Soo

Soo...

Around 2-3 years ago I stopped being able to taste the spiciness in food. I can eat habaneros and regular chillis and they don't taste spicy to me. Same with dry spices.
I can feel the spiciness in mustard and wasabi and such, but only a little bit.

Does anyone know someone with this kind of condition? Why am I not feeling it?

Pic unrelated.

Did you work your way up to that by eating lots of spicy food? If so, you conditioned your taste buds to be used to it. Only cure is no spicy food for a good long time.
If it just happened for no reason, I got no clue. Ask an oral doctor.

OP, do you mean any sort of spice flavor or only "heat" (capsacin)?

OP, now is the time to do competitions where you eat spicy shit.

what's your LoL IGN

Not conditioned, I don't think so.
Spicy cuisine isn't very popular here, so I definitely didn't eat it very often.

I cooked some meat with cayenne pepper and some other dry spices for my aunt and I at one point and she couldn't eat her piece while I just ate meat with peppery aroma and nothing more.

Difficult to say, how can I taste it more in depth?
I definitely don't taste anything at all when i eat any kind of peppers (only up to habanero/jalapeno scale, more spicier stuff isn't so common here). But I can taste mustard/wasabi/horseradish, but it used to be much stronger back when I was younger (I'm 24 btw).

Oh god how I want that.

Derp. Can I trust you? D: It's Nerrew, EUW.

>how can I taste it more in depth?

taste=test*

shit nigga im NA

added

Did you start smoking around that time?

too bad

k

No, never smoked in my life.

I tried some reaper chillies at a fair as a challenge despite not liking spicy food.

Ever since then I can't taste anything spicy beyond the hottest chillies in the world which I dont now if it's a blessing or a curse.

I want to try spicier peepers xD
And finally a brother from another mother!! Tell me more!

What changed is that I went on a keto diet, but I've been on and off it past year and there's no change in how I taste spicy food. Also, I never heard of this being a side-effect of the diet.

Also, I think I feel near full spiciness from novelty mustard mixes. We tried some kind of 'ultra super duper spicy mustard' that was on a taste test in Old Town and I felt a lot of spicyness. But I also grabbed quite a bit of it.

Makes sense. Mustard and Wasabi and horseradish aren't spicy from capsaicin, so you wouldn't have an immunity to them.

You don't feel it anywhere?
Like even in your stomach or when you shit it out?

What are they spicy from?

Hue, never felt spiciness with my shithole, even before this.
And no, nowhere.

Well when I ate really spicy food, my ass usually burns the nixt time I take a shit.
You do not even experience this?

Yeah, when I eat food that's even just moderately spicy, I'll feel it on my asshole.

Same thing happened after my reapers.

ranked league of legends?

>Does anyone know someone with this kind of condition?
Yes, you. now everyone knows you have lead poisoning
Your forefathers (fags) were prob Romans, who were beat down by the bizentines because they were all baddass and drunk
Johnny Depp invented plumbing and made it out of lead because he doesn't like you
If you want to taste something, go to burningman next year and report in

There's something wrong with the heat receptors in your mouth. Spice isn't actually a taste, when we eat something spicy it triggers the heat receptors in our mouth.

>triggers my mouth.
~ and that's why we keep it in the root celler,
and feed it biscuit's and mustard