetness and sugars like sun dried tomatoes. Can be used in tons of different dishes.

it is an easy way to up flavor

also I trust rick bayless to know what the fuck he is talking about and he hardly ever doesn't roast a tomato or tomatillo

stop saying 'meme' to everything you stupid fucking cunt. just grow up past being 14. PLS

um, maybe a stupid question but why bother roastin em if you're not gonna remove the skins first? or do you leave the skins on and let them come off in whatever you add the matoes to

>Is roasting tomatoes worthwhile
If you like roasted tomatoes, which I do, they are indeed worthwhile effort.

I am not advocating roasting tomatoes where fresh tomatoes are called for in a recipe, however, unless those are Tasti-Lee, or Campari, or some heirloom from your garden, it's highly likely the tomatoes you bought semi-ripe, hit with gas by your grocer, is that flavorful. Concentrating flavors would be a way to get more flavor, but uhh, it's not a fresh tomato anymore, and you could have likely instead bought a canned tomato, something not shipped for days before getting into that can, but rather picked riper.

>also I trust rick bayless to know what the fuck he is talking about and he hardly ever doesn't roast a tomato or tomatillo
Well, but he's using recipes that require them to be roasted to add some smoke and break them down a little. Also it makes them easier to peel.

what's wrong with breaking things down and peeling them?

I don't know what's wrong with kevin costner? what's wrong with mumford & sons I thought their first album was pretty solid

sometimes the world is a confusing place and you're just gonna have to buck up pal

That's the exact opposite of what he said

So you're telling me use can tomatoes or what?

It makes tomatoes taste stronger
Which suck balls if you hate tomatl

>singularities

what the fuck are you talking about? there's nothing wrong with his question.

frying cherry tomatoes until they wrinkle and putting them in pasta is GOAT

i like to do cherry tomatoes, chopped zucchini and onion in the pan with basil and oregano and then tossing it in pasta with oil

cut tomatoe in half, sprinkle the top side (where the cut is) with a little bit of salt pepper, sugar and parmesan, throw in oven ( dont place it literally throw it, helps to bring out the flavour) cook untill done

thank me in your dreams

>can't tell if im retarded or its this faggot

protip: You're retarded.

Retard confirmed

can't tell if you are retarded or just a faggot

America strikes back.
:^)

Retard strikes back.
:^)

see

see

In my country is a traditional dish. Empty the inside , use it to make salsa , use that salsa to cook rice and mince meat and fill the tomatoes up with it and then roast it. I will try and find a recipe in english

Stop calling memes food

Everything takes better roasted.

Get the fuck out of Veeky Forums if you haven't roasted capsicum and garlic for a sauce, seriously.

>rick bayless
I used to think he was just some random fucko on PBS until I looked him up. He's the real deal.